• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I guess the native American people utilizing that word 200 years ago were racists.

46SsJtgh.png
    I think that your link indicates that word comes from the "other" Indian people.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think that your link indicates that word comes from the "other" Indian people.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    It appears you are correct, I'm looking for a different link I found earlier that attributed it to native Americans.

Or maybe not, it is entirely possible I'm losing my mind. :):

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Loot and thug are both authentic words in Hindi & Marathi... couldn't say about any other Indian languages. Turns out that when people do trade for 1000+ years, they also exchange some words and even numeral systems. (We use Phoenician numerals which were adapted from the Indians. IIRC the Arabs borrowed it in the middle there, too.) Saashi Tharoor gave a pretty intense speech about reparations from the English for stealing all their valuables and their word loot to go with it.

But yeah, a lot of these things get so-called progressives to try to semantics their way out of responsibility for criminals/racists/***holes.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    There's certainly no denying the lunacy that surrounds us.
    People like to say liberalism is a mental illness, but we have seen four+ years of the most extreme irrational and unhinged behavior by a substantial part of our citizenry. Not just political extremism, but genuinely dysfunctional behavior.

I don't see how the nation can continue at this rate, and I don't see any signs of reconciliation on the horizon. Whoever the puppet masters are, and whatever their agenda, they have done a thorough job on the US (and the West in general).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    People like to say liberalism is a mental illness, but we have seen four+ years of the most extreme irrational and unhinged behavior by a substantial part of our citizenry. Not just political extremism, but genuinely dysfunctional behavior.

I don't see how the nation can continue at this rate, and I don't see any signs of reconciliation on the horizon. Whoever the puppet masters are, and whatever their agenda, they have done a thorough job on the US (and the West in general).
    Food for thought....

How much of the extreme liberalism have you personally witnessed with your own eyes? Not what you see on TV or the internet but actual eyes on? I'm not criticizing you just sharing a hypothesis that the vast majority of this country does not support the extreme leftist ideology. Just like all of the lies and BS the media and social media put out there during Trump's term, I believe they are intentionally attempting to give the impression that conservatives are in the minority but I just don't buy it.

If you took a poll of every adult in this country and gathered their stance on each currently controversial issue I'd bet 75%+ would average on the conservative side. It's a farce, just like this "pandemic" and the "election". They are trying to prey upon the common human desire to fit in and if they can convince enough people that they are the majority, they will be before long.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Food for thought....

How much of the extreme liberalism have you personally witnessed with your own eyes? Not what you see on TV or the internet but actual eyes on? I'm not criticizing you just sharing a hypothesis that the vast majority of this country does not support the extreme leftist ideology. Just like all of the lies and BS the media and social media put out there during Trump's term, I believe they are intentionally attempting to give the impression that conservatives are in the minority but I just don't buy it.

If you took a poll of every adult in this country and gathered their stance on each currently controversial issue I'd bet 75%+ would average on the conservative side. It's a farce, just like this "pandemic" and the "election". They are trying to prey upon the common human desire to fit in and if they can convince enough people that they are the majority, they will be before long.
    If we could each have personal dialogues with a significant number of other individual Americans perhaps this dichotomy would prove illusory, but politics and culture are more than the sum of rational individual decisions. Rather the left has shown itself adept at mobilizing social groups through politics, the media, and education and at least creating the impression of a critical mass of support for their policies. Similar to the Bolsheviks in Soviet Russia. And one doesn't hear figures from the left suggesting that a dialogue is possible, or desirable, and perhaps all conservatives aren't white supremacist insurrectionists after all.
    And the Bolsheviks, while actually a distinct minority in the Party, nevertheless managed to seize control of the government for the next 70 years or so, and also managed to infect many in the West from the ash-heap history had seemingly consigned them to.
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for some dialogues based on mutual respect and love of country, but I'm not holding my breath.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Food for thought....

I think you are absolutely spot on.

Propaganda always works. Repeat it often enough, and eventually people accept it as true.

I know a bunch of generally conservative people that voted for Biden. They now acknowledge that Trump was a better President, but come up with excuses for why they had to vote the way they did.

In my lifetime, homosexuality went from a deviant behavior to being accepted to the point that you can no longer even express what was the dominant view when I was young. I'm not saying anything about whether that is good or bad, I am pointing out how effective the media is at changing the attitudes of people. Even here, on a generally conservative website, I dare not say anything bad about it.

It doesn't matter what the controversial issue is, we always lose in the long run. Eventually, we accept their viewpoint as our own. That may even be a good thing on some particular issues, the conservative viewpoint is not always correct. However, neither is the liberal viewpoint, and as a society we lose in the long run if only one side controls the narrative.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Kutnup14 again defending the communist, Marxist burn loot murder organization. Remember they got caught admitting they were Marxists on their website and then took that off? They help no one, they only riot. They are a violent political organization for the left and they extort money from corporations. That's it there is no defending it. None. Stop lying kutnup.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kutnup14 again defending the communist, Marxist burn loot murder organization. Remember they got caught admitting they were Marxists on their website and then took that off? They help no one, they only riot. They are a violent political organization for the left and they extort money from corporations. That's it there is no defending it. None. Stop lying kutnup.
    Um, you know that Kut was banned several months ago, right?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Um, you know that Kut was banned several months ago, right?
    :coffee: :popcorn:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Kut aside, the BLM seems like Rainbow Coalition/Operation Push 2.0. But unkinder and ungentler.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I am a person of color and I have NEVER been oppressed by our country or systems because of my skin color. I have encountered some racists individuals, but I have never been denied goods, services, loans, employment, education, protection or justice because of race.

I was denied service at a restaurant once because of my skin color. However, there were no white people there and the individual managing the restaurant obviously hated whatever he thought I was.

Racism is a sin to all people, not just a “white sin”. Anyone of any race has the capacity to be racist against any other race. Making racism a “white conservative” problem is a Marxist idea and strategy aimed at changing the balance of power in this country.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    My daughter has to take a Sociology class at IUPUI for her core requirement. The professor is opening including CRT on the course syllabus along with a series of topics on how Marxism is misunderstood in American culture and how it aligns with CRT.

What's the best way for a parent to raise concern on this?

In one aspect, I don't want to draw attention to this *now* for fear of reprisal toward my daughter but I'm also extremely frustrated that we would even be wasting the time\money to include this in the curriculum. I'm not worried about my daughter being manipulated, she's a strong conservative at a young age.

Mike

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My daughter has to take a Sociology class at IUPUI for her core requirement. The professor is opening including CRT on the course syllabus along with a series of topics on how Marxism is misunderstood in American culture and how it aligns with CRT.

What's the best way for a parent to raise concern on this?

In one aspect, I don't want to draw attention to this *now* for fear of reprisal toward my daughter but I'm also extremely frustrated that we would even be wasting the time\money to include this in the curriculum. I'm not worried about my daughter being manipulated, she's a strong conservative at a young age.

Mike
    At that level, parents aren't going to have any influence on the course content I'm afraid. Not like they have that much at lower levels either these days. :(

Top Bottom