• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Those are all great races and a segue to the Jimmy Johnson is about my third on the greatest list, not my greatest driver. I go Dale, Jeff, Jimmy. A couple of Jimmy championships would have likely been Jeff championships under the best driver points rules, he would have had 8. Dale and Jimmy ran under one major points system while Jeff was in two different major points systems and the latter years had many changes.
    Exactly. I think a couple of guys wouldve got another championship. Dale Jr in 04 (i think), Tony Stewart, and Jeff. Its sad really. They wanted to increase excitement and it backfired. They had 10+ million viewers when they changed the rules. Now they brag when they hit 4 million.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Here's some food for thought. Everyone agrees that Dale Sr. was a great driver and won many championships.
    But how many would he have won if not for the deaths of Alan Kulwicki, Davey Allison and Tim Richmond?
    Also what if Darrell Waltrip had stayed with Junior Johnson?
    All major changes in their prime.
    Thats a good point, but that question can be asked about anything really. How many would Petty have if he never got in his bad wreck? Would Dale Jr have 1 if he stayed at DEI? If Chad Knaus kept working under Ray Evernham and stayed with the 24, would Jeff have gotten the championships that Jimmie got?

What I always wonder is, how many would Richard Petty and Dale Sr. have gotten under the new playoff rules? Would they have 7? Or would they have gotten screwed in the final race or a mechanical failure cost them an entire season of hard work?

The new point system is trash, and obviously 10 million ex fans agree that the new Nascar is garbage.

Look on youtube. The old races have 3 times the amount of views as the races from the past few years. People loved the old Nascar. Now its full of liberal spoiled kids that dont know what a day of hard work is.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The funniest part is Nascar is toting “an increase from last year”…

Last year was the lowest rated season on television EVER. A small 5% increase in ratings from the lowest season ever isnt something to brag about. The thing they need to ask themselves is why are we getting the lowest ratings ever? NBA and NFL are up considerably. NHL was up over 30% before their all star game (unsure what it ended at). This isnt what all the die hard fans continue to say. All I hear is excuses… “all sports are down”… obviously isnt the case when the others are trending upwards

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Floracing is available on roku now. Used to have to watch on a computer or sceeen share from a phone to a tv. $13 something a month if you pay annually, and has over 1300 races on it.

We go to eldora every year for the dream and the world 100. Told my wife by the time we pay for tickets and camping for 1 event it covered floracing for the year.

Last year the guy camping beside us made his own moonshine. I wouldnt drink any cause i dont trust billy bobs bathtub, but my brother will drink anything with alcohol. Was a great time.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Top ten drivers of all time? Agree? Who was left off? This is their list, not mine

1. Jimmie Johnson​

2. Dale Earnhardt, Sr.​

3. Jeff Gordon​

4. Richard Petty​

5. David Pearson​

6. Cale Yarborough​

7. Darrell Waltrip​

8. Bobby Allison​

9. Kyle Busch​

10. Tony Stewart​

Its not a bad list. Personally I am not putting Jimmie in the top spot but. . . . Not sure I would have Kyle Busch on my list at all.

I would have either Jeff, Sr. or Petty at the top. A case could be made for all three.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    IMG_6545.jpeg Final Poll Results…
    Was Bristol a good race? 87.3% said Yes.

-- Ranks No. 6 of 15 Bristol races in the poll
    -- No. 3 of 6 Bristol spring races
    -- No. 12 of 50 short track races
    -- 44k votes are second-most ever (Atlanta this year got 49k)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Its not a bad list. Personally I am not putting Jimmie in the top spot but. . . . Not sure I would have Kyle Busch on my list at all.

I would have either Jeff, Sr. or Petty at the top. A case could be made for all three.
    All 3 raced in completely different eras and definitely shine during their era. Would be interesting if Jeff, Jimmie, Sr, and Richard couldve competed against each other in their prime, and in the sports prime

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Kenny hit the nail on the head here!
    Couple of quotes from he made that stand out…. “The racing isn’t bad it BETTER”……”Misery loves company”

I posted this in the Nascar Bashing thread, we must have been watching it at the same time.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Bristol race was running extra laps under caution to try to get more laps out of the tires. For everyone praising nascar making it like the old days, this isnt it. This isnt like the old days. Never before has bristol had tires last 40 laps/20 miles. People want RACING, strategy, and long green flag runs so fuel mileage comes into play. Not passing because tires are gone. That isnt anything like the old days.

Increase horsepower, get rid of the pj1 and resin additives on the racetrack, and get rid of stage racing. If the race stays green for 200 laps, great, teams strategize early pitting or going an entire fuel run and compromising slower lap times because of the tires being wore. Thats racing.

Top Bottom