Breaking: 6 injured in movie theatre shooting in Lafayette, LA. Shooter dead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So much for an armed citizen stopping him. Well, I guess the armed citizen was both the perpetrator and the savior.

Frank, with respect, it's unlawful to carry there, for those of us who follow the law. I'm not following what you mean about (another) armed citizen stopping him, when none of the good guys would be violating laws and carrying there, :dunno:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It is sad that we think of crap like this right away after a tragic thing like this happens. I'm not bashing you for thinking it, because I was thinking the same thing.

Criminals don't care about what laws they break when breaking the law. My guess is this guy new it was unlawful to carry that weapon into the theater but didn't care. The Dad that had his EDC on his hip put it under his seat or left it at the house when he took the family to the movies because he didn't want to go to jail for protecting his family!!!!! I am racking my brain thinking I have taken my kids to 2 movies in the last month and I can't for the life of me tell you if the theater that we went to has a no guns allowed sign. -Jason

I know the ones around me (Muncie, Richmond, etc) are all AMC and have their no guns signs proudly posted. It's very rare we go to the movies at all. It's gotten less common over the years and now we'll probably not go again at all. We won't be missing much. Our movie for this year was Jurassic World, the previous one was Guardians of the Galaxy. I carried during both of those. Normally I don't go into places that are posted, but for movies we have no choice around here. When the wife says she wants to see something in the theater for her birthday then we go, but we both go armed.

I'm wondering if any of the news stations will bother to check about the signs carrying the weight of law there and the posted gun free zone signs?

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    CNN is interviewing a guy right now who said he carries a gun every he goes to the movies and he thinks that America should rethink the GFZ's How did CNN let this guy on the air? -Jason

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Amazingly enough, I just looked on the Louisiana page of Handgunlaw.us and found that "no guns" signs have the weight of law in Louisiana
    AND
    according to The Grand Theatre - Corporate , this theater forbids firearms.

Just like every other time, the good guys are disarmed and the bad guys rack up a body count.

THIS, is the info I was looking for .....

Prayers to all involved !!!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They also closed all other theaters in town as a precaution.

Seriously? Are they THAT paranoid and wussified that some old white dude does something stupid and they are worried about others doing the same? There had better be some extenuating circumstances that they reveal later to justify this. I could see an "ethnic" man with a neckbeard screaming aloha snackbar as he fired prompting others to close, but this just seems too isolated to me.

If its just some random guy like this snapping causing the other venues to close, we have lost.

diafuriaposter.jpg

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I'm waiting for the liberal news media to report that this was a white, right wing extremist because we all know they are the real home grown terrorists. :rolleyes:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank, with respect, it's unlawful to carry there, for those of us who follow the law. I'm not following what you mean about (another) armed citizen stopping him, when none of the good guys would be violating laws and carrying there, :dunno:
    Huh, I thought the motto was "...shall not be infringed." Is it an arrestable offense to carry a gun in a theater in La.?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm waiting for the liberal news media to report that this was a white, right wing extremist because we all know they are the real home grown terrorists. :rolleyes:

Honestly I hope they never release the guy's identity. These cowards that do these kinds of acts are looking for the notoriety that comes with it. I think it is no coincidence that this shooting happened so close to the verdict for the whackoin Aurora was announced, and on the heals of the Charleston and Chattanooga shootings. Not sure the motive, but I can't help but think all the press those events got had some influence on this guys decision.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    And all this just hrs after his latest anti-gun speech. Obama is probably overjoyed with the timing of this incident. Going to be a lot of gun control speeches and media attention this weekend so get ready for increased enthusiasm from the antis.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'm not a tinfoil kind of guy, but the timing of these incidents and the media coverage is bizarre.

Clearly this is one thing the media are trained to do, pick up on shooting incidents and promote them 24/7. Hillary or the IRS? Not so much...

And in Charleston, the shooter just happens to choose the church where the state representative is the pastor, and is present with the group that night...

Top Bottom