• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Tempting, but then I'd have to deal with Rural King... :):

I'm hoping the price at Point Blank will be close to the same, as I have $70 in gift cards to go towards the purchase.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I thought the same thing. If they'd made one with a paddle mag release I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I love my PPQ M1 with the paddle release.
    I'm with you on this! Had a PPQ M1 with the paddle release that I loved, especially after installing a Dawson FO sight on the front. The very weird thing to say is I never considered carrying it because for a striker-fired gun, the trigger was just TOO good. But that is on me as an operator to know my gun and where it breaks. I also was never really crazy about the paisley-style grip texture. This one though is absolutely worth a look, thanks for posting the videos! Nice looking grip texturing, and yep, I would love to see the paddle release make a comeback as an option.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    78nzXoRh.jpg

If it shoots anything like it's big brother it will be a very nice shooting handgun IMHO. That being said I still prefer my SF guns and am really glad Walther is moving away from finger groves on their polymer handguns (I hate every pistol with finger groves they just do not fit my hands)

decalguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    What they call the compact is a 4" and full size is 4.5"? doesn't seem like much of a compact, or am I missing something?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What they call the compact is a 4" and full size is 4.5"? doesn't seem like much of a compact, or am I missing something?
    Technically the 4 is a compact, same size as a Glock 19. The definitions of what is micro, sub, compact , full sized and so on really needs to get changed up IMHO especially with guns like the P365 and Hellcat being out there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If it shoots anything like it's big brother it will be a very nice shooting handgun IMHO. That being said I still prefer my SF guns and am really glad Walther is moving away from finger groves on their polymer handguns (I hate every pistol with finger groves they just do not fit my hands)
    I agree 100% about the finger grooves. I have owned a couple of PPQs that felt great in the hand in the gun shop, but not so great after handling it and shooting it. Tried to love it because of the awesome trigger, but just couldn't get over the funky feeling bumps on the front of the grip.

Looking forward to handling one of these in person, as the lack of finger grooves/bumps should vastly improve the ergonomics. The compatibility with Glock aftermarket sights is huge! Really curious about the new texture, as another problem with the PPQ was that the grip was a bit slick, despite the fancy texture.

Don't know if I'd buy a new PDP in 9mm though, as I think that my CZ P10c is still a better option than a product-improved PPQ. The P10c trigger is actually better than the PPQ (subjective, I know), and I've found that it shoots much flatter/less muzzle flip than the PPQ. The bore axis hasn't changed from the PPQ to the PDP, so I don't expect that to be any different.

We'll see.

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    I could be wrong, but I think you will find that compact and full size refers more to the frame's grip length and magazine capacity. There are rumors of plans to produce a 5" slide as well. Last, but not least, the slides and frames are interchangeable so you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Top Bottom