Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I love when lefties don't get their way. :rockwoot:

View attachment 197049
    It's almost as if these people don't actually believe that Twitter is a "private company" that can do "whatever it wants". All their caterwauling does is prove that they actually believe that Twitter is the modern-day equivalent of the public square, and plays a vital, societal role in free speech and free expression.

Well-played.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good luck finding my information, many have tried, so far no one has been successful.

You can do it, you just have to know how you find people to clear your data online.
    To do that, you have to start out that way. I registered my own domain name - my own name - in my own name, about 20 years ago. The ship sailed for me a long time ago, so there's little reason to try to fight it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Better solution: track all of the platform changes so that anyone caught trying to sabotage the platform gets canned.

Elon could even bring in Trump as a consultant to do it.

donald-trump-youre-fired.gif

Put that on Pay-per-view and he'd recoup a big chunk of his investment right away.
    You think MiniTru actually has an audit trail?!?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Maybe this will unite the congress to change 230 protections…
    Heck, Musk might even lobby for exactly that, as the owner of Twitter. He could move Twitter off of its current position, squarely straddling the fence of platform-vs-publisher, enact platform-only policies, and then create a competitive advantage over all of the other social media platforms.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Every stupid thing the left does or says should be mocked and ridiculed out of existence.
    Agree, but I'm a kinder, more inclusive, person. Labels change, and I don't want anyone to feel left out. Left, right, or jerking in a circle - ALL stupidity should be mocked and ridiculed out of existence equally!

STAND YOUR GROUND

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agree, but I'm a kinder, more inclusive, person. Labels change, and I don't want anyone to feel left out. Left, right, or jerking in a circle - ALL stupidity should be mocked and ridiculed out of existence equally!

STAND YOUR GROUND
    All political bat **** craziness should be mocked and ridiculed. But this thread is kinda pointed more at bat **** crazy lefties who think twitter being owned by a billionaire is somehow more destructive to democracy than if Musk left them to their utopian platform.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All political bat **** craziness should be mocked and ridiculed. But this thread is kinda pointed more at bat **** crazy lefties who think twitter being owned by a billionaire is somehow more destructive to democracy than if Musk left them to their utopian platform.
    It was already owned by billionaires. that's one of the "funny" parts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Mostly institutional investors like Vangard and Blackrock. As if elon musk is any more democracy ending than those guys.
    Isn't Vanguard more like a trustee than a stock owner? They manage funds for investors. It is the investors who own the stocks. Unless I'm missing something?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't Vanguard more like a trustee than a stock owner? They manage funds for investors. It is the investors who own the stocks. Unless I'm missing something?
    The question was, whether Twitter was already owned by billionaires, and my point was that Twitter isn't really already owned by billionaires. It's mostly fund managers. I own some shares in Vangard funds. So sure, I technically own portions of the stocks that make up their funds, and I'm sure the tech fund has some Twitter shares. I suppose it would have strengthened the point if I'd have used a few more words to explain the difference. I mean I'm doing it here anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of Vangard...

They increased their shares of Twitter to 10.3% after Musk became the largest share owner. Why? Was it making a directional bet? They said they're just siding with management. They're claiming it's not an activist move, but even so, to me the tea leaves read more like it's political. Maybe they were hedging Twitter because they thought Musk was going to ruin the platform if he was left with too big a say. I kinda suspect they were betting on woke.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Mostly institutional investors like Vangard and Blackrock. As if elon musk is any more democracy ending than those guys.
    Blackrock and Vanguard (which both own shares of each other) together control more than what they own and or manage are far beyond benign fund managers.

This is on Blackrock but Vanguard is the brother.

It’s the Reason Americans Can’t Buy Homes​

“BlackRock & Wall Street: US Housing Market TAKEOVER (Fact or Fiction?)”

“Home prices have been rapidly increasing in the U.S. over the past few years, and we have blamed everything for shooting up prices. Everything except asset managers like BlackRock that is.
    In 2021, BlackRock was exposed for buying multiple homes and, in many cases, entire neighborhoods, then converting them into rentals. And it wasn’t going after multifamily apartments that are built for rentals. Instead, it focused on single-family homes that are the property of choice for American homebuyers.“
    “The result is that houses have gotten too expensive, causing families to rent the homes they would have bought.“
    “But the bigger problem is that the sudden increase in home prices encourages investors to borrow money to build family homes, which they would be unable to sell because, again, they’re too expensive. The result is always a housing bubble and, consequently, a recession.[9]

If you have not seen monopoly, follow the money, you should.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “The result is that houses have gotten too expensive, causing families to rent the homes they would have bought.“
    I'm not sure I agree with this part. I mean, yes, with a conventional loan you would need a large downpayment to purchase, which is a sticking point for some people, but when it comes to the monthly payment, in many cases, the rental payment would by higher than the mortgage payment for the same property. With a 30 yr. FHA loan, the downpayment requirement is substantially less.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not sure I agree with this part. I mean, yes, with a conventional loan you would need a large downpayment to purchase, which is a sticking point for some people, but when it comes to the monthly payment, in many cases, the rental payment would by higher than the mortgage payment for the same property. With a 30 yr. FHA loan, the downpayment requirement is substantially less.
    I quoted that. The FHA payment is high because of the lack of down payment and rates are way up and still rising. That near 20% of closings are going to corporate entities is for sure pushing up prices for the people. Rental rates will be closer to payments as rates rise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I quoted that. The FHA payment is high because of the lack of down payment and rates are way up and still rising. That near 20% of closings are going to corporate entities is for sure pushing up prices for the people. Rental rates will be closer to payments as rates rise.
    I'm glad I refinanced when I did, going from a 30 year fixed (FHA at just over 3%) to a 15 year fixed (FHA at just under 3%).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The question was, whether Twitter was already owned by billionaires, and my point was that Twitter isn't really already owned by billionaires. It's mostly fund managers. I own some shares in Vangard funds. So sure, I technically own portions of the stocks that make up their funds, and I'm sure the tech fund has some Twitter shares. I suppose it would have strengthened the point if I'd have used a few more words to explain the difference. I mean I'm doing it here anyway.
    Agreed on the first point. The outrage over a billionaire owning Twitter is... selective, shall we say.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed on the first point. The outrage over a billionaire owning Twitter is... selective, shall we say.
    Yep. I can’t name a conservative I know who is outraged that Elon Musk bought twitter. All my progressive coworkers are quite upset by it. They’d be just fine with it if George Soros bought it. Or maybe even Bill gates.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. I can’t name a conservative I know who is outraged that Elon Musk bought twitter. All my progressive coworkers are quite upset by it. They’d be just fine with it if George Soros bought it. Or maybe even Bill gates.
    They'd probably be over the moon if Zuckerberg had bought it.

Top Bottom