• ...and so much more!
  • 1SG USA Ret

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Pendleton
    My 2 cents worth. Never liked or had a need for a .270. Have its baby brother 25.06 and its big brother 30.06 but with the .243 and 7 Reg Mag and .308 just don't see the need. Had a Browning .270 carbine shorty with adjustable muzzle break and it was a semi-auto. Traded it off. Now it is probably rare and worth a lot.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "The old Winchester drops less than the Creedmoor at all ranges."

:)
    I will always enjoy my 270win

"In energy, velocity and drop, the 270 Winchester wins. In wind deflection, recoil, cycling speed, and potentially compact rifle size (short action,) the Creedmoor comes out on top."

Last edited:

1SG USA Ret

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Pendleton
    10mm, it gave us .40S&W
    Despite everyone always saying "I wish it came in 10mm" , they do not in fact sell. Most guys who have one never shoot them due to cost of the ammo, and properly loaded 10mm is relatively hard to find at not obsene prices.

It's an interesting cartridge absolutely, but it just annoys the hell out of me.
    You should read what the guides are saying in the west and Alaska. Seems that 10mm is getting to be the favorite protection round against bears and mountain lions. I suspect the weight difference between the 44 mag and 10mm along with the higher cap magazines might be it but who knows, not a whole lot of difference in energy.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    "The old Winchester drops less than the Creedmoor at all ranges."

:)
    I will always enjoy my 270win

"In energy, velocity and drop, the 270 Winchester wins. In wind deflection, recoil, cycling speed, and potentially compact rifle size (short action,) the Creedmoor comes out on top."
    Plus you can go to any store and find 3006 or 270 if you need a box or 2

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You should read what the guides are saying in the west and Alaska. Seems that 10mm is getting to be the favorite protection round against bears and mountain lions. I suspect the weight difference between the 44 mag and 10mm along with the higher cap magazines might be it but who knows, not a whole lot of difference in energy.

This is not ALGO is it? Biggest critters we have in Indiana are black bear and bobcats /mountain loins to my knowledge.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Noticed some UN-Love for the .357 Sig upthread??
    When you can get 14-15 rounds, in a standard magazine of 125gr. projectiles, loaded up to 1400-1500fps., what's not to LOVE???...HA.HA..........Bill.

PS: I DO understand that I DO need to spend more time on the handloads, but worth it to me...

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    im gonna have to jump on the .40 hate band wagon. had one and couldn't stand it, sold it shortly there after and have never looked back.

ill stick with my 9, 45acp, and 44mag for my handgun selection

jdfog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    West Central Indiana
    What if you don't have a dislike of any caliber?
    I like to shoot about anything.
    Agree!
    I'm sure I don't like something and just don't know it. But I haven't found it so far in my 63 years. I love to shoot everything I've tried so far.
    That 500 S&W video makes me think I might not like that caliber but that wouldn't be the round's fault. That would be my fault. And I bet I would like it after I got used to it. But it might take a bit longer than some caliber / gun combos :)
    JD

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    7-30 Waters, loaded to the gills, out of a 10" silhouette pistol. Anyone who says that that was fun to shoot is lying! The only handgun I ever shot that would raise a cloud of dust when fired from a standing position.

MH

kalashnikovfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Henry County
    I may be a bit biased but .44 magnum smokes 10mm when it comes to the heavy stuff. However you buy and shoot whatever makes you happy :ar15:

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Any wssm cartridges-

unnecessary- and just looking at them makes me scratch my head and wonder why?! There was also the mess around the patent infringement so just yuck.

Also +1 to small primer .45 acp brass.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I may be a bit biased but .44 magnum smokes 10mm when it comes to the heavy stuff. However you buy and shoot whatever makes you happy :ar15:
    I agree with this. I kind of want a 10mm just because, but I have no aspirations that it will come anywhere near to matching the performance of this thing. It will certainly hurt far less to shoot, though!

IMG_20240207_193646878_HDR.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    .445 Webley
    It's just meh to shoot.
    I have a Webley and shoot it, but if it had more pop, I'd probably shoot it more.

logguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think the "old" stand byes, are around for a long time for a reason, they work.

30/06, 300 Win Mag, 9mm ( a little weak)
    45 Colt & 45 acp

Top Bottom