• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I thought the race was awesome, it was easy to pass and teams had to use some strategy to save tires. Tire wear was definitely excessive so I would like to see that improved, but not completely taken out of the equation.
    Makes the teams have to figure out how to adapt instead of going into a race knowing what to expect every time.

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The 25K or so people who showed up got their $$$ worth.

Empty seats are nothing new, but damn. That many empty seats at Bristol is just embarrassing.
    Bristol has 146,000 seats, so it looks worse than it is. I heard there were an estimated 70,000 people there.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    I thought the race was awesome, it was easy to pass and teams had to use some strategy to save tires. Tire wear was definitely excessive so I would like to see that improved, but not completely taken out of the equation.
    The folks that want go back in time should have loved this race 5 cars on lead lap and 54 lead changes …..

Any chance we can get tire wear like this at Martinsville? :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Nascar expanded the seating capacity of Bristol to 160,000. Now they have removed seating, with a capacity of 146,000 today, and still cannot fill the seats.

Article above is posted from 2019, and shows the struggle. Much worse today than it was then even. Maybe its time to listen to the fans?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Remember when tony got fined for critisizing nascar? :rolleyes: Sounds like they are insecure, when you wont even allow an owner to give his opinion on something as petty as a lug nut.

And the owners are all having issues with parts purchased from nascar. Gee. Didnt see that coming.

Im sure nascar doesnt have their favorites that get the better parts either, right?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods

Nascar expanded the seating capacity of Bristol to 160,000. Now they have removed seating, with a capacity of 146,000 today, and still cannot fill the seats.

Article above is posted from 2019, and shows the struggle. Much worse today than it was then even. Maybe its time to listen to the fans?
    You also have to keep in mind, the spring race at Bristol was always hit or miss with attendance. When Dale Sr was racing and bristol had tickets sold out a year in advance, the spring race still showed empty seats because people wont show for cold or iffy weather. Granted not as low as lately. The night race is a better view of what fans are thinking about their love for nascar.
    It’s

I have been to some cold dreary spring races and it sucked. The beer stayed cold so you had that going for you:buddies:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Remember when tony got fined for critisizing nascar? :rolleyes: Sounds like they are insecure, when you wont even allow an owner to give his opinion on something as petty as a lug nut.

And the owners are all having issues with parts purchased from nascar. Gee. Didnt see that coming.

Im sure nascar doesnt have their favorites that get the better parts either, right?

As much as he criticizes NASCAR, It may be interesting to see if he sells his share of SHR eventually and just gets out of NASCAR.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You also have to keep in mind, the spring race at Bristol was always hit or miss with attendance. When Dale Sr was racing and bristol had tickets sold out a year in advance, the spring race still showed empty seats because people wont show for cold or iffy weather. Granted not as low as lately. The night race is a better view of what fans are thinking about their love for nascar.
    It’s

I have been to some cold dreary spring races and it sucked. The beer stayed cold so you had that going for you:buddies:
    Definitely. Short track night racing is popular amongst non-fans. Just surprising to see the stands get expanded to 170,000 then down to 146,000 and still cant fill the stands. Estimated 70,000 attendance is unheard of for bristol.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As much as he criticizes NASCAR, It may be interesting to see if he sells his share of SHR eventually and just gets out of NASCAR.
    He said he doesnt care to attend the races anymore. It’ll be interesting to see what he does now that Harvick isnt driving. They were good friends, I imagine he wont have the same desire to compete in Nascar he once did, especially with all the red tape they are forcing owners to go through

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Saw they released tv ratings for Bristol.

4 million viewers. Fans calling it a win.

Down from a once 9.75 million rating. Now the daytona 500 barely gets 9 million views.

Cant fill the stands. Cant get the ratings it once had. Owners critisizing the sport.

Time to listen to the old drivers and fans. Cant continue losing viewers and fans and removing seats. Sponsors dont wanna see record lows in the stands and tv viewership at less than half what it used to be. No wonders m&m’s, budweiser, lowe’s, etc pulled out.

When selling the sport to sponsors, they want to see that the advertising theyre paying for is worth the cost.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    “At the 2005 Daytona 500, approximately 60% of primary sponsors on Cup Series cars were part of the Fortune 500; by 2023, that had fallen to around 20%. Among the departures over that time: Caterpillar, Dollar General, Farmers Insurance, GoDaddy, Home Depot, Jimmy John’s, Lowe’s, Mars, Mountain Dew, Oscar Mayer and Subway.

NASCAR says that 25% of Fortune 500 companies remain invested in the sport. The sanctioning body’s four premier partners are Busch Beer, Coca-Cola, Geico and Xfinity — large companies that all have powerful marketing megaphones.

Still, the added competition for sponsors, and decreases in TV ratings and attendance from the sport’s peak, have contributed to high-profile exits or spending cuts. For example, Miller Lite once sponsored Team Penske for most of the season but as of last season parent MolsonCoors had reduced its presence to primary sponsor for only one points race with its Keystone Light brand. At Joe Gibbs Racing, FedEx was once the seasonlong sponsor of the team’s No. 11 Toyota, but it’s now down to closer to half of the season.

NASCAR teams rely on sponsorship for roughly 65%-80% of their annual total revenue. A full-season sponsorship with top drivers cost $25 million-$30 million at its peak a decade ago, but now many brands say they no longer need the full campaign. Sponsorship revenue remains relatively healthy for NASCAR’s best teams, though most bring in annual sponsor revenue that hews closer to $10 million-$20 million these days.”

Thats a huge problem for teams. This is what the big wigs and die hard fans dont want to admit. Racing is racing. But viewership being down effects the revenue teams rely on, and the longevity of those teams.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I agree Nascar has sifted out some of their long standing fan base through change and new ideas that aren’t well excepted. I know I don’t do well with change and when they started doing the “chase for the cup” I started loosing some interest. I hated it when we stopped calling it the Winston cup and sold out to Nextel. Things were destined to change. The whole top 10 racing for the championship was just off.

But all sports are losing interest. Last falls World Series had the lowest Tv viewership in all time. I think we are going to see that the younger crowd just isn’t watching the sports like before. Nascar isn’t going to get those big numbers back and I dont think baseball will either. Doesn't help when everything is almost double the price to go anywhere either.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I agree Nascar has sifted out some of their long standing fan base through change and new ideas that aren’t well excepted. I know I don’t do well with change and when they started doing the “chase for the cup” I started loosing some interest. I hated it when we stopped calling it the Winston cup and sold out to Nextel. Things were destined to change. The whole top 10 racing for the championship was just off.

But all sports are losing interest. Last falls World Series had the lowest Tv viewership in all time. I think we are going to see that the younger crowd just isn’t watching the sports like before. Nascar isn’t going to get those big numbers back and I dont think baseball will either. Doesn't help when everything is almost double the price to go anywhere either.
    Baseball never bounced back after the strike. NBA and NFL saw gains in viewers.

Nothing will ever compete with the NFL tho. There was a time nascar was in that conversation. Not anymore tho.

Top Bottom