Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I heard Rush's take on it yesterday, and I think it sounds plausible.

Young people these days need a purpose. They need to feel they are "saving the world" and "making a difference"... and something like Climate Change gives them a target to throw their work and money behind. They've been told through their entire upbringing that it exists, and that it will end the world. They hear their idols tout it, so it must be true... people they believe are credible. They get fake statistics shoved down their gullets by the MMFA/OFA/Vox/HuffPo/MSNBC/Salon/Gawker/Bill Nye's of the world.

They'll find an explanation for everything, including this story, too.

Already seen it argued that "man made climate change" can cause prolonged periods of unusually inactive weather.

Young people these days? I think it's something related but not exactly that. People, young or old, mostly young, seem to care more about being seen caring about the "right" things. They want to fit in, and if "in" means being seen caring about the environment, then pretend you care.

Also, it seems they want to do life better than the previous generation, if for no better reason than a middle finger pointed at them. And there are some people who obviously really do care, I mean they lie down in front of ****ing bulldozers and **** trying to save one damn tree. But then those people are just nuts. That's my :twocents:.

level.eleven reading this thread and not being able to respond...............

frustrated_man.jpg

Very true.

The factors, the intricacies, that all must work together to operate our climate are far beyond my level of education and understanding. But what I can do is look at the salesmen that are pushing this stuff. I can look at what they're proposing for mitigation and remediation. And when I do, I see snake oil salesmen and I see loss of liberty. I see that cheap energy is made to be expensive so that expensive energy seems cheap. I see a massive wealth redistribution schemes being proposed as ways to "help the poor" while helping to bankrupt Americans, killing off capitalism, driving manufacturing out of the USA, and being a horrendous drag on our economy. No thanks. I'm not buying it. I don't have to be a climatologist or read their reports to smell the world's largest long con.

I look at their predictions vs reality. Not an accurate enough history of predictions to satisfy me that they understand what they're modeling. Certainly not enough to base policy on those predictions.

Clearly Happy is just stirring the pot and engaging in a little light trolling.

I prefer to think the best of people and this is the most positive conclusion I can reach.

Pretty much. But then somewhere upthread the post exclaiming the surprise at the lack of opposition had to help fuel that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But notice how there is no push back as to the fact that global warming has been nonexistent for almost 20 years.

"You're taking to short a perspective"

"You're misinterpreting the data"

"Who cares, the air is cleaner anyways" (um...so called "greenhouses gases" do not necessarily make for "dirty" air

...no push back...at all, that there has been no global warming observed for some time and no attempt to explain how man's activity which supposedly caused it 30 years ago...is not causing it today despite overall increases in global fossil fuel consumption over the same time period.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, should have also mentioned the EPA, which is still imposing expensive, anti-competitive regulations based on this fraud.

I used to work for US EPA. Never again.

And after reading recent response here, I'm going to kill the environment when I get home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm sure a Rhino does it's share of emitting a lot of green house gasses? :poop:

Why, you!!! I oughtta . . .

:yesway: Be sure to stomp some daisies while you are at it.

I'll run over them in the Ford Excursion I rent every Earth Day. My celebration includes filling the tank, parking it in the middle of a tree-hugger infested area, locking the doors, and walking away. While it's still running.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    ...and yet we're spending a fortune on it and now giving money to "poorer" countries to help with the inevitable sea rise: Obama offers climate change help to other nations

"In another attempt to increase political pressure on leaders to take action, tens of thousands of activists, including prominent actors and former Vice President Al Gore, demonstrated in New York on Sunday" AND LEFT A GIANT MESS!!!

Why is everyone afraid to push back on this spit?!

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    i don't understand why so many folks have such a problem following research data. It's called global weather disruptions. Can go up or down, but probably going sideways. Massive storms and changes in the jet stream. So what if the predictions are off, so are the earthquake predictions, but that doesn't mean we stop trying. where it came from and what to do about it is another topic.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    i don't understand why so many folks have such a problem following research data. It's called global weather disruptions. Can go up or down, but probably going sideways. Massive storms and changes in the jet stream. So what if the predictions are off, so are the earthquake predictions, but that doesn't mean we stop trying. where it came from and what to do about it is another topic.

So are you saying man causes earthquakes, or simply pointing out that we cannot control nature?

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I think instead of climate change BS they ought to try and reduce pollution, that is something I can follow. The whole climate change and global warming crap instantly makes me tune it out. Pollution reduction especially water ways and air in large cities, yes I can get behind that Just saying we can do better

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I think instead of climate change BS they ought to try and reduce pollution, that is something I can follow. The whole climate change and global warming crap instantly makes me tune it out. Pollution reduction especially water ways and air in large cities, yes I can get behind that Just saying we can do better

Tracking, but there is a point that it's no longer needed or economically possible or prudent. Yes clean water and air are incredibly important, but to what ppm - that's always the rub. Zero is the wrong answer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Instead of shooting my electrical rates through the roof to make solar and wind seem cheap, I just would be happy if we could get people to stop throwing their Mountain Dew bottles, Big Gulp cups, and McDonalds sacks out of their windows as they drive down the road.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Boy, you guys don't waste any time do you? That line of crap just came out this morning!

Can?t make this up: UN chief renames ?climate change.? Now it?s ?climate disruption? | Twitchy

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    And here I thought these guys were all about weather =/= climate, and climate was the thing. But apparently weather is the thing when something bad happens, but something bad has been happening less frequently lately, hasn't it?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The word "global" in global warming...

The word "change" in climate change...

Let's go back to "global"...that seemed to be good...they're use to climate so let's change that to "weather"...and instead of "change", since it's always changing, let's pick a word that invokes something unexpected or unnatural...like "disruption"!

Remember when science was about the scientific method and data?

Top Bottom