• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Is there any particular caliber you don’t like? I guess I don’t actually DISLIKE any caliber, but for me, two come to mind that I just have never warmed up to and don’t really have much appeal to me. 380 and 22 magnum. I just have never felt the desire to buy one. My wife likes her 380, but I never shoot it. My brother loves his 22 magnum, but I just can’t really warm up to it.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It's not active dislike but I don't see any real point to anything in 7MM/.284. I'm also not a fan of the hype and nonsense surrounding the 6.5 CM but it is a perfectly fine cartridge.

• Love
    Reactions: Mij

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I would agree with 45 colt. I hardly ever see it for sale, when I do it is expensive and seems to be mainly cowboy action wimpy stuff. Seems like a reloaders cartridge now to me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    .357 Sig is the only cartridge I tried and actively left. That said, I've not seen any reason to branch out that much. I reload, so if I want 'something different' I can typically achieve whatever that is by up or downloading one of my existing cartridges. .45 Colt is incredibly versatile. Anemic to atomic and most anything in between, for example.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    .357 Sig is the only cartridge I tried and actively left. That said, I've not seen any reason to branch out that much. I reload, so if I want 'something different' I can typically achieve whatever that is by up or downloading one of my existing cartridges. .45 Colt is incredibly versatile. Anemic to atomic and most anything in between, for example.
    Do you have a Ruger Super Blackhawk to shoot the atomic 45colt in or some other heavy duty revolver?
    I'm really looking into the Ruger Super Blackhawk in 45colt just for the atomic loads.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I like my 6.5 CM. I would prefer the rifle in 308, since I am already set up to reload that, but at the time, the 6.5 was the only thing locally I could find in a Tikka CTR. One of these days I will get me the 308 version.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you have a Ruger Super Blackhawk to shoot the atomic 45colt in or some other heavy duty revolver?
    I'm really looking into the Ruger Super Blackhawk in 45colt just for the atomic loads.

Redhawk. It will handle anything I'm willing to shoot. For some reason I thought it would be fun to drive a 255gr at 1k fps. It was like high fiving a sledgehammer.

Top Bottom