• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Im late to the thread, skimmed around but couldn't find prices. What is the buy in and monthly costs?

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I remember the old days of adding modem strings, to help my Hot-Rod US Robotics external 56k to try and squeeze out a tiny bit more speed.
    USRoboticsCouriervEverything.jpg

I have 1 cable provider at my location.
    "Monopoly" isn't the word for it. IF I were a "new customer" I'd get some good price breaks.
    But paying the bill for over 20 years, forget about it. :wallbash:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Just checking in to see how the :ingo: early adopters of Starlink are doing on their service and speeds?

Received the 'you can order the RV version of Starlink' email yesterday and decided 'what the hay' and ordered it. I can always return it within their 30 day window. The service map now shows Indiana full until 2023.

So- how are you Starlink guys doing?

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    After starlink having my deposit for over a year I received an email that they were raising the purchase and monthly price. I cancelled my order.

Changing terms really irritated me. This was in conflict with their earlier language that indicated that they were going to try to lower prices as time went on.

I may order the rv version I may not. Depends on cellular Hotspot availability when traveling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    After starlink having my deposit for over a year I received an email that they were raising the purchase and monthly price. I cancelled my order.

Changing terms really irritated me. This was in conflict with their earlier language that indicated that they were going to try to lower prices as time went on.

I may order the rv version I may not. Depends on cellular Hotspot availability when traveling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I hear ya. I'm on a crappy 2-3M (on a good day) dsl or Verizon LTE router for work. Local REMC is installing fiber but we don't have a firm date for that yet either.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just checking in to see how the :ingo: early adopters of Starlink are doing on their service and speeds?

Received the 'you can order the RV version of Starlink' email yesterday and decided 'what the hay' and ordered it. I can always return it within their 30 day window. The service map now shows Indiana full until 2023.

So- how are you Starlink guys doing?
    I ordered it a couple months before my youngest son, he got his last week and loves it. Easy set up, super fast.
    Them changing terms is horrible and everyone should cancel!!! Boycott them, I say! (more internet for me!)

I got the rv email too. Sounded like it wouldn’t be priority speed in this area.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Northeast Indiana here. I got put on the wait list on 11/19/21 and received my unit on 4/18. Timing was near perfect as my LTE internet went offline on 4/21. Speed have been reliably 75-100, and have even seen as high as 230. Upload pretty consistent at 10-15. No issues working from home with video calls.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got 1.5mb up and 25mb dl here in the country through CenturyLink. REMC just put in fiber optic lines and I'll soon have 100mb up and 100mb dl for $10 less than the phone company was charging me. I'm signed up and supposedly to be installed in the next few weeks.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I've got 1.5mb up and 25mb dl here in the country through CenturyLink. REMC just put in fiber optic lines and I'll soon have 100mb up and 100mb dl for $10 less than the phone company was charging me. I'm signed up and supposedly to be installed in the next few weeks.
    Our local REMC is rolling out fiber as well. Should be on-line in 6 months hopefully.

This mornings speeds, temporary install last evening... Screwed onto a pallet on the roof to clear the trees.

1654080941108.png 2022-06-01 07_02_06-20220531_213251.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom