• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what's your point, there Goldilocks. All I'm getting is YOU think 0.2% CFR is too low and 1.8% CFR is too high, but you want reliable estimates from unreliable numbers. We are using multiple sources to obtain our data, we thought that was what you wanted?

The upshot is, something like one or two people per 100 at most will catch this and die from it.
    It's not Marburg and people should probably stop acting like they're never going to die if they are just careful enough
    Goldilocks? My point is that you guys keep saying survival rates are 99.whateverthe**** and that is nonsense. But at least now you seem to acknowledge that those numbers are as fabricated as any.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    'Now'? I've been arguing the numbers are wonky for the better part of a year. Perhaps you remember me showing our worldometers derived CFR was declining while us having a 'third wave' was being relentlessly hyped, or that the poster children for 'getting it right' (Japan and Germany) had CFR's that were converging on ours. I have always thought that the CFR will converge on the IFR but see no way to wring the deliberate distortions out of what numbers we have available

Goldilocks because, as you may recall, she was all about finding the choice that was 'just right' - according to her personal preferences. The 'these numbers are two high' and 'these numbers are too low' reminded me of that process

Edit: I think the point of showing that more than 98% survive WuVid just fine is to remind them it is not Marburg or Ebola

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Goldilocks? My point is that you guys keep saying survival rates are 99.whateverthe**** and that is nonsense. But at least now you seem to acknowledge that those numbers are as fabricated as any.
    If you weed out the false reports of death that were bolstered up I see 98% survive it as well. Show me the damned bodies OK.
    Come on man.....really.....:dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think everyone has the right to decide for themselves whether to mask or not. As do businesses. If the business says mask or don`t come in, either mask or don`t go in. Pretty straightforward.

Our church has made masks optional for a really long time now. A few wear masks, most do not. The understanding is that there will be no condemnation of whatever position one takes tolerated. Again, pretty straightforward.
    Same with our church, seems to be working.
    I take a totally different tact with the businesses. For many months now I have walked right past signs that say mask required. Pretend like they’re not there. I’m not as hardcore of an anti masker as many of you, I’m willing to put one on without argument or hesitation if asked, and I have never not once been asked. I look at it as a little bit rebellion and a lot of leadership.
    We call them sheep, and they can be led.
    Try it, before it’s too late, definitely a feeling of freedom.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I take a totally different tact with the businesses. For many months now I have walked right past signs that say mask required. Pretend like they’re not there. I’m not as hardcore of an anti masker as many of you, I’m willing to put one on without argument or hesitation if asked, and I have never not once been asked. I look at it as a little bit rebellion and a lot of leadership.
    I`m different on the businesses. A private business has the right to mandate a mask. It`s no different then the "No shirt No shoes No service" thing. If a business posts that masks are required, I wear the mask, or I don`t go there. Same with the no firearms signs. I`ll honor a businesses mandate that I don`t bring a weapon on their property, it`s their right. But my billfold and my business go elsewhere...

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Same here. I engage in peaceful non-compliance. You could say that I'm a protestor.

Seriously though, I only wear a mask if it is a store I "need" something from, and they have someone posted at the front door forcing people to wear a mask.

If I am asked to wear one I will, politely, say that I will go somewhere else. Very few places ask. Lately though, if an employee asks if I would like a mask, I will politely decline and keep shopping. Obviously I would put one on, or leave, if they pushed the issue.

I find that night shift usually doesn't care (Kroger, Target, WalMart, etc.).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I`m different on the businesses. A private business has the right to mandate a mask. It`s no different then the "No shirt No shoes No service" thing. If a business posts that masks are required, I wear the mask, or I don`t go there. Same with the no firearms signs. I`ll honor a businesses mandate that I don`t bring a weapon on their property, it`s their right. But my billfold and my business go elsewhere...

I disagree that companies that control the market for necessities, invite the public into their facilities, should be allowed to engage in discriminatory behaviors braised on health. Would they be allowed to check to see if an individual has AIDS? An STD? Where do they get the authority to determine if an individual is required to wear a mask? They have no idea if the health of the individual can even do that.

This is not shirt and shoes, they are crossing over into health privacy matters and have no right to do so...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you weed out the false reports of death that were bolstered up I see 98% survive it as well. Show me the damned bodies OK.

We took a lot of precautions in the US, but here's what happens if you don't:

file-20210503-21-1jco2wf.jpg

I don't understand why it's so hard to believe this virus is killing people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No one said it was not. I lost a friend. The 1st death related was a life long friend of mine.
    here’s the thing. India. What a complete :poop: hole. A black plaque waiting to happen. This is in them and how they choose to live.
    influenza “A” kills people every year and we seem not to hear about this.
    sars went nuts and no real big deal.
    So here’s my thing. I have had it as have (allegedly) Several family and friends. Nobody died or was even close. No one else in close family households caught it. Nobody. I call :bs: from real world experiences with it.
    my old beat down tired ass us right dead center in the folks that they say it will kill. Nope. I have been just as sick with a cold/flu.
    Yes. People die. Every fracking day.
    they have wrecked a vital economy and screwed up our kids. ****-em. I am over the :bs:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Because you have been having fun with numbers and all this all along, that is why you don't understand. I believe you were in a group I called out in the very first thread for being morbidly giddy discussing the dying, almost like watching a ball game and enjoying stats off your favorite QB.

Now here we are months later and I guarantee you I have exponentially more friends I pray and worry for that are battling cancer than the Wuwho flu. The latter number is 0 currently and has never been near my the number on my current cancer list.

Another BS is that the actions of humans did something to significantly alter the path of the virus. It is, for the most part running the course it would have. Thankfully it was not a deadly as many predicted because only an idiot believes the BS mitigation steps would really contain it much less control it...

Some of us can see with our eyes and think without being told what to think...

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

I don't know why it's so hard for folks like you to understand that people who aren't hiding under their bed don't necessarily believe covid is not killing people, only that in the grand scheme of things the risks of the virus dont warrant the fear and hysteria that one might associate with pandemics on the level of those like the black death in medival Europe.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No one said it was not. I lost a friend. The 1st death related was a life long friend of mine.
    here’s the thing. India. What a complete :poop: hole. A black plaque waiting to happen. This is in them and how they choose to live.
    influenza “A” kills people every year and we seem not to hear about this.
    sars went nuts and no real big deal.
    So here’s my thing. I have had it as have (allegedly) Several family and friends. Nobody died or was even close. No one else in close family households caught it. Nobody. I call :bs: from real world experiences with it.
    my old beat down tired ass us right dead center in the folks that they say it will kill. Nope. I have been just as sick with a cold/flu.
    Yes. People die. Every fracking day.
    they have wrecked a vital economy and screwed up our kids. ****-em. I am over the :bs:
    Give the stock market number, and the really low numbers of businesses in the "businesses closed" thread, I think we've weathered this as good as can be expected.

As far as pandemics good , this wasn't nearly as bad as it could be when you compare it to all the past horrific outbreaks. Even in the recent past, Ebola makes COVID look like a walk in the park. Speaking of SARS, it was nasty, but didn't spread like COVID did; bullet dodged.

Let's learn from this and be prepared for the next virus.
    Or we can be like New Orleans and lie to ourselves: "Hurricanes always turn to Pascagoula, MS."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know why it's so hard for folks like you to understand that people who aren't hiding under their bed don't necessarily believe covid is not killing people, only that in the grand scheme of things the risks of the virus dont warrant the fear and hysteria that one might associate with pandemics on the level of those like the black death in medival Europe.
    This one has to stir the :poop: to keep his fun times rolling. He loves it. Worse than Kut in his own way. He lives for it.
    prove me wrong.
    I read a lot. Goes with the chair. I see where many of you are coming from and why.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Give the stock market number, and the really low numbers of businesses in the "businesses closed" thread, I think we've weathered this as good as can be expected.

As far as pandemics good , this wasn't nearly as bad as it could be when you compare it to all the past horrific outbreaks. Even in the recent past, Ebola makes COVID look like a walk in the park. Speaking of SARS, it was nasty, but didn't spread like COVID did; bullet dodged.

Or we can be like New Orleans and lie to ourselves: "Hurricanes always turn to Pascagoula, MS."
    OK now I am a bit miffed.
    if you just use your indicators you are missi g so much.
    churchs and businesses across the board are gone.
    my HVAC work came to a screaming halt and I lost a huge chunk of my butt over this lie. Huge chunk never to be recovered. It stole a year from me I do not have to spare.
    I know of 3 small A/C outfits that bankrupted and another is about done. Small businesses have been devastated.
    2 car repair shops and a fleet service outfit. Gone. Done. Revenue streams destroyed by a bull crap shut down.
    as always you completely missed the points made in my posts. Completely and yes you are wearing us out.
    Short of going nuclear I am out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I am glad you are so happy with the largest wealth transfer from the working people class to the billionaire class. I'm sad you have no concern for small businesses that were decimated while mega business had massive profits.

Very glad you don't run the economy but the TDS sure assisted the installation of Biden...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This one has to stir the :poop: to keep his fun times rolling. He loves it. Worse than Kut in his own way. He lives for it.
    prove me wrong.
    I read a lot. Goes with the chair. I see where many of you are coming from and why.
    I thought maybe we could discuss this respectfully, but if you just want to accuse me of trolling then I guess we're done.

You said, "show me the bodies", and I thought I might just try and do that; but I'm not interested in ban (again), so...
    ImmediateSpryBettong-max-1mb.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Show me real ass numbers. I think there are false reports. Now many? I get the feeling that we're kinda using the same criteria to say different things. It looks to me like some of you guys want to believe that the survival rate is 99.whateverthe****, because people keep saying it, and then using the fact that we have no reliable numbers to justify it! :n00b:

If you don't know the numbers you can't say it's 99.whateverthe****. And, I think it's not controversial that young healthy people rarely die while older/unhealthy people have a higher death rate. So saying there's an overall death rate, even if it were an accurate number, has limited usefulness anyway.

Why is it so necessary to say it's virtually nothing? Reality isn't going to change, but your perception will. Though unknown, the real ass numbers are what they are. If it's important to know, which I think it is, it's better to know what the numbers actually are than let our perceptions rule what we think it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think there's a reasonable variation on that. If the business posts the sign and more than half the people aren't wearing mask, **** it man. I'm taking mine off.

Top Bottom