• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Apologies for the error in numbers, picked a bad or misworded source.

How isn't it offered east of the Mississippi? I didn't have to cheat, just signed up to be notified when it was available and bought the equipment when they told me I could.
    You must have been one of the lucky few to get in. If you try to sign up now, you'll likely be told it's not available in your area and please wait.... unless you do the RV system, which can be depriortized.

Again, it worked great for me as a stop gap until we got fiber out in the sticks. I'm glad they made RV service transferable so I could recoup most of my money.
    ffc2e32834d6b2b40de81bd0f8a80871.jpg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Seems to me it is like TV providers and house insurance where you have to change once in a while to get the best service and prices.
    Not Starlink. They are raising the price of the RV service from $135 to $150 a month to try and slow demand... they can't keep up.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I'm obviously hoping for better but that's about what I've been experiencing here for months so if Verizon delivers the same I'll at least be saving $65/mo.
    Good point about saving money. Starlink was a bit of a let down to be sure. I canceled my reservation after a year and soon after they announced the price hikes. If T-Mobile gets the service fixed in a timely manner I’ll be happy again.

Hopefully the Verizon hotspot works out well for you.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    FWIW... Received an email last evening stating 'Your Starlink order is ready!'. This was from the original 'get-in-line' process way back... Don't really need it now that fiber is almost here.

:horse:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I have a little misgiving about there not being any place in the world a cell phone won’t work from a philosophical standpoint, but this is pretty interesting

Top Bottom