• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My final conclusion is that whatever you do is between you and God unless you choose to make it my problem.
    I'll never understand why this position will never be enough for some. If we aren't lining the streets during gay pride parades and cheering them on we might as well be lighting them on fire. I have gays in my family, gays as friends and have had gay coworkers. Good people all of them as far as I'm concerned and what they do is thier business but none of them have ever tried to force me to say or believe anything, instead they have reciprocated the respect with which I've treated them.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    OK.....so you "Have" to accept a lifestyle you do not agree with per the union. (another reason I never attended the union meetings. **** all of that)

And this ass hole pulls a gun to make his point. Brother that :poop: would have put that whole issue 3 levels up on my hostility meter and thats closed to pegged.

This is the problem with people. They want to force you/us to accept things and use out life choices against us to do it. :bs:

I could give 2 craps what you do with a consenting adult partner. Its not my business. So in that there is no pressure put on me to accept something you or them basically know I will reject. So keep that crap to yourself.

Do not push it in my face and say "The law/union says I am forced to accept"
    That will not end pleasantly for you and should never be a part of my workday.

Disclaimer. CKW and I know several gay folks and couples. We have vacationed with a few couples and had the absolute best time with them. They do not push the life choices they make on those around them. They are open as to being together but not idiots. In fact they are very intelligent and pleasant people. I have missed their company lately.
    To clarify, he did not point the pistol, just plopped it on the desk.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To clarify, he did not point the pistol, just plopped it on the desk.
    I get that but still. You try that and see what happens. It was an overt threat.

There was pressure for you to comply and your beliefs were being turned on you in the effort along with the pistol.

JMHO and not to be taken for anything else.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I get that but still. You try that and see what happens. It was an overt threat.

There was pressure for you to comply and your beliefs were being turned on you in the effort along with the pistol.

JMHO and not to be taken for anything else.
    I'm with CM. That was def a threat.
    Or a gift. Snatch it up from the table and walk away with it.

Or if you want establish dominance.
    Pick it up, undo your pants. Maintain eye contact and rib the gun on your twig and berries. Then place it back in his desk. Zip up. Your move Chief.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    When we were in his office, he dramatically opened his desk drawer, removed a 1911 and slapped it down on the desk top. I asked him if he thought he was going to need the 1911, and his reply was: Quote. " you never know with religious whackos"

I'd have walked out at that point, probably with some choice words.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I'll never understand why this position will never be enough for some. If we aren't lining the streets during gay pride parades and cheering them on we might as well be lighting them on fire. I have gays in my family, gays as friends and have had gay coworkers. Good people all of them as far as I'm concerned and what they do is thier business but none of them have ever tried to force me to say or believe anything, instead they have reciprocated the respect with which I've treated them.
    Me and my wife (sorry it that term offends some, it's not meant to) never push our relationship or "lifestyle" on anyone else. I do not expect anyone to accept me for the simple fact I am gay. My only hope is that someone will accept me for being a decent human being, not because of who I live with. I mean, who cares, really. I hate all this in your face crap by the LGBTQ blah blah blah crowd. My workplace has a video we all have to watch every year with regards to race, sexuality, etc. I always cringe when the alleged gay scene comes on, where a group of people are talking behind this woman's back. It's just so stupid. People are people, and if they are going to make fun of someone, it's because they are assholes. A video isn't going to change anything. Hell, I've made fun of people (not to their face) about stupid stuff. With regards to the idiot pulling out a gun and putting it on the table, he should be fired. That's complete ********.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Me and my wife (sorry it that term offends some, it's not meant to) never push our relationship or "lifestyle" on anyone else. I do not expect anyone to accept me for the simple fact I am gay. My only hope is that someone will accept me for being a decent human being, not because of who I live with. I mean, who cares, really. I hate all this in your face crap by the LGBTQ blah blah blah crowd. My workplace has a video we all have to watch every year with regards to race, sexuality, etc. I always cringe when the alleged gay scene comes on, where a group of people are talking behind this woman's back. It's just so stupid. People are people, and if they are going to make fun of someone, it's because they are assholes. A video isn't going to change anything. Hell, I've made fun of people (not to their face) about stupid stuff. With regards to the idiot pulling out a gun and putting it on the table, he should be fired. That's complete ********.
    I would be delighted to have the two of you for neighbors.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'm with CM. That was def a threat.
    Or a gift. Snatch it up from the table and walk away with it.

Or if you want establish dominance.
    Pick it up, undo your pants. Maintain eye contact and rib the gun on your twig and berries. Then place it back in his desk. Zip up. Your move Chief.
    I laughed so hard it hurt!

Though before I put it back on the desk. I think I would have disassembled it and taken the slide stop with me. You want it come get it. Then plan on explaining to law enforcement and your superior how I ended up with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Too lazy to quote you all that didn't like my post.

My point being. Christians with tattoos wearing blended clothing like to stand proud and denounce homosexuals.
    If you want to have a real conversation about what aspects of the Law of Moses apply under the New Covenant and why, great...but there's a whole thread that probably a better place.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyhoo, I would have gone to the training with an internal eye roll and continued to treat those around me with appropriate respect. The training would not affect my beliefs and even though it's unlikely, I may learn something.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I'll double down on that and say I'd love to have you as neighbors too. I'm not AGAINST anything, and I currently work with the military every day. You do as you wish, and I wish you all the best and happiness in your family and relationship. What I don't care for is exactly what you stated, the in your face LGBTQ stuff. Don't force upon me your views, and I'll leave you alone. But force your views on me, and I will get defensive. I respect you for your openness. I'd love to go shooting with you any day!

Hope I didn't offend anyone...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom