• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went today to re-sight it in. I received my C&H optic plate yesterday, it seems a little more robust than the Walther plate and I like that it fills the gap between the RMR and slide. Shot it with some cheap magtech 115's (in the picture) and some Sig 147 hp's. Still very happy with it. I've kept the medium backstrap on this one instead of going to the small like other brands and i'm shooting it just fine.

RmKpMPDm.jpg

o9PZS5xm.jpg

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Well, I just wanted to post a couple of things I have learned over the last couple of days. Some of you may already know this but I haven’t seen these things mentioned in previous posts, so here goes...
    I recently sold my second PPQM1 to help fund the purchase of this full size PDP with the 4.5” barrel.
    Here it is pictured with the 20 round mag from my Canik TP9-SA. It ran all 20 rounds with no issues. You might consider this if you have some laying around and can’t get a hold OEM mags anytime soon.
    68C846AD-4A98-46C5-974D-C247911BF104.jpeg
    Secondly, I called Walther yesterday to discuss parts compatibility. I talked to Connor. He confirmed that he has ran his PPQM2 slide on his PDP and vice versa.
    So I asked about running my PDP slide on my M1 frame and he said that would work just fine. (I did test fit in my office, but have not taken it out to the range yet.)

So, for everyone who has mentioned having the M1 with the paddle release and a bunch of mags, you would be able to use the PDP slide (& a red dot) on your original frame with your M1 mags. I’m pretty excited about this.
    I have not received my plate and don’t yet have an optic.
    Now for the diehard paddle guys, Swapping slides wouldn’t be incentive to get the PDP, but as an added benefit, I think it’s pretty awesome! 30393353-5987-47A5-8B74-282B9BDDC95C.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know it's been a minute, but I ended up ordering a PDP Compact yesterday. The site had it for $649 which is pretty good since most places either don't have the compact version, or are charging a fair bit more money. Only real issue is that they said there were about 7 days behind in shipping, so I probably won't get it for ~2 weeks. Not a problem as I'm recovering from surgery from last week and unable to really get out and shoot right now. I'm really curious about the compatibility with my PPQ M1 as was mentioned above. I don't know that I'd like that enough to carry that way, but it's very tempting, especially since I already have a few PPQ M1 mags to use. Also curious about the Canik mag compatibility. I also have a Canik TP9 SF-Elite. I wonder if those mags are compatible? I have a bunch of those... :):

Also, any way to get the free plate ordered prior to getting the gun? Curious about that as I want to take the gun with me to a shooting event on May 1st, but if I don't get it for 2 weeks, I won't get a plate if it takes 10 days :(

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know it's been a minute, but I ended up ordering a PDP Compact yesterday. The site had it for $649 which is pretty good since most places either don't have the compact version, or are charging a fair bit more money. Only real issue is that they said there were about 7 days behind in shipping, so I probably won't get it for ~2 weeks. Not a problem as I'm recovering from surgery from last week and unable to really get out and shoot right now. I'm really curious about the compatibility with my PPQ M1 as was mentioned above. I don't know that I'd like that enough to carry that way, but it's very tempting, especially since I already have a few PPQ M1 mags to use. Also curious about the Canik mag compatibility. I also have a Canik TP9 SF-Elite. I wonder if those mags are compatible? I have a bunch of those... :):

Also, any way to get the free plate ordered prior to getting the gun? Curious about that as I want to take the gun with me to a shooting event on May 1st, but if I don't get it for 2 weeks, I won't get a plate if it takes 10 days :(
    I ordered a compact as well, just picked it up yesterday. To get the plate you need the serial number for their online form and delivery on those has been varied, mine took about 10 days. The Canik mag compatibility might be for the full-size only? If you need a plate ready to go you might have to get the C&H but they're pricey.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I emailed the vendor I bought it from yesterday to ask if they could send me the SN. I figure if they can do it, even after they ship it to verify I won't cancel the order, that I would have a little extra time to get the plate ordered. Keeping my fingers crossed that will work... :nailbite:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I emailed the vendor I bought it from yesterday to ask if they could send me the SN. I figure if they can do it, even after they ship it to verify I won't cancel the order, that I would have a little extra time to get the plate ordered. Keeping my fingers crossed that will work... :nailbite:
    Interested to see your thoughts on the PDP, I had one in my hand at a LGS last weekend and thought it was probably my favorite polymer framed gun (exception maybe a Wilson P320). That being said having a Q4 I did not see an immediate reason to "upgrade"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Interested to see your thoughts on the PDP, I had one in my hand at a LGS last weekend and thought it was probably my favorite polymer framed gun (exception maybe a Wilson P320). That being said having a Q4 I did not see an immediate reason to "upgrade"
    It'll be a while before I get it and get a chance to shoot it, but when I do I'll post my thoughts.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I got an opportunity to get one of the new 5" Compact and jumped. It may be redundant to my Q5 Match; but, I'm a life long Walther Fanboy. So, redundancy is okay. Right? I wanted the Compact because I've got a dozen PPQ magazines. I don't have to chase another kind of magazine.

I just got it home out of the box. It still has a lot of packing grease smears. I haven't even wiped it down, yet. I'll give her a coat of bacon scented, liberal tears as soon as I finish this post. I promise...

Bxaqbl2.jpg

JLL1RZB.jpg

vYvj8ef.jpg

I think I'm going to go with a Holosun 507C. I've got a Vortex Venom on my Q5 and I really love Vortex products; but, I really want the 'Shake Awake' feature on this pistol.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A bit irked at the vendor I got this from, but I picked up my PDP Compact today:

PjADUEe.jpg

No shipping notice, I just happened to decide last night to check the status, only to find it was delivered to my LGS on Monday... :facepalm:

Looking forward to shooting it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Managed to get to the range to put 65 rounds through the new gun. Ran fine. Ironically I shot my P10C better, but I'll withhold judgement until I get the red dot for the PDP. Was nice to get to the range.

Top Bottom