• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Blackface KKK Northam and his newly-elected band of traitors are overreaching big time. We can only hope there is a big enough uprising at the polls to reverse the damage they are in the process of doing...

As time goes by, Matthew Bracken’s trilogy Enemies Foreign and Domestic becomes less and less far-fetched. Gov. Northam might be well-advised to read it. Virginia, with its proximity to the District of Columbia, plays a prominent role.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't say this often, but OMG.

The stuff said in the video (the one being talked about in the video, not the video itself)...

[video=youtube;saW-4aG9N7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saW-4aG9N7k[/video]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Just so y’all know this passed thru the safety committee VA and will be signed into law without doubt.

1. Universal Background Checks
    2. Red Flag Protective Orders
    3. One handgun a month
    4. Reporting Lost/Stolen guns
    5. Local Auth.-ban guns-gov buildings
    6. Children’s Access protections
    7. Protective orders & firearms

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just so y’all know this passed thru the safety committee VA and will be signed into law without doubt.

1. Universal Background Checks
    2. Red Flag Protective Orders
    3. One handgun a month
    4. Reporting Lost/Stolen guns
    5. Local Auth.-ban guns-gov buildings
    6. Children’s Access protections
    7. Protective orders & firearms

No offense, but you sure seem to be putting a lot of work into your "told you so." Haven't you maybe told us that "you were right" on this enough? :dunno:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I guess Your right I should be quite.

Should I ask permission before posting a update on VA laws that are being passed?

How are laws being passed in VA provide proof I am right or wrong?

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess Your right I should be quite.

Should I ask permission before posting a update on VA laws that are being passed?

How are laws being passed in VA provide proof I am right or wrong?

Your delivery rubs folks the wrong way. Makes me wonder whose side you’re on sometimes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The protest may not have stopped it, but it had to be done.

Do you tell women not to get restraining orders (orders of protection), because they are just paper?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your delivery rubs folks the wrong way. Makes me wonder whose side you’re on sometimes.
    What? An opinion contrary to yours about the effects of the VA Lobby Day rally rubs you the wrong way? I don’t see a problem with being of the opinion that, despite the success of the rally, it’s a net loss because VA still has the statehouse and legislature and they’re still passing laws that infringe on constitutional rights.

While I disagree with that opinion, in that I think the Lobby Day event was a definite win for gun rights in the court of public opinion and will have long term benefits that mitigate the short term losses in these egregious gun laws, his opinion is reasonable and it certainly doesn’t rub me the wrong way. And it certainly doesn’t make me wonder which side he’s on. He’s made it clear he doesn’t agree with these laws being past. C’mon man. How then can his opinion be construed in such a way that makes you wonder if he’s on their side?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Xb9kUfD.jpg

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    the Lobby Day event was a definite win for gun rights in the court of public

What? An opinion contrary to yours about the effects of the VA Lobby Day rally rubs you the wrong way? I don’t see a problem with being of the opinion that, despite the success of the rally, it’s a net loss because VA still has the statehouse and legislature and they’re still passing laws that infringe on constitutional rights.

While I disagree with that opinion, in that I think the Lobby Day event was a definite win for gun rights in the court of public opinion and will have long term benefits that mitigate the short term losses in these egregious gun laws, his opinion is reasonable and it certainly doesn’t rub me the wrong way. And it certainly doesn’t make me wonder which side he’s on. He’s made it clear he doesn’t agree with these laws being past. C’mon man. How then can his opinion be construed in such a way that makes you wonder if he’s on their side?

To me, this should be the wake up call for all of the other 'Free States" to avoid this happening here, or in their States.
    I do believe that there will be changes made (Anti- 2ND Amend politicians removed) in VA. next election...Bill.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I can tell you rigjt now CMS reimbursement is getting worst. Let that sink in before thinking about Medicare for all.

Most boomers elected medicare substitute insurance for lesser premiums, ehich is actually worst when time to claim or use the benefit. Healthcare problem is a lot deeper than most think.

For those on Medicare, Medicaid, or in the VA system there is definitely room for improvement but 'Medicare for all' is not it. One of the biggest problems with healthcare right now in this country is not the healthcare system but people, we are incredibly unhealthy which leads to compounding illnesses etc. The 'Affordable Care Act' definitely didn't help and was anything but affordable, with premiums as much as a mortgage and deductibles so high it meant you'd never actually access your insurance, it was largely useless. For those in their late teens or twenties especially if you're single you pretty much just need some sort of major medical policy, if you have a cold or some other minor ailment just pay the office fee etc.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    To me, this should be the wake up call for all of the other 'Free States" to avoid this happening here, or in their States.
    I do believe that there will be changes made (Anti- 2ND Amend politicians removed) in VA. next election...Bill.

I've said it before but that will be too little too late, the bills/laws they pass now will not likely ever get repealed. VA would have to have a monumental shift from the Governor on down to be able to get rid of these laws. A few dems might get taken down but the damage will be done.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Reread my post Jamil. I didn’t say his opinion rubs people the wrong way, I said his delivery did. He prefaced his post with “Just so y’all know...” which is a snarky way of saying “I told you so.”

I was going to let it go until his response to bwframe.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am not a “snarky” person really not sure what that means?

How about I state it differently?

Hey guy’s look what’s going on in VA?

Look what just passed committee in VA?

Select the one that does not offend !

I have no implied “told you so” did anyone here actually think that the Democrats were not going to pass the legislation that they won a election saying they would pass?

BTW
    It not just 2AD issues being passed VA is becoming a SJW paradise kinda like a east coast CA.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Reread my post Jamil. I didn’t say his opinion rubs people the wrong way, I said his delivery did. He prefaced his post with “Just so y’all know...” which is a snarky way of saying “I told you so.”

sorry. Not seeing it. I do see your posts that seem like you are butt hurt about something. Impartial observer here. I just tried to find the snark and I’m not seeing it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I kinda think that's a distinction without a difference. Why would that then make you wonder what side he's on? That part makes it more about the opinion than the delivery. The way I took his expressed opinion about the effects of the rally, it was more like hey, I think you guys are being overconfident about this rally's impact on the laws they've passed and the laws they'll continue to pass. And he's right about that. No talk of repealing anything and they're still passing ****ty laws.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that this is likely short term. Long term, I think the spectical of the obviously false narrative of the left about Lobby Day, could combine with other facts to make many people vote differently in the long term.

So it seems to me that you're taking "just so y'all know..." as sort of rubbing it in your face. Aren't there other ways you could reasonable take it?

I'm of the opinion that VA has turned more blue than red generally. The demographic data on the growing suburbs around DC and Norfolk explain that the election results. I'm also of the opinion that the Lobby Day rally was a success and will pay some longer term dividend. It's not going to impact any laws now. I think the long term dividend is that the spectacle of the obviously false narrative could combine with other facts to make many of the moderate folks who voted for Democrats to rethink. On the other hand some people on INGO are of the mind that the success of Lobby Day signaled that people have woken up. I don't see a reason that rationally supports that confidence. Maybe they can turn it around. But they'll have to overcome the sizeable new demographics to do that.

So then for the sake of the point, let's say the Democrats win big in the next VA election, and I post some demographic information that supports the view I have now, and I say, "just so y'all know..." will THAT rub you the wrong way? Will posting the facts make you think I'm on the other side, just because I begin with "just so y'all know"? It's fair when people disagree, to give evidence which supports their opinion. It's to give further evidence of what I believe reality is, and not in a "neener neener, you were wrong so yer double poopy" kind of way.

You don't have to take it as snark. So let's look at it the other way. If I end up being wrong, and Republicans turn it around, and you post some demographic information that supported your belief, and you start out with, "just so y'all know...", would you be snarking?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it could be part of a wakeup call. I think the primary wakeup call is how absurd the progressives have become on non-gun related issues. The part it plays here is the counter-narrative to "they're all white nationalists".

ETA: I don't share your confidence that the anti gun zealots will be removed from office. Demographic changes are what brought on that mess.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am not a “snarky” person really not sure what that means?

How about I state it differently?

Hey guy’s look what’s going on in VA?

Look what just passed committee in VA?

Select the one that does not offend !

I have no implied “told you so” did anyone here actually think that the Democrats were not going to pass the legislation that they won a election saying they would pass?

BTW
    It not just 2AD issues being passed VA is becoming a SJW paradise kinda like a east coast CA.

Maybe try throwing some puppy dog or kitten emoji's into your posts? :dunno: Look what unicorns have done for CM!!:laugh:

Top Bottom