• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think what he is trying to say, Kirk, is that asymptomatic people are not particularly contagious. I remember a study that came out probably close to a year ago, when asymptomatic spread was a hot topic. It was out of South Korea, which had comprehensive pandemic security and contact tracing in place. IIRK, it followed 407 cases of asymptomatic positives and in 406 cases there was no spread to other persons they had come in contact with. In the 407th case there had been an infection in which there were potentially other pathways but they could not rule out contact with the asymptomatic carrier. At that time they officially adopted the opinion that asymptomatic spread was not a concern, and they are a modern, first world country with excellent testing and medical intervention as well as tracking

What I wonder is, like masking, if vaccines work why isn't it enough for you to protect yourself. How can you catch something from the maskless if YOU are protected? Seems either the protection ISN'T useful or the perception of needed continued infringement of liberty IS useful

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yuck.
    Occasionally I have told people to do this but I didn't think any of them followed through with it. :)
    Same thing with norovirus (of cruise ship imfamy, but which happens with more frequency at hotels): spread through contact with feces, as a result of poor hygiene practices.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Isn't free healthcare great?

DnbQiSs.png

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think what he is trying to say, Kirk, is that asymptomatic people are not particularly contagious. I remember a study that came out probably close to a year ago, when asymptomatic spread was a hot topic. It was out of South Korea, which had comprehensive pandemic security and contact tracing in place. IIRK, it followed 407 cases of asymptomatic positives and in 406 cases there was no spread to other persons they had come in contact with. In the 407th case there had been an infection in which there were potentially other pathways but they could not rule out contact with the asymptomatic carrier. At that time they officially adopted the opinion that asymptomatic spread was not a concern, and they are a modern, first world country with excellent testing and medical intervention as well as tracking

What I wonder is, like masking, if vaccines work why isn't it enough for you to protect yourself. How can you catch something from the maskless if YOU are protected? Seems either the protection ISN'T useful or the perception of needed continued infringement of liberty IS useful
    There has been no compelling evidence to date of asymptomatic transmission as a statistically relevant factor. It's all assumption. "Our model says asymptomatic people spread with 75% efficiency because we inputted 75% efficiency as a base assumption of the model". Science!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe because the vaccines don't work as promised? Just like the regular flu vaccines, just another money maker for the drug companies. As always.... follow the money!
    This. Its a ****ing placebo of sorts designed on the fly and developed in Bathtub to line the pockets of the butt munchers pushing the agenda.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Maybe because the vaccines don't work as promised? Just like the regular flu vaccines, just another money maker for the drug companies. As always.... follow the money!
    So far the testing shows the vaccines are pretty darn effective. But I agree that if TPTB want to encourage more people to get vaccinated than there should be zero restrictions for people that are vaccinated.

Yes, I realize that leads to other discussions of whether politicians have the right to make restrictions in the first place, and debate over vaccine passports and how people prove they've been vaccinated. But just on the face of it, telling people to keep up with the charade of mask wearing after vaccination is going to discourage some people from getting it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Has Governor Polis ever run a business? Has he ever been to a restaurant or a bar? Does he have any clue how ridiculous those orders are and how impossible it would be for owners to keep everyone in compliance?

Rhetorical

Top Bottom