• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1 in 558 people have died in New York state? That is 40K deaths in New York state. Have that many people died out there?

*Edit* Google says 30K.

Yes. 1:558 is accurate. Their deaths per million population (1790) is second to NJ, which has 1953 deaths per million. I think the bulk of those tallies are from when they insisted on putting covid patients in nursing homes to pad their bed numbers so that the politicians could smell better than they actually do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What was I saying back in March?

Trump has presided over the end of school shootings and a great improvement in the condition of Social Security!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    19.45 million (NY population per Google) divided by 34,829 (today's New York tally per Worldometers) is 558.

Worldometers conveniently lists lots of stats about covid broken down by country, and within the US, broken down by states. Drilling into the NY graphs, the "death" graph shows something interesting. There's a very steep slope between March and May that accounts for 30K deaths. I mean. That's astonishing. Framing it like Kirk, THAT'S Cuomo personally killing old people in nursing homes. But, between May and now, less than 5K deaths in a state of 19.45 million people. That's pretty astonishing too.

Now, about ND, they're having a tough time with it now, no doubt about that. They rank 8th among states in deaths per million. Cases spked, deaths spiked. It's not a good showing compared with most other states. SD isn't much better. I'm not making any qualitative statements about policies. It's just the stats. ND also has a sharp decrease in active cases in the 3 or 4 weeks. They've cut in half. Their cumulative deaths haven't reflected that yet, but I'd expect their new deaths will dramatically decrease.

ND mandated masks and other restrictions in mid November. Again, I'm not making any suggestions about policy. I don't favor mandates. It just is what it is.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Worldometers conveniently lists lots of stats about covid broken down by country, and within the US, broken down by states. Drilling into the NY graphs, the "death" graph shows something interesting. There's a very steep slope between March and May that accounts for 30K deaths. I mean. That's astonishing. Framing it like Kirk, THAT'S Cuomo personally killing old people in nursing homes. But, between May and now, less than 5K deaths in a state of 19.45 million people. That's pretty astonishing too.

Now, about ND, they're having a tough time with it now, no doubt about that. They rank 8th among states in deaths per million. Cases spked, deaths spiked. It's not a good showing compared with most other states. SD isn't much better. I'm not making any qualitative statements about policies. It's just the stats. ND also has a sharp decrease in active cases in the 3 or 4 weeks. They've cut in half. Their cumulative deaths haven't reflected that yet, but I'd expect their new deaths will dramatically decrease.

ND mandated masks and other restrictions in mid November. Again, I'm not making any suggestions about policy. I don't favor mandates. It just is what it is.

That's good they are showing a decrease but the stats show they aren't doing that bad, their crude mortality is at .001 or .1% and their CFR is .012 where the national CFR is .019. There's no question that ND leads in rates of corona infections but their pretty low numbers of deaths relatively speaking gives them a good CFR but it's just a numbers game. Their low population conversely raises their mortality. I haven't really paid attention to what ND has done during covid but if they've largely done nothing I can see why the haters would start targeting them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's good they are showing a decrease but the stats show they aren't doing that bad, their crude mortality is at .001 or .1% and their CFR is .012 where the national CFR is .019. There's no question that ND leads in rates of corona infections but their pretty low numbers of deaths relatively speaking gives them a good CFR but it's just a numbers game. Their low population conversely raises their mortality. I haven't really paid attention to what ND has done during covid but if they've largely done nothing I can see why the haters would start targeting them.

Hold on. Their deaths are NOT relatively good. They're something like 8th on the leader board in terms of deaths per 1M people.

Something that we have to admit, their cases have been spiking, and have now dramatically decreased, after the governor gave in and mandated masks. I mean. We could play some numbers games where we claim the number was going down anyway. That's a game for people who want technical victories. I don't know if it was because of increased mask wearing. It looks like it flattened out. And could have been going down anyway. But the bulk of the sharp downward trend happened after the mandate. It would take more analysis and data that I don't have to figure out which factors might have caused that. So I have to leave it open. Yeah. It could have been increased mask usage because of the mandate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

See? Proves my point. There's a one word reply. If I were INGO, I would expect that some of INGO's idiosyncrasies would enter my own writing patterns. it would not just be several paragraphs of my drivel. It would also be much more Trumperian in content. Something like this:

Trump Ipsum is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslim text entering your website.

You have so many different things placeholder text has to be able to do, and I don't believe Lorem Ipsum has the stamina. You’re disgusting. I think the only difference between me and the other placeholder text is that I’m more honest and my words are more beautiful. Look at that text! Would anyone use that? Can you imagine that, the text of your next webpage?!

I’m the best thing that ever happened to placeholder text. Look at these words. Are they small words? And he referred to my words - if they're small, something else must be small. I guarantee you there's no problem, I guarantee. My placeholder text, I think, is going to end up being very good with women. He’s not a word hero. He’s a word hero because he was captured. I like text that wasn’t captured.

An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s placeholder text is a fraud. The concept of Lorem Ipsum was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. design jobs non-competitive. All of the words in Lorem Ipsum have flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.

Lorem Ipsum is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why it’s former users left it for something else. They made a good decision. Despite the constant negative ipsum covfefe. I think the only card she has is the Lorem card. This placeholder text is gonna be HUGE.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    See? Proves my point. There's a one word reply. If I were INGO, I would expect that some of INGO's idiosyncrasies would enter my own writing patterns. it would not just be several paragraphs of my drivel. It would also be much more Trumperian in content. Something like this:

Trump Ipsum is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslim text entering your website.

You have so many different things placeholder text has to be able to do, and I don't believe Lorem Ipsum has the stamina. You’re disgusting. I think the only difference between me and the other placeholder text is that I’m more honest and my words are more beautiful. Look at that text! Would anyone use that? Can you imagine that, the text of your next webpage?!

I’m the best thing that ever happened to placeholder text. Look at these words. Are they small words? And he referred to my words - if they're small, something else must be small. I guarantee you there's no problem, I guarantee. My placeholder text, I think, is going to end up being very good with women. He’s not a word hero. He’s a word hero because he was captured. I like text that wasn’t captured.

An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s placeholder text is a fraud. The concept of Lorem Ipsum was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. design jobs non-competitive. All of the words in Lorem Ipsum have flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.

Lorem Ipsum is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why it’s former users left it for something else. They made a good decision. Despite the constant negative ipsum covfefe. I think the only card she has is the Lorem card. This placeholder text is gonna be HUGE.

:rofl: for a one word post that was the best return-on-investment I ever got:hehe:

Top Bottom