Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Psychological health has been impacted, largely among global warming activists and especially in children. Nope, no harm whatsoever.

This kind of anticipatory anxiety is especially crippling and is increasingly being seen among climate activists — in some cases rising to the level of a kind of 'pre-traumatic' stress disorder.
    The report compared what children may be feeling today to the distress suffered by American and Russian children over the threat of the nuclear bomb in the 1950s during the Cold War era, saying that climate change could have the same destructive impact. "Some children are already anxious about global warming and begin to obsess, understandably, about the future, unmoved by the small reassurances adults may attempt to put forth," the report said.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    There's always cost to have anything that involves cleaner emissions. I may lost monetarily but gained the environment. I understand that it could have been done the right way but this is the real world, there's always going to be blood suckers no matter what. Hell, if we want to talk about such things, I would say healthcare is a bigger issue that this. Knowing the ins and outs of such, it just pisses me off but then again, I chose my battles.

As far as those children having that stress, good for them. I always believe that growing up and dealing the problems will make you a smarter person, not someone who will be living in eutopia.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......I may lost monetarily but gained the environment. ...........

:rofl:

You have been pulled into the biggest wealth redistribution scam of this century.
    Carbon credits are nothing more than payoffs to keep polluting just to feel a little better about doing it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's a better graph of the global temp..

Global Warming Pause Puts 'Crisis' In Perspective - Forbes

It's still shows an upward rise in overall temp from 1979 to 2014.

It's been known that we have had changes in the climate even before, but the change was so gradual that it took more than 1000 years to occur. What has been proposed was we are accelerating it. It's like your IRA or 401K, you look at it at a 10 year span, for this, you look at it at a 100 to 1000 year span.

I don't know why having information about this is creating such a big deal. It is for our own good. This is our place. Finding a way to keep this place a good place to live for later generations is always a good thing. So much hate when it comes to this. SMFH.

If people claim this or that and making a scam out of it, just what part was lost on your end? I didn't lose anything.
    Your first error is believing the lie that warming is a bad thing.

Your second is believing that man has anything to do with it.

Your third is believing that man can do anything about it, even if he were so inclined.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So, happygunner - what is the correct temperature the Earth should be at? Is it the temp it was during the time of the dinosaurs, when it was much warmer? Or when it was so warm Greenland was green and they grew grapes in England? Or when it was so cold that the River Thames froze solid?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    So, happygunner - what is the correct temperature the Earth should be at? Is it the temp it was during the time of the dinosaurs, when it was much warmer? Or when it was so warm Greenland was green and they grew grapes in England? Or when it was so cold that the River Thames froze solid?

Don't know really. For all I care, as long as it's habitable, then I'm good with it.

As for the following, I expected to these types of responses. I'll play along.

You have been pulled into the biggest wealth redistribution scam of this century.
    Carbon credits are nothing more than payoffs to keep polluting just to feel a little better about doing it.

So, you mean to say that you're exempted from this scam? If you are then do share on how to get away from this scam. If not, then you're worst than me, considering you totally knew that it's a scam and still fell for it.

Your first error is believing the lie that warming is a bad thing.

Your second is believing that man has anything to do with it.

Your third is believing that man can do anything about it, even if he were so inclined.

How can you prove that I'm wrong. I'm not doing the studies. I just read like you do. Maybe your sources are totally legitimate compared to what I've read that you strongly believe that it's other wise. Unless you did the studies yourself. For you to strongly believe that and say it like you personally gathered those data, then I rest my case, but if you just read it somewhere, then it could be as disputable as what I have read.

Care to elaborate as to why warming is good, why man is not part of accelerating the process and we can't do anything about it?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The factors, the intricacies, that all must work together to operate our climate are far beyond my level of education and understanding. But what I can do is look at the salesmen that are pushing this stuff. I can look at what they're proposing for mitigation and remediation. And when I do, I see snake oil salesmen and I see loss of liberty. I see that cheap energy is made to be expensive so that expensive energy seems cheap. I see a massive wealth redistribution schemes being proposed as ways to "help the poor" while helping to bankrupt Americans, killing off capitalism, driving manufacturing out of the USA, and being a horrendous drag on our economy. No thanks. I'm not buying it. I don't have to be a climatologist or read their reports to smell the world's largest long con.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The factors, the intricacies, that all must work together to operate our climate are far beyond my level of education and understanding. But what I can do is look at the salesmen that are pushing this stuff. I can look at what they're proposing for mitigation and remediation. And when I do, I see snake oil salesmen and I see loss of liberty. I see that cheap energy is made to be expensive so that expensive energy seems cheap. I see a massive wealth redistribution schemes being proposed as ways to "help the poor" while helping to bankrupt Americans, killing off capitalism, driving manufacturing out of the USA, and being a horrendous drag on our economy. No thanks. I'm not buying it. I don't have to be a climatologist or read their reports to smell the world's largest long con.

They have screwed themselves with their dire predictions. In the 70's we were told that we would all be dead from global cooling and the coming ice age. According to Algore, by now the polar ice caps would all be melted off, polar bears extinct and the coasts flooded. So even if they are right on some of it, at this point they have no credibility with anyone that pays attention to this stuff.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......... So, you mean to say that you're exempted from this scam? If you are then do share on how to get away from this scam. If not, then you're worst than me, considering you totally knew that it's a scam and still fell for it. .........................

No silly, I didn't fall for it. It has been forced upon me even thought I never voted for it.
    Getting away from the scam is not electing leftist douchebags to positions of power in the government.

You have not benefited from it and neither have I........ we have not got a "better" environment only a lighter wallet.
    The plan is to make our wallets MUCH lighter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They have screwed themselves with their dire predictions. In the 70's we were told that we would all be dead from global cooling and the coming ice age. According to Algore, by now the polar ice caps would all be melted off, polar bears extinct and the coasts flooded. So even if they are right on some of it, at this point they have no credibility with anyone that pays attention to this stuff.
    True. However, they had to. They had to make it sound dire or they knew nobody would care, they couldn't get governments to spend money propping up and subsidizing all their green energy fantasies. They did a good job. I have to give them credit. If only we had the money back we spent on subsidizing the Solendras and the extra money we're spending on electric bills.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    True. However, they had to. They had to make it sound dire or they knew nobody would care, they couldn't get governments to spend money propping up and subsidizing all their green energy fantasies. They did a good job. I have to give them credit. If only we had the money back we spent on subsidizing the Solendras and the extra money we're spending on electric bills.

But think of how much we helped the environment! It has to be a lot right?
    I picked up some trash blowing across the law this morning.... I saved the planet!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Clearly Happy is just stirring the pot and engaging in a little light trolling.

I prefer to think the best of people and this is the most positive conclusion I can reach.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

That's what always struck me as odd about the whole carbon credits thing. Pollution is bad! (Unless you pay me enough money to ignore it.)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How can you prove that I'm wrong. I'm not doing the studies. I just read like you do. Maybe your sources are totally legitimate compared to what I've read that you strongly believe that it's other wise. Unless you did the studies yourself. For you to strongly believe that and say it like you personally gathered those data, then I rest my case, but if you just read it somewhere, then it could be as disputable as what I have read.

Care to elaborate as to why warming is good, why man is not part of accelerating the process and we can't do anything about it?
    Historically speaking, global diversity has been highest when temps have been warmer, not cooler. Additionally, the cost, monetary and non-monetary, of a cooling planet will be far greater and detrimental that learning to live with warmer temps. Ag productivity will decrease, and that will come with all of the problems associated with decreased food production. Heating costs will necessarily skyrocket, both from a simply additive factor of requiring more days per year to heat homes and from the increased demand for heating resources.

The current temps are no where near the highest the earth has seen. Neither is the rate of acceleration for the tiny tidbit of time we are looking at. Man is a part of the system, so by definition, man's activities contribute to the factors affecting global climate. But there is ZERO evidence that man alone is solely responsible for the earth's warming. The underlying premise of the panic-ridden global warming crowd is that the earth's temp shouldn't be rising. That in itself is a fallacy since there is no value judgment in what happens naturally.

And there's no evidence that man can reverse the warming (assuming it were warming). To do so may require manipulation of the environment with very unintended consequences. Man has a very poor history of "fixing" things he messes up.

Top Bottom