• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, if you can weaken or repeal the three day rule then you have a defacto gun waiting period/gun ban. I'd be interested to know if one type of weapon is more likely to be delayed than another ( say an AR or AK purchase ). They can't be blanket denying purchases or the hue and cry would be much greater.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oregon moving to deny gun purchases??

Do we have any further evidence or is this just one guy kvetching?

Why would the Oregon State Police work to undermind the law by behaving such as this? The law only passed by a few votes in the Oregon House. Are you saying this is some sort of conspiracy by the OSP to have the new statute abolished?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Why would the Oregon State Police work to undermind the law by behaving such as this? The law only passed by a few votes in the Oregon House. Are you saying this is some sort of conspiracy by the OSP to have the new statute abolished?

This IS Oregon, part of the left coast hippiedom...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most of Oregon doesn't agree with the left.

You see, I hear this all the time, so how is it that the left is in charge.

People who are for themselves. They believe in their own liberty and free stuff.

To believe in "personal" liberty is to reject the politicians promises of free stuff.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana

I am just the messenger.

If this is true he should be heard. This is the first I have heard of it, but that kind of goes along with the first Pinto to burst into flames, the first asbestos worker to develop a cough, or not hearing about the Titanic until it sunk. There is always a first. We should listen and keep this in mind in case we here of this again, correct?

"Are you saying this is some sort of conspiracy" no, but I do say 2 months (11/27/15 to 1/23/16 and counting) is a little long to wait for an answer, think not? Maybe it's just OSP work overload, who knows, but if there is a problem there should be an announcement.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I was in Oregon after the holidays visiting my brother. Basically there's portland and the rest of the state is rural and conservative-ish.

So kinda like Indiana/Indianapolis? Pretty conservative except for a certain family in the Indianapolis district that gets voted for for no other reason than the family name? (OK, and one other reason)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am just the messenger.

If this is true he should be heard. This is the first I have heard of it, but that kind of goes along with the first Pinto to burst into flames, the first asbestos worker to develop a cough, or not hearing about the Titanic until it sunk. There is always a first. We should listen and keep this in mind in case we here of this again, correct?

"Are you saying this is some sort of conspiracy" no, but I do say 2 months (11/27/15 to 1/23/16 and counting) is a little long to wait for an answer, think not? Maybe it's just OSP work overload, who knows, but if there is a problem there should be an announcement.

He's asking, probably because we've gotten worked up over a story before, only to find out it wasn't quite as stated.
    He's not accusing you of making it up, at least I don't think he is.

Just good to hear independent confirmation.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers

I wish that was true, but I'm a native Oregonian and unfortunately most of the people in Oregon are slightly to the left of Castro. The Willamette Valley (Portland, Salem, Eugene) has 70% of the people. The rest of the state might have conservatives but the state is politically worse than California.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I grew up just north of Portland, Oregon in the 90s. I am not surprised by this in the slightest. Once upon a time, Washington and Oregon were extrememly red states politically. In the 90s you had California liberals moving north in a general migration. I don't know what the reason for it was, it just happened. Now, those liberals dominate in Portland, Vancouver, Tacoma, Seattle, etc. The liberal population explosion coupled with sparsely populated rural areas, those two states are becoming more and more liberal by the year. It is very much like what is happening in Colorado.

The West Coast rural folks are fiercely conservative but are outnumbered by the liberals in the cities. Indiana is saved somewhat from that craziness because of how many people live in the rural parts of the state. I left Washington in 96 and the state was beginning to become a battleground state even back then. My parents recently returned to our old stomping grounds and were amazed at how things have changed. They told me that there is a tremendous amount of resentment from rural conservatives at what the California liberals have done to Washington and Oregon's politics. The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous but I wouldn't want to return and make a home there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    .... In the 90s you had California liberals moving north in a general migration. I don't know what the reason for it was, it just happened. ........It is very much like what is happening in Colorado.
    The West Coast rural folks are fiercely conservative but are outnumbered by the liberals in the cities.

It's the same thing that happened to upstate NY where I grew up. When they can sell their 2 bedroom house in the valley for $750k or their 800sq-ft furnished closet in Manhattan for $1million they leverage that to move to the 'country' and live large. But when they move to the country the people aren't what they are used to (they have common sense and conservative values) so they and others like them begin the task of remaking the countryside in the image of what they left, just with better views. The Adirondacks are infested with them

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's just another battleground in the war between rural and urban America. Urbanites want to impose urban sensibilities onto rural communities.

Top Bottom