I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My oh my are we getting touchy in here.

Just knock off with the silly crap.

Are we all in the same group/side or do you guys just want to throw some hands to let off some steam.
    A good smack down.....?????

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think we all know that the rally at the Virginia state house wasn’t going to do anything to change these tyrants’ minds. We can only hope it helps the long game including upcoming elections. If not, the only solution for the good folks caught up in this will be either to flee to a free state or that which cannot be discussed here.

I do believe some of the more radical proposals like an AWB may have been tabled for now due to public pressure and the Lobby Day rally.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My point of view is that the Lobby day had no effect on the current Va Gubmint, On that I agree with Brad.

My hope is that it will have an effect on future elections.

This is not just happening in VA, but all over the country. Lobby days need to pop up all over and people will take notice.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My point of view is that the Lobby day had no effect on the current Va Gubmint, On that I agree with Brad.

My hope is that it will have an effect on future elections.

This is not just happening in VA, but all over the country. Lobby days need to pop up all over and people will take notice.

^^^I heard that there is suppose to be something like that down in Frankfort KY tomorrow or this weekend??
    Anybody know???

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    ^^^I heard that there is suppose to be something like that down in Frankfort KY tomorrow or this weekend??
    Anybody know???
    I think we’ve passed the point of “lobby days”. It’s a sad day for the Republic. **** everyone that pulls the D lever.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Anybody know???
    Today (friday) 9 to 3, by We are KY Gun Owners, protesting among other things, the proposal to roll back permitless carry which was adopted last year.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think we all know that the rally at the Virginia state house wasn’t going to do anything to change these tyrants’ minds. We can only hope it helps the long game including upcoming elections. If not, the only solution for the good folks caught up in this will be either to flee to a free state or that which cannot be discussed here.

I do believe some of the more radical proposals like an AWB may have been tabled for now due to public pressure and the Lobby Day rally.
    Wait, so it did do something to change the tyrants minds, or at least their actions, even if in the smallest way?

I will stand on the side that it did do something, at the very least let fellow gun owners know that we are not alone, that there is a chance that we may not be in the minority, because once you accept that, the defeatist attitude takes over, the offense is done playing. Thats why I don't buy the argument that a few are making on here that VA has gone all blue, I don't believe we know that, we just know that the left got out and voted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait, so it did do something to change the tyrants minds, or at least their actions, even if in the smallest way?

I will stand on the side that it did do something, at the very least let fellow gun owners know that we are not alone, that there is a chance that we may not be in the minority, because once you accept that, the defeatist attitude takes over, the offense is done playing. Thats why I don't buy the argument that a few are making on here that VA has gone all blue, I don't believe we know that, we just know that the left got out and voted.

I don't think there are people here saying it did nothing at all. It's that it's not going to have an immediate affect on people already in office. Of course, if it causes the AWB bill roadbumps, good on it. But I think the biggest way it affects the future is more long term as a way of uniting gun owners with people who aren't necessarily gun owners, but who are otherwise sympathetic to the real purpose of the 2A.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    “In Virginia, they want to take your guns away it’s just the beginning. Never going to happen as long as I’m President of the United States, that I can tell you.” President Trump 01/28/2020

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    “In Virginia, they want to take your guns away it’s just the beginning. Never going to happen as long as I’m President of the United States, that I can tell you.” President Trump 01/28/2020
    C’mon man that’s a state deal not a Trump deal, why don’t you go ahead and vote Bernie/Biden/Warren.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gun, magazine, and suppressor ban is on the agenda for a vote in the House Public Safety Committee Friday morning.

EQHhYEiWAAEBF9a

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’m granting permanent Second Amendment Sanctuary status to anything and everything I currently legally own.

NOT ONE MORE FRACTION OF AN INCH.

Top Bottom