• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm curious how a vaccine which doesn't stop the recipient from contracting or spreading the virus helps to stop the virus from spreading. If someone has some sort of logical explanation on how that works I would appreciate a link or directions on how to find the information on this specific issue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mask was a good idea, pre-vaccines, but the stop gap is done.
    Wrong. Again

Accused of design flaws and overstating its findings when it was released in late August, the study's newly released data show only 20 more symptomatic COVID cases in the villages that didn't receive masks and related education, reminders and "role modeling by community leaders."

In a total study population of 342,126 adults, 1,106 people in the control group tested positive, compared to 1,086 in the treatment group. The latter group represented 52% of the study population.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The same way chicken with stops mosquitos :)
    Worst of all, to me, is that this actually causes harm. People who should not be in public due to compromised immune systems, or other issues, put on a mask and feel like they're protected. They have false confidence that the mask is protecting them when it is actually not doing a darn thing.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The vaccine doesn't prevent spread, so I'm unsure why you'd now think not using a mask is okay.

If you believe masks work, you should be wearing one currently.
    I can’t remember which one of these threads it was that someone mentioned “no one believes the virus stops the spread….”
    Once again they were wrong.

Don’t forget you’re quoting the same mental giant that said masks can never cause harm to a person or inhibit their breathing and then proceeded to call those that gave him direct examples of how wrong he was liars and fakers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Omicron Outbreak

120 guests at an upscale party in Norway. All guests were required to show proof of vaccination, and test negative the day before the party. In the days after the party, 60 of them tested positive. Norway is also 80% vaccinated. Of the 60, all had mild symptoms.

Stop the division and hate over vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. It won’t stop the spread. It will likely keep you out of the hospital. Nobody else’s decision impacts you. Take it if you want to, or don’t.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Stop the division and hate over vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. It won’t stop the spread. It will likely keep you out of the hospital. Nobody else’s decision impacts you. Take it if you want to, or don’t.
    Surely you aren't suggesting that people engage in a little critical thinking are you? I'm sure we have a few here who believe that had I gotten the vaccine, those poor people at the party in Norway would have never gotten Covid.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My niece and her kid are double vaxed, boostered.
    She is a nazi, masks and glove, self isolated type. Won't go out anywhere, totally overboard behaviors.
    Wouldn't visit her mom and dad unless they were vaxed.
    Annoying "you better get vaxed, if you don't you are evil." type of attitude.

She and her kid got the covid this week.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    My niece and her kid are double vaxed, boostered.
    She is a nazi, masks and glove, self isolated type. Won't go out anywhere, totally overboard behaviors.
    Wouldn't visit her mom and dad unless they were vaxed.
    Annoying "you better get vaxed, if you don't you are evil." type of attitude.

She and her kid got the covid this week.
    My wife’s sister is the same way. Won’t eat in a restaurant but drive through is gtg. Even had her kids convinced for a time that simply going outside would cause them to catch it.
    They have had Covid for about a week now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Healthy?

260168779_309105761219091_8897292350969503941_n.jpg

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    This whole vaccine debacle just grinds my gears.

News reports yesterday outlined an Ohio woman who won a 1 million dollar "raffle" for getting a vaccine.
    Other states/municipalities are offering free drinks, free joints, free rides, free concerts... all in an effort to entice fence-sitters to take theCovid-19 vaccine.

The question arises, if this vaccine were the be-all/end-all, ultimate answer to this "pandemic", why aren't people beating down the doors clamoring for their individual salvation?

When you offer something of worth or value, people will beat a path to your door.
    The fact that the government feels the need to bribe, or try to coerce people into compliance tells me to question the dominate paradigm.
    If I wanted a chance to win money, I’d buy a lottery ticket.

You're more likely to die from an anaphylactic reaction following the shot than you are to win the lottery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom