• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The most indicative sign that the left has won the culture is when people think buying conspiracy theories makes you far-right. Having a functioning brain and looking logically at issues doesn't make you centerists guys. We've allowed the left to make cartoons (like Ron Swanson) of anyone who wants to be left alone.

I don't think Covid is a giant conspiracy, and I don't think Holcomb is secretly making millions on selling masks. I think people are generally fond of increasing their own power, whether they are republicans or democrats. So the only logical choice we have to continue any semblance of individual freedom is to eliminate the centralization of power in federal and state governments. Of course, that's a big uphill battle. Because when people elect "their guy" they want him to push through all "their wish lists" using whatever tactics possible. Of course this is totally fine until the other guy gets in office. If you elect a king, you'll get a king.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    All I'll say is that I wake up every day grateful Gretchen Whitmer isn't our Governor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have covered this. Holcomb did not usurp anything. The General Assembly, overwhelmingly, gave him said authority. Note the General Assembly did not ask for a special session and did not pressure their leaders to do so. Oh, sure they were quick with photos of guns and Constitutions but did nothing to stop the tyrant Governor as he sought to destroy meye ryyyeeettts.

What would healthcare worker JTScribe do?
    Would you knock it off with the “ryyyeeettts” nonsense? It’s a cry made of straw, and it’s retarded. Just argue the ***damn points. Yes the legislature mistakenly gave the governor pretty broad power to declare emergencies and execute extraordinary emergency orders. Doesn’t mean he should.

What would I do? Deal with it when it’s a real ass emergency. 8 months in, it’s no longer an emergency, by definition. It’s a long term problem. I think maybe after 6 weeks or so I’d have worked with the legislature to figure out what needs to happen going forward. Possibly during the emergency, I may have restricted some things. Full on lockdowns, no. Full on mask mandates, no. On the masks, businesses are free to require them.

Or I could do a Kirk and make a ridiculous claim about your point of view: Ahhhh!!! He’s not advocating authoritarian control! Run for your lives!!! :runaway: He’s not forcing people to wear masks!!! :runaway: He’s not forcing businesses closed!!! :runaway:

Or, better, you could just talk to people. Reason with them. Maybe you can’t reason with everyone, but so what? Yer not getting anywhere with the “ryyyeeettts” crap. Sometimes you do just stick to the points. And you can makes some good points. But then snarky Kirk comes out and it just ****s all that up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sure, screaming about "meye ryyyeeets" to lick door knobs and be upset because a woman told us to wash our hands and not spit on each other does not help, but one still has a right to shout.

I just want to put them in the big chair and have them decide what to do about a Global Pandemic.

I have all the invective about Holcomb and "that woman", sometimes in my office, but I want INGO to lay out what they would do. I hear yelling but no one has an alternative. I am listening.

An alternative? How about the governor minding his own damn business?

I wonder how much he is getting paid for helping the likes of Besos as well as the manufacturers producing masks in Indiana

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Would you knock it off with the “ryyyeeettts” nonsense? It’s a cry made of straw, and it’s retarded. Just argue the ***damn points. Yes the legislature mistakenly gave the governor pretty broad power to declare emergencies and execute extraordinary emergency orders. Doesn’t mean he should.

What would I do? Deal with it when it’s a real ass emergency. 8 months in, it’s no longer an emergency, by definition. It’s a long term problem. I think maybe after 6 weeks or so I’d have worked with the legislature to figure out what needs to happen going forward. Possibly during the emergency, I may have restricted some things. Full on lockdowns, no. Full on mask mandates, no. On the masks, businesses are free to require them.

Or I could do a Kirk and make a ridiculous claim about your point of view: Ahhhh!!! He’s not advocating authoritarian control! Run for your lives!!! :runaway: He’s not forcing people to wear masks!!! :runaway: He’s not forcing businesses closed!!! :runaway:

Or, better, you could just talk to people. Reason with them. Maybe you can’t reason with everyone, but so what? Yer not getting anywhere with the “ryyyeeettts” crap. Sometimes you do just stick to the points. And you can makes some good points. But then snarky Kirk comes out and it just ****s all that up.

The people who hire Freeman to represent them must never read his INGO posts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I wonder how much he is getting paid for helping the likes of Besos as well as the manufacturers producing masks in Indiana

source.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a place where sane people can meet and even resolve not to think the other is crazy even if far from agreement. It's not a terrible thing to try to find that place. We could decide to be the first not to have utter contempt for the other.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is a place where sane people can meet and even resolve not to think the other is crazy even if far from agreement. It's not a terrible thing to try to find that place. We could decide to be the first not to have utter contempt for the other.

Come'on, there are something that are so outlandish that the only reply is an eye roll, or "bless your heart" (depending on your location).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Come'on, there are something that are so outlandish that the only reply is an eye roll, or "bless your heart" (depending on your location).

Sometimes people think things that are far out there because they don't understand things the same way. So help them understand. Then if they still hold that outlandish opinion, you know there is not place where sane people can meet between the two. Or, maybe it's not them? For example, maybe it's okay to think the Governor is overstepping authority. That's not to say he doesn't have the authority given to him legally by legislature. I think just because he has the authority doesn't mean he should use it to its fullest. And it's not outside of that sane place to think that a different governor might be more responsible about wielding extraordinary authority.

For example, I'm pretty sure Kirk is sane. There probably is a place where we could both meet where I don't think he's an arrogant *******, and he doesn't think I'm a "muh ryyyeeettts" idiot, for holding the views we hold.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I should know better. Outlandish conspiracies are more interesting than the boring truth...and that shouldn't surprise me.

Well, that's just how people sometimes react to people who belittle them and their points of view. Didn't HAVE to do that. But chose to. And thus the reaction, reasonable or not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, that's just how people sometimes react to people who belittle them and their points of view. Didn't HAVE to do that. But chose to. And thus the reaction, reasonable or not.

Welcome to INGO, you must be new here. ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The most indicative sign that the left has won the culture is when people think buying conspiracy theories makes you far-right. Having a functioning brain and looking logically at issues doesn't make you centerists guys. We've allowed the left to make cartoons (like Ron Swanson) of anyone who wants to be left alone.

I don't think Covid is a giant conspiracy, and I don't think Holcomb is secretly making millions on selling masks. I think people are generally fond of increasing their own power, whether they are republicans or democrats. So the only logical choice we have to continue any semblance of individual freedom is to eliminate the centralization of power in federal and state governments. Of course, that's a big uphill battle. Because when people elect "their guy" they want him to push through all "their wish lists" using whatever tactics possible. Of course this is totally fine until the other guy gets in office. If you elect a king, you'll get a king.

Full disclosure: I don't know jack about what really drives any politician (because I tried only to be involved with them when I had to), but I can say, based on my professional years, that I always wanted control of a project commensurate with my responsibility. If management wanted me to be totally responsible for the outcome, I wanted total control (to the extent possible) of the decision making.

It seems possible that this could also be one of the things driving politicians to want to call the shots, that the amorphous 'legislature' doesn't share in the blame when things go wrong to the extent the point man, in this case the governor, does. That of course presupposes the governor actually has any organizational chops and/or good advisors, but I'm not sure your garden variety elected official necessarily is driven purely by some lust for power for it's own sake (with notable exceptions)

Top Bottom