• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So now it's up to me to disprove his unproven theory about the shear forces on the screws, which he himself has not proven?
    I take it you failed physics. Does he need to prove that gravity exists next?

The only one in this thread who seems to be anywhere close to pouting is you. I did not type an emotional "****" outburst, nor did I use a pejorative term like "fanboi" to describe anyone who has an opposing position, and until this response, I never attacked anyone personally with a description like "whining" and "pouting".
    Do you need a hug?

:):

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I aquired a 45 PPQ that is a pretty nice gun and couldn't beat the price. I have also pondered getting a Q5 match and drooled over the Steel Frame Q 5. The Sig came out with the 320 X5 Legion for almost half the price of a SF Walther so I jumped on it since I've had great luck with Sigs for over 30 years (I'm old enough to appreciate a steel frame or heavy gun before they were cool again)

I was interested in the PDP at first but after thinking I an passing for one simple reason Walther seens to discontinue models of firearms about like Mitsubishi does cars.

The P99, the Short lived PDX and apparently Creed is no more. All some of the most underated guns out. (sad as the PDX and Creed had a HK LEM type trigger which really is a lot more user friendly than a traditional DAO and a great system if people would really learn about it.)

So while the PDP looks like its another great product. And I wish them success not sure if it will branch out that much past the die hard Walther folks.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ^^^

IMHO the PDX and Creed were doomed from the start, "value line" no matter how nice they were is not something most associate with walther.

They do need to work on their advertising and brand recognition within the states however. I think the PDP is their first real push into the American market. This belief is further backed up by all the PR work Walther has done even Larry Vickers is on board.

Plus their "main" line guns have pretty long service life's the PPQ lasted a decade and is still mostly parts compatible with the PPQ (even a PPQ slide will fit on a PDP frame and vice versa).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah, that cheap Chinese plate is a C&H plate made specifically for the PDP
    ha.gif

NoGoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Zionsville
    I have an M2, and have been challenged to find an extended mag beyond the standard 15-round on. Hopefully this will increase the supply of high capacity maga for the M2 (assuming "high capacity" mags don't get banned).
    I agree! I love the M1!
    In the videos that I’ve watched, they mention magazine compatibility with the PPQ (on the compact frame that has the 15 round magazine). No one has mentioned it that I have seen but I believe that would be compatibility with the PPQM2?

I agree! I love the M1!
    In the videos that I’ve watched, they mention magazine compatibility with the PPQ (on the compact frame that has the 15 round magazine). No one has mentioned it that I have seen but I believe that would be compatibility with the PPQM2?
    Does anyone know how Walther has historically handled the evolution of their magazines? Example, The PDP has magazine compatibility with the PPQ M2 mags, the the PPQ M1 are different, and therefore incompatible with the PDP (M1). When Walther release the PPQ M1, did it have magazine compatibility with its predecessor, the P99? Walther then changed the PPQ's magazine with the introduction of the PPQ M2. I know this is conjecture, but think Walther will probably (eventually) release a PDP M2 with an evolved magazine system. Just wondering if anyone has any Walther history they can share.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Initial impressions are very positive. Heading to the range on Thursday. View attachment 129523
    My god man! Have you not heard the news? Your PDP WILL BREAK! If you won't think of yourself, think of the children... The children!!!

But then again, the above hysterical warning only applies if you happen to be running a pre-production C&H mounting plate labeled "WPD-RSH 10-30-20". If you're not, you should be good to go, and have a good time.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Bite the Bullet in Seymour had one of the compact models when I was in there last Thursday. I took a look at it and didn't really see much difference between it and my 4" PPQ (I also own a 5" PPQ and an older P99).
    Not really a fan of the overly aggressive slide serrations and I've got several other guns already fitted for a red dot.
    Grip texture was "different". Can't say it was an improvement over the PPQ.
    It was priced at $699 and they weren't coming down any. For that money it won't do anything my PPQ's won't.
    (And I personally LOVE the P99 and wish it was still catalogued)!

Top Bottom