• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

Good points but I have one item I didn’t see touched on. Folks in mountain states should know this but some here heading west might not. I was stationed in Montana for a couple years and leaned this then so I will add there’s a caveat with shotguns. If that’s your choice Only use BRENAKE solid slugs DO NOT LOAD WITH STANDARD FOSTER Slugs like Remington Slugger and the like.

later in my LE stuff I learned why. Fosters aren’t all that for deer as they flatten out to a silver dollar and doesn’t penetrate. Several humans killed with fosters the slug either never exited the body or was stopped by the tee shirt in the back.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Im so done with gun stores. Everytime I go into one theres either some goober chatting up the place or the employees themselves always feel like they have ti give me advice I didnt ask for all while im just trying to quietly look through their mostly overpriced inventory... theres a few decent gun stores near me with a couple employees who arent full of themselves. But its not consistent. Id almost rather walk into a walmart anymore than a gun store.
    I get it. If I see a recurring issue of a bunch of either old idiots hanging out not getting out of the way or the younger almost joined or exaggerating their Military contribution types all spewing BS I avoid that shop.

I heard enough of that type of entertainment filling in RSO duties between classes to the point I don’t do RSO stuff anymore!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    That is a very good read. 270 is the closest in comparison to the 6.5, but most people that hate 6.5 are usually he 308 crowd. All three are great rounds, each has pros and cons.

I personally love the 6.5 platform since reloading saves tons on powder mainly.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    380 seems to be the census!
    .380 ACP remains extremely popular as a small defensive handgun. The cartridge is quite readily available with some excellent defense loads and some major names continue to make pistols in that caliber including Beretta, Browning, Glock, Kimber, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, and Walther.

----------------------------

.25 ACP:
    The pistols made for it are little more than pot metal. They made the Saturday Night Special pocket pistol famous. I don't know of any pistol made in the caliber any more that isn't pot metal.

Helped a neighbor unjam one that had a cartridge in the chamber that he couldn't extract to the point we were both concerned any more aggressive attempts might set it off. We finally closed it up and put its muzzle into a sand buck with it cocked and pulled the trigger. That worked the action and the casing was ejected. Told him he should take his torch and melt it down before anyone else attempted to use it. Other than the thin steel barrel, everything else looked pot metal.

Last edited:

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    .380 ACP remains extremely popular as a small defensive handgun. The cartridge is quite readily available with some excellent defense loads and some major names continue to make pistols in that caliber including Beretta, Browning, Glock, Kimber, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, and Walther.

----------------------------

.25 ACP:
    The pistols made for it are little more than pot metal. They made the Saturday Night Special pocket pistol famous. I don't know of any pistol made in the caliber any more that isn't pot metal.

Helped a neighbor unjam one that had a cartridge in the chamber that he couldn't extract to the point we were both concerned any more aggressive attempts might set it off. We finally closed it up and aimed put its muzzle into a sand buck with it cocked and pulled the trigger. That worked the action and the casing was ejected. Told him he should take his torch and melt it down before anyone else attempted to use it. Other than the thin steel barrel, everything else looked pot metal.
    380 is good pocket pistol size for a lady lol my wife carries a 9mm atm but looking at LCP380 for her lil purse. Haha

I have a similar expirence with a 25 i was a teen and my grand dad had one, it jammed and he ended up setting it off in the house, it cleared then! Lol no one was hit thankfully

jb142

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Is there any particular caliber you don’t like? I guess I don’t actually DISLIKE any caliber, but for me, two come to mind that I just have never warmed up to and don’t really have much appeal to me. 380 and 22 magnum. I just have never felt the desire to buy one. My wife likes her 380, but I never shoot it. My brother loves his 22 magnum, but I just can’t really warm up to it.
    I've never liked 380. 22 magnum is fun to shoot but expensive.

Top Bottom