• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Bought a .45-70 Thompson contender, and was shooting it and a few other pistols with a buddy.
    It was getting dark, and since I couldn't see the sights, brought the pistol closer to my face...bad move!
    When I touched it off, the recoil smashed the pistol into my face and the hammer opened up a bloody gash right between my eyes.
    What the!
    I guess I hollered and Brent ran over from where he was shooting, thinking I shot myself in the head.
    Embarassing move.
    Ok. I believe this one.

:lmfao: :cheers:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Bought a .45-70 Thompson contender, and was shooting it and a few other pistols with a buddy.
    It was getting dark, and since I couldn't see the sights, brought the pistol closer to my face...bad move!
    When I touched it off, the recoil smashed the pistol into my face and the hammer opened up a bloody gash right between my eyes.
    What the!
    I guess I hollered and Brent ran over from where he was shooting, thinking I shot myself in the head.
    Embarassing move.
    Got thrown out of the IU pistol range for shooting this in there. The blast was just too much I guess for the range boss.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    going.jpg

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Not gun related...but...
    We adopted our daughter from China in 2002.
    The military ran the airport in Beijing, and when we landed, they were running our luggage through a X-ray, and they stopped and began pointing at me and my luggage. I cant speak Chinese, so didn't know what they were saying.
    More military come over, they have guns, but none are out, and they are all chattering at me.
    One turns the screen around so I can see and is pointing at it?
    I am shrugging, and he points at my back pack.
    I reach for my back pack to open it for them and they go crazy.
    What the!
    My wife and the other people in our adoption group are freaking out as well.
    A guy finally comes over and asks me in English why I am in China. My answer is to adopt.
    He dumps out my back pack and there is my Leatherman.
    They start measuring the blade and ask why it is in my pack.
    Why not?. Anyhoo, he tells me to keep it in my checked baggage, not my carry on.

My wife and friends always tell me the craziest things happen to me.

Personally, I think everyone has stories, but are just too embarassed to tell them.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The OP's story could very well be true. I've worked for some past commanders who were a couple french fries short of a Happy Meal. Seems like in the late 80's and early 90's, we had a string of educated nutjobs who cycled through command billets.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    The OP's story could very well be true. I've worked for some past commanders who were a couple french fries short of a Happy Meal. Seems like in the late 80's and early 90's, we had a string of educated nutjobs who cycled through command billets.
    Crane command seems to be the last port-o-call for retiring navy officers.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What if I also disapprove of it because what little I know of the postulated mechanics of it is disgusting, no matter what the claimed sexualitry of either particpant is. I wouldn't go skinny dipping at the sewage treatment plant either

So there, a non-religious rationale to disapprove of gheyness. Satisfied?
    I don't know what you are going on about. This is a homoerotic cop fanfiction thread now.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Wife and I went to Austria and Germany back in 98.
    2 incidents happened on that trip.

First one, we went to a museum and the the road in was a 1 lane.
    When we were leaving, I assumed the other 1 lane road was the way out, so I took it.
    Popped out on the road right in front of a police car, and he pulled me over.
    What the?
    American huh?...yes officer
    Drivers licence please, you were driving the wrong way on a 1 lane street
    Hand hi my license, and he opens it and out falls a wad of cash. ( I wondered where I put my cash) he looks at his partner then back at me and laughs. hands me my Dl and the cash and says...don't come back to Germany, all the while laughing at stupid Americans.

While traveling across the border into Austria, we stop to show our passports to the officer at the checkpoint and he says, this isnt the 70s, you don't have to show your passports, just drive through.
    So coming back that evening, I breeze through the checkpoint and the guards yell for us to stop and have their rifles out.
    What the!
    I tell them what the other guy said earlier, and he doesn't believe me, always stop and show your passports!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Too lazy to quote you all that didn't like my post.

My point being. Christians with tattoos wearing blended clothing like to stand proud and denounce homosexuals.
    The best way I can address this is:

1. According to God homosexuality is wrong. No wiggle room.

2. God specifically prohibits judging others.

3. According to God if you are guilty of one sin you are guilty of the entire law.

4. I can assure you I am guilty of at least one sin.

Consequently, I have had an easy time with the homosexuals I am acquainted with since so far they have been understanding of the fact that I hold to what God says is what it us but I dont consider myself any better.

Now, for those who want to hijack other people's children philosophically or otherwise, that is a different matter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Aren't the rules against homosexuality also old testament?
    They are reaffirmed in the New Testament although I don't believe it makes a difference as God is the same throughout eternity therefore is constant and consistent aside from specific instructions for specific events, for example I don't anticipate having to deal with any Girgashites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.....so you "Have" to accept a lifestyle you do not agree with per the union. (another reason I never attended the union meetings. **** all of that)

And this ass hole pulls a gun to make his point. Brother that :poop: would have put that whole issue 3 levels up on my hostility meter and thats closed to pegged.

This is the problem with people. They want to force you/us to accept things and use out life choices against us to do it. :bs:

I could give 2 craps what you do with a consenting adult partner. Its not my business. So in that there is no pressure put on me to accept something you or them basically know I will reject. So keep that crap to yourself.

Do not push it in my face and say "The law/union says I am forced to accept"
    That will not end pleasantly for you and should never be a part of my workday.

Disclaimer. CKW and I know several gay folks and couples. We have vacationed with a few couples and had the absolute best time with them. They do not push the life choices they make on those around them. They are open as to being together but not idiots. In fact they are very intelligent and pleasant people. I have missed their company lately.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There are some in the New Testament as well, but folks like to argue about them.
    Yeah! Come ove rto the Xtianty thread and I'll explain all about Biblical hermaneutics and why the laws on cotton/poly blends are voided, but a traditional historical view of marriage is very much in force.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree, the Christians do need to be trained to be more accepting.
    In many, many ways, I agree.

Not bashing Christians here. Bashing people who use their "faith" as a reason to "disapprove" of homosexuality, and to spout the same in a thread that's "not about gays."

What did Jesus say about gays again?
    Come over to the thread an I'll tell you - say nerdie Jetta trying to make a friend.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What did Jesus say about gays again?
    He said that he did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it.

New and Old Treatments both condemn homosexuality.

Scripture prohibits me from judging others (not be be confused with declining to condone sin).

My final conclusion is that whatever you do is between you and God unless you choose to make it my problem.

Top Bottom