• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was very optimistic, looking forward to booting comcast to the curb forever. Received the invite email & $99 payment was processed February 18th of this year, haven't heard anything since.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I was very optimistic, looking forward to booting comcast to the curb forever. Received the invite email & $99 payment was processed February 18th of this year, haven't heard anything since.
    Same here but I do read about movement in shipping Starlink units recently...

Waiting patiently to give our local-crappy-DSL the BOOT! We've only had this awful DSL for over 15 years with ZERO-NONE-NADA-NOTHING in regards to improving our service. Talk about a f'ing dinosaur. I'm looking forward to that call. "Why, sir, are you cancelling your service"... Well,,, your 'service' absolutely SUCKS!.

Ranting over... :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Anyone in the Michiana area have Starlink yet? I have been on the list to get it since early May. I am looking forward to telling comcast to pack it. My account logged in availability shows middle of summer to end of year. I am hoping that I am close to getting it.
    Checking availability not logged in shows pushed back nearly a year.

I have a buddy in Utah that has had it since spring. He just moved to Idaho and was able to move it to there. He loves it.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    My family and I are in Morgan County boonies. We've had AT&T DSL service for years and it's worse now than when we first signed up. AT&T is not interested in maintaining DSL service and it shows. Endevour ran fiber in our area a few years ago but couldn't figure out how to get to our house. Satellite seems like a good (only) option for us.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My family and I are in Morgan County boonies. We've had AT&T DSL service for years and it's worse now than when we first signed up. AT&T is not interested in maintaining DSL service and it shows. Endevour ran fiber in our area a few years ago but couldn't figure out how to get to our house. Satellite seems like a good (only) option for us.
    Before I went with Starlink, I checked out all of the options. I have DSL because I have telephone lines. It was horrible. Comcast runs cable about 400 yards from me on the main road, we live on a private road with several others. However, in numerous communications with Comcast, they have refused to run down our road because there are not enough houses. We even offered, as a neighborhood, to pay them- no go. Checked of 5g, not available in our area. So, Starlink.

I am hearing a lot of complaints about signing up and not getting it yet. When I signed up, a week later I got a notice I was eligible, so I paid full freight. I never paid the $99 waiting list fee- it was full payment right away. Then I got it 5 weeks later. I saw an article a a gen II dish (rectangular) and router are about to be released.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Before I went with Starlink, I checked out all of the options. I have DSL because I have telephone lines. It was horrible. Comcast runs cable about 400 yards from me on the main road, we live on a private road with several others. However, in numerous communications with Comcast, they have refused to run down our road because there are not enough houses. We even offered, as a neighborhood, to pay them- no go. Checked of 5g, not available in our area. So, Starlink.

I am hearing a lot of complaints about signing up and not getting it yet. When I signed up, a week later I got a notice I was eligible, so I paid full freight. I never paid the $99 waiting list fee- it was full payment right away. Then I got it 5 weeks later. I saw an article a a gen II dish (rectangular) and router are about to be released.

I checked our address on the Starlink site and it may be coming early 2022. Fingers crossed. We pay for 7M/s download service from AT&T but the best I've ever seen is around 350K/s. The house is almost paid for - I hate to move to get better internet :-P

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hough, I haven't seen any info out there on e-mail accounts through StarLink. Are you using them, or an outside provider?
    I use Google for my personal e-mail and can access my work e-mail through Outlook. My wife still uses her Frontier account even though we dropped Frontier internet. I have never seen anything that indicates that Starlink hosts e-mail.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So I got an email from Elon, or maybe one of his minions. Starlink expanding to 45 new countries ( yay) in 2022, new Starlink version designed for high volume production wiil be produced next year (yay), 31st launch more satellites in orbit (yay), happy happy joy joy.

But…

“Silicon shortages over the last 6 months have slowed our expected production rate and impacted our ability to fulfill many Starlink orders this year. We apologize for the delay and are working hard across our engineering, supply chain, and production teams to improve and streamline our product and factory to increase our production rate.

You can check estimated delivery times by logging into your account page on Starlink.com.”

My account shows possible delivery February 2022. Original estimate was fall 2021.

Grumble.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Yeah, I got the same Email, mine got bumped back too. Grrr. What are ya gonna to. I wanna give Comcast the big shove so bad. I will ride it out.
    Same here. I'm looking forward to telling our local dinosaur TDS Telecom to F-O so bad I can taste it. Will ride it out too.

Starlink/Elon, instead of braggin about getting it running it all these other countries, why don't you ramp up shipping to Americans who pay your bills.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It's worth the wait if you've been dealing with Viasat, HughesNet, Bridgemaxx, etc..
    So you got it huh? Do they get you going according to when you signed up or when it’s in the area? I thought it was in the area but could be combo.
    Signed up last spring and got an email yesterday talking about chip and equipment shortages.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Same here. I'm looking forward to telling our local dinosaur TDS Telecom to F-O so bad I can taste it. Will ride it out too.

Starlink/Elon, instead of braggin about getting it running it all these other countries, why don't you ramp up shipping to Americans who pay your bills.
    Do you know what the fastest speed TDS offers, and if it comes close in actual use?

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    So I got an email from Elon, or maybe one of his minions. Starlink expanding to 45 new countries ( yay) in 2022, new Starlink version designed for high volume production wiil be produced next year (yay), 31st launch more satellites in orbit (yay), happy happy joy joy.

But…

“Silicon shortages over the last 6 months have slowed our expected production rate and impacted our ability to fulfill many Starlink orders this year. We apologize for the delay and are working hard across our engineering, supply chain, and production teams to improve and streamline our product and factory to increase our production rate.

You can check estimated delivery times by logging into your account page on Starlink.com.”

My account shows possible delivery February 2022. Original estimate was fall 2021.

Grumble.
    I got the same email this week. It was supposed to be available by the end of the year where i'm at. It got moved to mid 2022. Word on the street is, that we'll have fiber internet by then from our rural electric cooperative. DSL from frontier has been our only option, To say it is horrible, is an understatement.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So you got it huh? Do they get you going according to when you signed up or when it’s in the area? I thought it was in the area but could be combo.
    Signed up last spring and got an email yesterday talking about chip and equipment shortages.
    I gave them my email address and asked to be notified when it was available in my area. I can't recall if they emailed me to let me know or if I checked on my own when I found that it was. I ordered the equipment and once it showed up I was up and running within 20 minutes.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    "Feels Like A Ruse" - Starlink Customers Angered By Massive Delay, Some Want Money Back

Top Bottom