• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    First of all, this is not an Anti Gay post, please read it all before taking offense.
    I work at NSWC Crane.
    Many years back, the base/navy decided it was going to have mandantory "Homosexual acceptance training"
    Some of my Christian fellows and I stated that we were not going to take the training, since that lifestyle was not acceptable to our faith, and we were not going to be subjected to training to somehow force us to accept it.
    Due to union pressures :lmfao:, It eventually went up the chain of command and the base commander at the time (don't remember who it was at this point) invited 5 of us to his office to discuss the matter.
    When we were in his office, he dramatically opened his desk drawer, removed a 1911 and slapped it down on the desk top. I asked him if he thought he was going to need the 1911, and his reply was: Quote. " you never know with religious whackos"
    Anyways, the base ended up modifying the sexual harassment training to include a few Gay elements instead, so us upstart religious wackos did have an effect on base policy.

What are some of your "What the?" moments with others and firearms?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Wow. That would've been the end of the meeting right there for me.
    yup.
    im pretty sure that was a felony. Plus you're not allowed to carry a firearm on base. his issue sidearm would've been in the armory. and either this was a long long time ago or it wouldve been a m9 unless once again he was carrying an illegal firearm on base.... felon twice over... tsk tsk

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Once when being interviewed by my LEO for a signoff on a Class III transfer, the County Sheriff in Greensburg (edit: many years ago) asked me if I wanted to overthrow the government.

I have re-lived that one in my head many times. A moment so pregnant with possibilities.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Once when being interviewed by my LEO for a signoff on a Class III transfer, the County Sheriff in Greensburg asked me if I wanted to overthrow the government.

I have re-lived that one in my head many times. A moment so pregnant with possibilities.
    I assume that was not the current Sheriff?

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    yup.
    im pretty sure that was a felony. Plus you're not allowed to carry a firearm on base. his issue sidearm would've been in the armory. and either this was a long long time ago or it wouldve been a m9 unless once again he was carrying an illegal firearm on base.... felon twice over... tsk tsk
    Yeah, but not really. Having been a Navy duty armorer, I can tell you that we had the old .45's in the armory LONG after the M9 became standard. Probably just because the higher ups didn't want to deal with all the paperwork to send them back, but we still had them. You are correct in one regard though, primarily his issue sidearm would have been maintained in the armory unless he specifically came by to draw it out, which might have been the case.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    How do you feel about incest,blended clothing, and tattoos?

To stay consistent with the Christian view, you have to be ok with incest, only wear single fiber clothes and be against tattoos.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Oh, man!! I would not have let that incident go. That was wildly wrong and possibly even criminal. And one thing for sure, that would not have gone unpunished by his command. BTW, I wouldn't have gone to that indoctrination training either!!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    happen.gif

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Too lazy to quote you all that didn't like my post.

My point being. Christians with tattoos wearing blended clothing like to stand proud and denounce homosexuals.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Too lazy to quote you all that didn't like my post.

My point being. Christians with tattoos wearing blended clothing like to stand proud and denounce homosexuals.
    You know that's Old Testament stuff, right? So maybe your argument is with Jews. You guys are like vegans. Like to stand proud and denounce meat eaters (Christians). Or maybe like non-gunowners denouncing gun ownership because they don't know anything about it.

Look, it's fine if you don't share someone's beliefs. But are they harming you because of their beliefs? Is it any different than a Christian not agreeing with homosexuality? I don't think it is.

Top Bottom