• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    His handling of the COVID situation is right-of-center. Easiest way to tell is to compare him to the actions of governors who are leftists/left-leaning. He's not all the way right, but certainly right of center.

His handling of tax policy - which you might consider in the same category as the chamber - has been right-ist.

He's pretty much left stuff alone. That's enough for him to be right-of-center to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    2020 has left me with a shocking and awful realization- I, myself, am centrist-right. I had always thought that I was very right...but then the right started in on the conspiracies and "everything is tyranny".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    2020 has left me with a shocking and awful realization- I, myself, am centrist-right. I had always thought that I was very right...but then the right started in on the conspiracies and "everything is tyranny".

I still think we're more right than center-right. I'm more right than Holcomb, personally. But yeah, more people seem to be extreme right than I remember.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I still think we're more right than center-right. I'm more right than Holcomb, personally. But yeah, more people seem to be extreme right than I remember.

I think you're right...which makes me feel a bit better. Maybe I'm on the right, but I can see the center from where I am...in the distance...and I never call people "sheeple" which makes it hard for me to see the far right from here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Of course they do. The worthless SOB IS a center-left Democrat who managed to take root in the GOP. His two issues are the Chamber of Commerce and homosexuals, and the two frequently overlap.

My suspicion is that his push for masks revolves around the 5 or so Indiana manufacturers producing large quantities of them and big internet retailers who want to squash local retailers for good.

Holcomb weak tea response to Covid has been markedly tame compared to Governors in other states.

Just what would you have him do, or perhaps not do? If INGO was Governor what would INGO do?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Holcomb weak tea response to Covid has been markedly tame compared to Governors in other states.

Just what would you have him do, or perhaps not do? If INGO was Governor what would INGO do?

To me, that in and of itself is a big point- INGO isn't the governor and many are simply shouting epithets from the cheap seats. I don't envy the people who have to make these decisions and I'm going to give them a lot of leeway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To me, that in and of itself is a big point- INGO isn't the governor and many are simply shouting epithets from the cheap seats. I don't envy the people who have to make these decisions and I'm going to give them a lot of leeway.

Sure, screaming about "meye ryyyeeets" to lick door knobs and be upset because a woman told us to wash our hands and not spit on each other does not help, but one still has a right to shout.

I just want to put them in the big chair and have them decide what to do about a Global Pandemic.

I have all the invective about Holcomb and "that woman", sometimes in my office, but I want INGO to lay out what they would do. I hear yelling but no one has an alternative. I am listening.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It is 2020, it is always time to start drinking. Also, America means guns and Constitution photos.
    gun-control-US-constitution.jpeg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Notice nobody ever sets a Glock on the constitution. A Glock would burn like a vampire doused in holy water
    haha, there are a TON of pics of glocks. I'm just trying to use antique firearms. There are lots of other terrible guns too. I've not seen a hi-point yet though thankfully.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure, screaming about "meye ryyyeeets" to lick door knobs and be upset because a woman told us to wash our hands and not spit on each other does not help, but one still has a right to shout.

I just want to put them in the big chair and have them decide what to do about a Global Pandemic.

I have all the invective about Holcomb and "that woman", sometimes in my office, but I want INGO to lay out what they would do. I hear yelling but no one has an alternative. I am listening.

From what I gather, the answer would seem to be: "nothing"...maybe lob ICBMs at China.... but I don't want to speak for someone else.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

My main complaints about Holcomb are the fact that he continues to usurp what, by all rights, should be the authority of the legislature. I'm generally opposed to one person holding all political power for an extended period of time. As far as his actual actions, I'm a healthcare worker so none of the lockdowns, etc., impacted me in any real way other than to make it a PITA to get a good cup of coffee before work. Threatening to jail people for not wearing masks was a dick move, but to his credit he pulled back after he realized there was little appetite for that nonsense.

Honestly, I disliked Holcomb BEFORE the lockdown and he's done nothing to garner himself any more affection.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My main complaints about Holcomb are the fact that he continues to usurp what, by all rights, should be the authority of the legislature.

We have covered this. Holcomb did not usurp anything. The General Assembly, overwhelmingly, gave him said authority. Note the General Assembly did not ask for a special session and did not pressure their leaders to do so. Oh, sure they were quick with photos of guns and Constitutions but did nothing to stop the tyrant Governor as he sought to destroy meye ryyyeeettts.

What would healthcare worker JTScribe do?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We have covered this. Holcomb did not usurp anything. The General Assembly, overwhelmingly, gave him said authority. Note the General Assembly did not ask for a special session and did not pressure their leaders to do so. Oh, sure they were quick with photos of guns and Constitutions but did nothing to stop the tyrant Governor as he sought to destroy meye ryyyeeettts.

What would healthcare worker JTScribe do?

My understanding is that the General Assembly now recognizes that they ceded too much authority and will be correcting that once they have an opportunity. I can't say why they didn't call for a special session; probably a lack of a desire to Blue Falcon a governor of the same party as the majority.

Holcomb isn't Cuomo - he didn't make any major mistakes in his handling, TBH. I think he probably could have emphasized protecting those most vulnerable more quickly than he did, but at least he wasn't forcibly pushing infected people into nursing homes. He's had the National Guard handling food distribution. I think they'd have been better served assisting at medical facilities, and we might have saved some lives in the nursing homes, but that's a small quibble.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    His handling of the COVID situation is right-of-center. Easiest way to tell is to compare him to the actions of governors who are leftists/left-leaning. He's not all the way right, but certainly right of center.

His handling of tax policy - which you might consider in the same category as the chamber - has been right-ist.

He's pretty much left stuff alone. That's enough for him to be right-of-center to me.

The center line keeps moving. By today's standards, Bill Clinton is right of center.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My understanding is that the General Assembly now recognizes that they ceded too much authority and will be correcting that once they have an opportunity. I can't say why they didn't call for a special session; probably a lack of a desire to Blue Falcon a governor of the same party as the majority.

Holcomb isn't Cuomo - he didn't make any major mistakes in his handling, TBH. I think he probably could have emphasized protecting those most vulnerable more quickly than he did, but at least he wasn't forcibly pushing infected people into nursing homes. He's had the National Guard handling food distribution. I think they'd have been better served assisting at medical facilities, and we might have saved some lives in the nursing homes, but that's a small quibble.

That's kinda where I'm at.

There are specific issues with Holcomb's handling of the overall emergency, but at least he was trying to balance the role of government in a pandemic. Some other governors did not appear to care about that at all.

He was trying his best, as lame as that may sound.

Top Bottom