Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You can yell as loud as you like but reality is reality.
    g1pQKPI.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Which trial, Novavax or A-Z?
    Novavax.

Results to date show 95.6% effectiveness against the original strain of Sars-Cov-2 and 85.6% against the UK variant. It was found to be 60% effective against the (dreaded) South African strain. They are currently working on a combination "booster" that will enter studies shortly to directly address more recent strains. I'd be game to test it if they asked.

Mainly, being a test subject involves a basic health questionnaire, being tested for COVID, both nasal and blood (antibodies), getting a very basic physical exam (check heart and lung sounds, blood pressure, height and weight) then getting the injection and being observed for 30 minutes. Today (3 weeks after the first shot) I had the basic health check again and had more blood drawn to check for immune response (I would guess whether or not I got placebo). Then, I will have blood drawn in 14 days to check immune response again.

I had to download an app. For 7 days after the injection, every day, I fill out a form about injection site and, basically, how I am feeling. I have to take my temperature every day and for every day of the study, I report my temperature and whether I have any COVID 19 symptoms. If I do get COVID symptoms, a whole other procedure kicks in and I will have to do the deep swabs on myself, report what is going on and get tested by the researchers as well...let's hope for the best.

This is a (surprisingly) good summary of the newer vaccines from a local news station. I would note that Novavax is in talks with the FDA for an emergency use authorization based largely on the UK and South African studies and early results from the U.S. study.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Novavax.

Results to date show 95.6% effectiveness against the original strain of Sars-Cov-2 and 85.6% against the UK variant. It was found to be 60% effective against the (dreaded) South African strain. They are currently working on a combination "booster" that will enter studies shortly to directly address more recent strains. I'd be game to test it if they asked.

Mainly, being a test subject involves a basic health questionnaire, being tested for COVID, both nasal and blood (antibodies), getting a very basic physical exam (check heart and lung sounds, blood pressure, height and weight) then getting the injection and being observed for 30 minutes. Today (3 weeks after the first shot) I had the basic health check again and had more blood drawn to check for immune response (I would guess whether or not I got placebo). Then, I will have blood drawn in 14 days to check immune response again.

I had to download an app. For 7 days after the injection, every day, I fill out a form about injection site and, basically, how I am feeling. I have to take my temperature every day and for every day of the study, I report my temperature and whether I have any COVID 19 symptoms. If I do get COVID symptoms, a whole other procedure kicks in and I will have to do the deep swabs on myself, report what is going on and get tested by the researchers as well...let's hope for the best.

This is a (surprisingly) good summary of the newer vaccines from a local news station. I would note that Novavax is in talks with the FDA for an emergency use authorization based largely on the UK and South African studies and early results from the U.S. study.

More importantly, how much do you get paid?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So maybe we will be out of the mess in April?

I'd bet even if the numbers say we are statistically over this pandemic that the political ruling class will try to keep us entombed in our isolation.

I'm getting Shot #2 of Moderna on Monday and looking forward to all of society returning to normal ASAP

Interesting article, no tin hat needed.

Scientist/doctor at Johns Hopkins has a lot to say about why Covid will largely be gone in April:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So maybe we will be out of the mess in April?

I'd bet even if the numbers say we are statistically over this pandemic that the political ruling class will try to keep us entombed in our isolation.

I'm getting Shot #2 of Moderna on Monday and looking forward to all of society returning to normal ASAP

Interesting article, no tin hat needed, scientist/doctor at Johns Hopkins has a lot to say about why Covid will largely be gone in April:

That'd be nice, but not gonna hold my breath.

I am optimistic about my music festival trip in September and trip to Berlin in December.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That'd be nice, but not gonna hold my breath.

I am optimistic about my music festival trip in September and trip to Berlin in December.
    I think the politicians are going to do everything they can do to consolidate their power while they can, but that said, at some point we will reach herd immunity. I was thinking the end of the year. But I'll be happier with April.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Dr. Makary has been pretty outspoken all pandemic on the point of greater actual infections than known confirmed positive tests; last March he estimated 30x as many actual infections as then-known confirmed positives.

He's also no kook, as a professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Quick update.

After the second shot Tuesday, My arm got progressively more sore all Tuesday, was pretty sore Wednesday and started to reduce in soreness yesterday. Still a little sore. Also, I developed a slight headache Tuesday night that continued through Wednesday. My temperature was elevated above my normal, but not what you would call a fever, from Weds. morning through yesterday.

Junk still intact....well, more or less.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom