• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone who thinks it's okay to teach kids CRT is just as bad as someone who voted for Joe Biden because Trump posted mean tweets. Dumb and not worth wasting time or energy on. Especially any apologists trying to say that parents don't know what it is or that it's somehow okay as it's just teaching "theory". Ignorance is one thing, active malicious stupidity is quite another.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    My son went to IU. My best advice is to try to get her out of there and Bloomington.

I to thought my son would not be affected, he was. He is no SJW, but I'll bet he voted for Joe and the 'Ho he definitely did not come out unscathed.

Write your State legislators, preferably with specifics and course content. Let them know the use of your tax dollars to underwrite the content is unacceptable at a State school. Copy the Board of Trustees.

If you can get her to transfer, send a copy of the check to the Trustees with a note explaining they will receive no more from you, and why.
    THIS!!!

My daughter went into IU a perfectly normal kid and came out a flaming liberal. I'd recommend to anyone to steer their children as far away from Bloomington as possible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone who thinks it's okay to teach kids CRT is just as bad as someone who voted for Joe Biden because Trump posted mean tweets. Dumb and not worth wasting time or energy on. Especially any apologists trying to say that parents don't know what it is or that it's somehow okay as it's just teaching "theory". Ignorance is one thing, active malicious stupidity is quite another.
    They’re not teaching theory in most of the courses. The theory part is taught in the humanities courses which have names that often end in “Studies”. But critical theory trained teachers of any subject (math, language, history, whatever) teach those classes from the perspective of CRT. It’s Marxist ********.

BTW, it’s good to see you posting. Hope all is well now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They’re not teaching theory in most of the courses. The theory part is taught in the humanities courses which have names that often end in “Studies”. But critical theory trained teachers of any subject (math, language, history, whatever) teach those classes from the perspective of CRT. It’s Marxist ********.

BTW, it’s good to see you posting. Hope all is well now.

Thank you sir. Getting better day by day. The WuFlu really sucks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did someone mistakenly mention listening to diverse opinions in college? Are there any colleges where that is welcome? Colleges don't want diversity of opinion, they are opinion factories and not very good ones at that.

CRT is ********.
    Two things can be true at the same time. CRT is ********. Many college/universities do foster diverse opinions. I was surprised to find that my son hasn’t encountered much if any wokeness in any of his humanities classes. In a public policy class he participated in open classroom debates with other students who espoused communism. But he’s in the Business school which seems to be mostly run by libertarians. So if I had to deprogram him from anything, it would be his belief that all taxation is theft, and all police are 4th Amendment violators. At least he’s not a Ayn Rand fanboi. But I told him that if he becomes a “sovereign citizen” I’m just gonna allow nature to take its course.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Two things can be true at the same time. CRT is ********. Many college/universities do foster diverse opinions. I was surprised to find that my son hasn’t encountered much if any wokeness in any of his humanities classes. In a public policy class he participated in open classroom debates with other students who espoused communism. But he’s in the Business school which seems to be mostly run by libertarians. So if I had to deprogram him from anything, it would be his belief that all taxation is theft, and all police are 4th Amendment violators. At least he’s not a Ayn Rand fanboi. But I told him that if he becomes a “sovereign citizen” I’m just gonna allow nature to take its course.
    “Muh rights, dad, muh rights! AM I BEING DETAINED?”

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The purging of local school boards continues. Hoosiers, don’t overlook your local school board election! It’s time to FIRE these bastards once and for all. Don’t let them hide behind Indiana not requiring them to declare a political party affiliation on the ballot. Look them up, find out who they are, and toss their asses if they’re feeding our kids this CRT crap:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So, ah, any of you Catholics gonna give up your whiteness for lent? Good thing I’m not religious because I don’t know what “whiteness” even is to give it up. Or, what virtue giving it up would bestow upon me or upon others even if I could figure out what I’m supposed to give up.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

So, ah, any of you Catholics gonna give up your whiteness for lent? Good thing I’m not religious because I don’t know what “whiteness” even is to give it up. Or, what virtue giving it up would bestow upon me or upon others even if I could figure out what I’m supposed to give up.
    Pinko Meathead Mike Stivic would say:
    "At times like this, I thank God I'm an atheist."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Don't go lumping us in with that church.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    has anyone noticed that crt has not been promoted as vocally lately?

look at how they have switched their method of delivery.

the "president" broke federal law when he vowed to nominate a black woman to SCOTUS. justifications from the "black" community were "it's about time", "it's only fair", "we deserve it". all the while ignoring that they are doing the same thing they claim as the driving message of crt...one skin color using their skin color as a way to advance because one skin color did it.

several current news stories have shown very violent criminals being arrested multiple times within weeks. to compensate for blacks being "disproportionately(sp?) targeted". the criminals cheer the "fairness". meanwhile we have to watch our backs at the gas station.

as i have stated upthread... i see racism, true racism, daily. the racism that promotes someone with no experience (life, emotional, or work) to a very lucrative position because of color. at the same time the poc around me complain about not getting their share of the freebies from the job.

as a poc, i tell them to stop complaining about not getting a free cheeseburger. complain about the fact that you just witnessed a blatant act against every poc that has worked hard to achieve their position regardless of color.

as a person, i don't want revenge against the people who signed off on this person's advancement. i want the oppurtunity to do my own thing. it is not up to the "white man" to make me whole.

(please forgive the rambling...i'm still sleepy)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Ignorant virtue signaling pieces of :poop:.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't go lumping us in with that church.
    You don’t observe lent, so no. But, I didn’t post that to disparage religion generally, but because it is absurd. But I guess it also serves as a warning to Catholic conservatives that wokeness is a growing problem in their church.

It’s a growing problem in all churches and indeed every aspect of American urban and suburban societies. Don’t think it isn’t creeping into various Baptist denominations.

The language is the tell.

“Diversity” is the woke way of saying not white. “Inclusion” is the woke way of saying, include diverse while excluding non-diverse. Equity is the woke way of expressing, similar to the Marxist critique Animal Farm, the woke way of saying “diverse” people are more equal than non-diverse people.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You don’t observe lent, so no. But, I didn’t post that to disparage religion generally, but because it is absurd. But I guess it also serves as a warning to Catholic conservatives that wokeness is a growing problem in their church.

It’s a growing problem in all churches and indeed every aspect of American urban and suburban societies. Don’t think it isn’t creeping into various Baptist denominations.

The language is the tell.

“Diversity” is the woke way of saying not white. “Inclusion” is the woke way of saying, include diverse while excluding non-diverse. Equity is the woke way of expressing, similar to the Marxist critique Animal Farm, the woke way of saying “diverse” people are more equal than non-diverse people.

Exactly. Those are all scam words. Equity is the big one that is a tell, as it's complete garbage. There is no way to have equal beginnings, so equal outcomes is not to be desired. People are born with advantages and disadvantages. That's just life. Not just social and economics, but physically and mentally. I want to be able to work my butt off, make the right choices and benefit from that. Why should someone who sits on their couch and watches TV or plays video games get ahead in life, or have the same as someone who busts their butts getting an education and a career? Absolute garbage of an idea. Everyone should have equal opportunities, but what you do with those opportunities is up to you.

Top Bottom