• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You could try impeaching him, preferrably just after he implements more poorly thought out restrictions at the behest of unelected bureaucrats. Just saying :)

It is recommended you like your lieutenant governor just in case you succeed (ours is a tool)

Who CAN him? I'm pretty sure impeachment works much the same way as it does federally. The state house has to draw it up, then present it to the Senate, where there's a trial. And then a vote. It's not like *I* can impeach the mother****er. Okay, so then the question becomes, who WOULD impeach him? Even with Rainwater winning a respectable honorable mention in Indiana, Holcomb won a landslide over all challengers. It wasn't even close to being close. Ain't no Indiana Republican going to even mention impeachment. The mandate is pretty clear. The people have spoken. Not much else we can do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seriously.... how do we try?

1. I need more bourbon.

2. There is no such provision under the Indiana Constitution for recalling a Governor.

3. Your opportunity was the first Tuesday in November. You failed, horribly.

4. You could maybe, just maybe, and I know this is INGO so this I am going out on a limb with my reason and studied behavior, but you COULD write your State Rep and state Senator and ask them to re-write the enabling legislation, IC 10-14-3-12 that you find objectionable or . . . you could post photos of guns and Constitutions as has been tried so far. Maybe, just maybe, a legislative approach would accomplish more? Just thinking outside the box here.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Things to bring up with the Indiana General Assembly who gave the Governor the power, many years ago, that you now complain of:

1. Time limits for emergency declarations and limits on Governor ability to continue them ad infinitum.

2. Legislative review of emergency declarations after 60, 90, 120, etc. days.

3. Exempting out the areas that the Governor may impact and leave the County Board of Health more discretion in the case of pandemics.

4. OR . . . how more pictures of guns and Constitutions will be effective on social media.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    more pictures of guns and Constitutions will be effective on social media.

:+1:

I support this idea!

constitution_gun-300x225.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Recall...of a governor who, less than 1 month ago won reelection by over 20%.

Good luck with that.....and there is no recall in Indiana, which only makes it slightly more unrealistic.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Recall...of a governor who, less than 1 month ago won reelection by over 20%.

Good luck with that.....and there is no recall in Indiana, which only makes it slightly more unrealistic.

INGO: The Constitution must be followed!

Also INGO: we must do things that are not provided for in the Constitution because a Governor is acting in accordance with the law and I want to . . . I don't know but I don't want the Governor telling me not to lick door knobs as the death rate has doubled and shows no sign of slowing and that woman is telling me NO so . . . recall! Vote Rainwater 2020.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. Kirk. Are you saying that our tyrannical overlords actually provided a mechanism to make them less tyrannical?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait. Kirk. Are you saying that our tyrannical overlords actually provided a mechanism to make them less tyrannical?

But, muh, muh Rainwater!

If only people would focus instead of running off like puppies chasing cats. Maybe, just maybe, and I know this sounds strange for INGO, but people COULD contact their representatives, you know the people that GAVE this power to the Governor, and ask them to re-exam said power.

It is as if they are completely focused on the wrong branch of government. Muh, muh Rainwater!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Recall and referendums (referenda?) are not great developments in governance- I'm pretty pleased that Indiana has neither.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    INGO: The Constitution must be followed!

Also INGO: we must do things that are not provided for in the Constitution because a Governor is acting in accordance with the law and I want to . . . I don't know but I don't want the Governor telling me not to lick door knobs as the death rate has doubled and shows no sign of slowing and that woman is telling me NO so . . . recall! Vote Rainwater 2024.

Fixed it for you.

Also...
    american-flag-constitution-flintlock-pistol-red-bible-and-gold-cross-picture-id579151698

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    How dare you people! How dare you? This is INGO!

The thread has turned both informative and hilarious.

(looks for bottle of bourbon)

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    1. I need more bourbon.

2. There is no such provision under the Indiana Constitution for recalling a Governor.

3. Your opportunity was the first Tuesday in November. You failed, horribly.

4. You could maybe, just maybe, and I know this is INGO so this I am going out on a limb with my reason and studied behavior, but you COULD write your State Rep and state Senator and ask them to re-write the enabling legislation, IC 10-14-3-12 that you find objectionable or . . . you could post photos of guns and Constitutions as has been tried so far. Maybe, just maybe, a legislative approach would accomplish more? Just thinking outside the box here.

I don't know that that's a fair point, TBH. From the voting numbers it looks like a hell of a lot of Democrats voted for someone other than their guy. And I doubt many of them went to Rainwater.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know that that's a fair point, TBH. From the voting numbers it looks like a hell of a lot of Democrats voted for someone other than their guy. And I doubt many of them went to Rainwater.

I know several centrist Dems who think Holcomb has done a good job. I'm not surprised at all that many Hoosier Dems would vote for him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know several centrist Dems who think Holcomb has done a good job. I'm not surprised at all that many Hoosier Dems would vote for him.

Of course they do. The worthless SOB IS a center-left Democrat who managed to take root in the GOP. His two issues are the Chamber of Commerce and homosexuals, and the two frequently overlap.

My suspicion is that his push for masks revolves around the 5 or so Indiana manufacturers producing large quantities of them and big internet retailers who want to squash local retailers for good.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Holcomb is a centrist Republican. Like most voters in Indiana. (Even the Dems.) ;)

Top Bottom