Breaking: 6 injured in movie theatre shooting in Lafayette, LA. Shooter dead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I were a producer on a news program...you know how they always have those stock photos to show in the background as the reporter/anchor reads the report...every time there'd be a story about a shooting where guns were prohibited, this would be my stock photo:

image.jpg1_zpssgqtccph.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If I were a producer on a news program...you know how they always have those stock photos to show in the background as the reporter/anchor reads the report...every time there'd be a story about a shooting where guns were prohibited, this would be my stock photo:

If wishes were horses we'd all go for rides... you've got my vote, though.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    And all this just hrs after his latest anti-gun speech. Obama is probably overjoyed with the timing of this incident. Going to be a lot of gun control speeches and media attention this weekend so get ready for increased enthusiasm from the antis.

Yeah....they are already S_ _ _ing themselves with joy over these last three in a row!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know the ones around me (Muncie, Richmond, etc) are all AMC and have their no guns signs proudly posted. It's very rare we go to the movies at all. It's gotten less common over the years and now we'll probably not go again at all. We won't be missing much. Our movie for this year was Jurassic World, the previous one was Guardians of the Galaxy. I carried during both of those. Normally I don't go into places that are posted, but for movies we have no choice around here. When the wife says she wants to see something in the theater for her birthday then we go, but we both go armed.

I'm wondering if any of the news stations will bother to check about the signs carrying the weight of law there and the posted gun free zone signs?

Yeah, I'm not going to let a sign stop me from protecting myself. Especially here in Indiana where signs do NOT carry weight of law. I'll take a trespass charge over a death sentence (at the hands of a killer) any day.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I really don't think it does any good to have network news wall-to-wall coverage of shootings like this.
    +1

These things seem to go in cycles... postal office shootings, school shootings, now theater shootings. Depressed people seem to be very open to suggestion, perhaps it would help if the media would give them better examples to follow.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    CNN was all over the need for more gun control this morning.

There was a guy on CNN this morning asking what States could do to trump those signs and let the armed citizen protect themselves. It was interesting. I know business owners have a right to this, but I also have a right to defend myself by any means. Age old debate I guess. -Jason

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    There was a guy on CNN this morning asking what States could do to trump those signs and let the armed citizen protect themselves. It was interesting. I know business owners have a right to this, but I also have a right to defend myself by any means. Age old debate I guess. -Jason

My impression is that often times the GFZ stickers are put in as part of Corporate Policy to avoid lawsuits rather than Corporate Philosophy of being anti-gun. Perhaps the solution is to protect businesses from lawsuits that might result from what their customers may do.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My impression is that often times the GFZ stickers are put in as part of Corporate Policy to avoid lawsuits rather than Corporate Philosophy of being anti-gun. Perhaps the solution is to protect businesses from lawsuits that might result from what their customers may do.

I believe the solution is the opposite. Make them financially responsible when they disarm their customers, but do not provide proper security.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gird your loins.

Lee Stranahan said:
    Killer identified as John Russell Houser : had page at Tea Party Nation, said he hated liberals, supported Westboro Baptist on Twitter

Tea Party Nation: Unconfirmed. There is one entry for a John Russel Houser in Phenix City, AL
    Twitter account: Unconfirmed. There is one account with two posts from years ago.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gird your loins.

Killer identified as John Russell Houser : had page at Tea Party Nation, said he hated liberals, supported Westboro Baptist on Twitter

How long have they longed for this? Finally, the wet dream is, um, realized. All the shootings over the years, finally it's the demographic they want. I'm sure they're quite prepared for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I'm not going to let a sign stop me from protecting myself. Especially here in Indiana where signs do NOT carry weight of law. I'll take a trespass charge over a death sentence (at the hands of a killer) any day.

G-daughter finds much happiness when I take her to the theater. She picks a movie, I pick the proper side arm and then go spend $45 on the day with her. You can see everyone come in at the AMC's here. I scan them all. Hope I never miss it if the nutjob picks the one we are in.

Does it not just suck that we can no longer freely travel by air, enjoy a movie or shop without your head on a swivel.....:dunno:
    It is not the gun that is the risk, it is the mindless morons that wield them.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Huh, I thought the motto was "...shall not be infringed." Is it an arrestable offense to carry a gun in a theater in La.?

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law? YES!

From the Louisiana DPS Concealed Handgun Unit
    Web Page.
    The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person
    handgunlaw.us

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom