• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    you can however just wear a belt around your waist, over your jammies, for open carrying. surely we can all agree that pants suck.
    Listen as we speak I am frying breakfast meats in a pan I prefer doing it with pants on. So that just goes to show you can argue about anything. And on a side note I almost had an uninvited guest + 4 they were testing the integrity of my door this morning. This would be the opposite argument I would prefer no pants easier to clean up the mess. Or the brown ones.

Attachments

• 7971530B-DB20-454A-94C5-5C78CA48D6F0.jpeg
      7971530B-DB20-454A-94C5-5C78CA48D6F0.jpeg
      562.3 KB · Views: 17

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Here are the typical open carriers, as always demanding everyone's attention. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!

ChipotleGuns.jpg
    Tyrus STOP.gif

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As I've mentioned in other threads JFC. Even better, carry any way you want and stop criticizing other for doing the same. There are pros and cons for both types of carry and people have to decide for themselves which is better for them. I carry both ways, depending on numerous factors. You do you, but for the love of God I wish people would stop being smug and saying that only one way is the right way... :facepalm:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I get notices on my Citizen app all the time that just say "Report of man armed with a gun." Nothing else - not that he was attacking anyone or waving the gun around, etc.. Just that he was armed. Then I got to thinking, I wonder if anyone has reported me for being "armed with a gun". :):
    ^^This!!^^ Question from the dispatcher should be, "Is it holstered?"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Exactly cause the scumbag criminals that you need to worry about typically (always?) don't use holsters.
    Imagine how bad the crime would be if the bad guys used holsters! Sweatpants/Mexican with a stendo mag? I'll take. "ND waiting to happen" for $1,000, Alex.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    In the past 5 years OC'ing I've only had two "negative "interactions".

A middle aged liberal woman who asked me a bunch of questions like "why do think you need a gun?", "you think that gun will save you?". The other, a drunk dude yelling at us saying "guns don't belong in bars", "I could take that from gun from you and shoot you with it".

Other than that most of my interactions with the public are, "watch'a carrying?", "nice pistol!" or "I have one of those too, I love them".

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Sloppy under a tshirt is as bad as sloppy for the world to see. Thank goodness you can’t hook a nylon holster to pajama pants
    Maybe a double pistol shoulder holster, nylon of course with your jammies or sleep pants?
    Also a wife beater undershirt with nasty stains from dripping lunch, about 2 sizes too small.
    WallyMart shopper style. Cowboy boots or crocs with ankle socks for best dressed award!

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    LOL. OK, I do realize that being bearded guy, 6'1", 270, and having a 90# German Shepherd follow you around everywhere does tend to keep some people at a distance... AND maybe I still have a bit of that leftover Drill Sgt / combat vet "IDGAF" aura around me... but I smile at people, and say "howdy".

Besides, I'd kinda like it to be how they said in the video... Just people getting used to the idea that some dude walking around with a handgun on his hip doesn't automatically mean he's a violent criminal boogyman out to steal your kids.
    I open carry 90 percent of the time, have a beard, 6’ 2”, 225 pounds and usually have a German Shepherd attached to me or close by. Do I need to gain 45 pounds?

I’ve had multiple instances buying gas in Albuquerque when a homeless person approached me and I just turned strong side visible at the same time the pupper popped her head out the back window 2 feet away. Always seem to find someplace else they need to be? Not sure what got their attention, didn’t take a survey. I’m the friendliest guy in the world when I open carry, I don’t get it?

Albuquerque is a pretty friendly dog town. I’ve seen them at Home Depot, Lowe’s, restaurants and grocery stores. A guy brings a little lap dog to church every Sunday. I do the first two.
    IMG_0029.jpeg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    In the past 5 years OC'ing I've only had two "negative "interactions".

A middle aged liberal woman who asked me a bunch of questions like "why do think you need a gun?", "you think that gun will save you?". The other, a drunk dude yelling at us saying "guns don't belong in bars", "I could take that from gun from you and shoot you with it".

Other than that most of my interactions with the public are, "watch'a carrying?", "nice pistol!" or "I have one of those too, I love them".

I open carried only for a few years and that's exactly the type of reactions I always had. Plenty of instances of "thank you for carrying" and no negative interactions at all. I only started doing CC most of the time due to the way I dress. Baggy Tshirts or untucked polos are my lifestyle choice... :):

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I open carry 90 percent of the time, have a beard, 6’ 2”, 225 pounds and usually have a German Shepherd attached to me or close by. Do I need to gain 45 pounds?

I’ve had multiple instances buying gas in Albuquerque when a homeless person approached me and I just turned strong side visible at the same time the pupper popped her head out the back window 2 feet away. Always seem to find someplace else they need to be? Not sure what got their attention, didn’t take a survey. I’m the friendliest guy in the world when I open carry, I don’t get it?

Albuquerque is a pretty friendly dog town. I’ve seen them at Home Depot, Lowe’s, restaurants and grocery stores. A guy brings a little lap dog to church every Sunday. I do the first two.
    View attachment 274102
    My girl is actually my TBI service dog, so she is with me 24/7. Has to be... that's been her job for the last 9 years.
    Oh, and if you want the extra weight, you can have some of mine...

Her on the walking trail.

Brandy at park.jpg

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I've open-carried in the past and nobody has said anything.

Curiously, this includes at Salamonie, 25+ years ago, before I realized it was federal land. I wouldn't do it today, but none of the deputies or COs I ran in to out there every said anything.

The one problem I had was down in Vincennes. It's where I went to college the first time around, and ended up getting a local girl as a girlfriend.

Said girlfriend was a certifiable idiot.

She decided she wanted to see my pistol once and went to take it from my holster from behind. I didn't realize it was her, she leaned on the gun with both hands as I'd been trained.

I was 6'2" and 210lbs. She was 5' and bordered on frail. Damn near broke her fingers.

Of course it was all my fault :rolleyes:

I learned that stupid people abound, and I need to do what I can to keep them safe around my weaponry. One of the steps I take is to cover the gun up.

Top Bottom