Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...A lot of people would jump at the chance to work for the man.
    I'm sure.

I know several people who worked for or owned companies, mostly machine shops, that jumped at the chance to do work for him and SpaceX in the early days.

None of them do it anymore.

It was exciting, lucrative work at first. But to call it demanding would be an understatement.

Guys like him go through people and subcontractors a ridiculous pace. Lucky for him there's a steady stream of eager beavers who think it will work out better for them than the last guy.

This is not a dig on him, it's just the nature of working for somebody who is brilliant and incredibly driven.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    JollyFemaleAcornbarnacle-size_restricted.gif

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    People are disgusting. If it wasn't for Elon, we'd be relying on Russians to get our astronauts to and from the ISS right now.

okiF99X.jpg
    That looks like a whole lot of direct threats with no mitigating statements that would allow them to be claimed as quasie humor or hyperbole.

If I were Twitter's New Management I would be referring each of those accounts and their owners to law enforcement.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You playing catch up today?
    Well, yesterday, but yeah, just catching up. I assume there's not a problem with that.

The election is off topic.
    I didn't introduce it, and I now regret responding to the bait.
    I didn't introduce it either. I just replied to your post about it. If it's off topic and you didn't introduce it but you did comment on it too, why say anything to me about it?

Just move the headquarters to a red state…

All his other stuff is in Texas. No reason for twitter to stay based in California where the crazy people live.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Funny, it was only a few months ago, when they said there was no need for reform.

Peter Doocy should ask Psaki, "Months ago when Republicans were calling for section 230 reform, Democrats said no reforms are necessary. What has changed since then?"

Of course she won't say, "Well, Peter, as you know, when Democrats said that, people were in control of twitter who help establishment Democrats. And now Twitter will be owned by a billionaire who wants to allow free speech. We can't win elections when everyone is able to rebut Democrat talking points freely."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remote work has heavy appeal to tech workers and a lot of those positions would likely be easily accomplished remotely. No sense moving the HQ unless it was necessary. Plus you broaden your reach to any worker in the US, or possibly the world.
    Remote work is the future for many tech jobs as it should be. But, the reason for Musk to move twitter's headquarters is to get it out of that ****-hole.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm sure.

I know several people who worked for or owned companies, mostly machine shops, that jumped at the chance to do work for him and SpaceX in the early days.

None of them do it anymore.

It was exciting, lucrative work at first. But to call it demanding would be an understatement.

Guys like him go through people and subcontractors a ridiculous pace. Lucky for him there's a steady stream of eager beavers who think it will work out better for them than the last guy.

This is not a dig on him, it's just the nature of working for somebody who is brilliant and incredibly driven.
    Saw this again and it prompted a question, isn’t this true of all the powerful individuals and organizations? No different than being a vendor to WalMart, Costco, or Amazon. A buddy tells of the difficulties working with GE. Seems very normal…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom