• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Shooting an unarmed female in the neck definitely sent a message!
    It did. And while I find it hard to imagine there weren’t better options, it also seemed to IMMEDIATELY change the minds of anyone else attempting to pass that barrier.

It definitely seems that door and the stairs across from it were where the line in the sand was drawn and the decision made to allow no one further.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There's a very big difference in the protestors. Nothing in yesterday's protest showed the level of violence demonstrated for most of the year by Antifa, BLM and other progressive/communist organizations. Yes, if either of those had broken in I would have loved to have seen them mown down, if they perpetrated violence, which they would have done I have no doubt.
    See. It didn't even take 5 minutes. :):

Call me crazy, but I think that our Capitol building, at the heart of our Republic, should be defended from all threats, foreign and domestic, with at least the same vigor as some of our desert military installations.

sign.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Best solution is still for every state to leave the union and leave DC completely impotent.

Then when we decide we need some federal level organization again, we can use the constitution's framework to re-establish it.

This is not a system that can be cleaned out anymore. It must be completely done away with and rebuilt from the foundation up with the lessons learned along the way.

A short war with Japan, a bereaved jet pilot and a tough Irish Cattholic designated survivor.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    See. It didn't even take 5 minutes. :):

Call me crazy, but I think that our Capitol building, at the heart of our Republic, should be defended from all threats, foreign and domestic, with at least the same vigor as some of our desert military installations.

sign.jpg
    Wait... am I being punked? Who are you and what did you do with Route 45. You posted something I agree with, so obviously you are an imposter.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Any idea why officers (Capitol PD?) have what appear to be reflective white and red tape on the side of their Glock's slide?
    Some of them have that anyway.

ZHY6Y3IBSRH7NDYFEE2Q7NJWXY.jpg

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sad about the woman killed. She shouldn't have been trying to force her way into the Capitol Building. Doing stuff like that creates situations where people get shot. Maybe it was worth it for her, hope it was. That all just sucks.

As to whether other people in other places deserved to get shot or not, those are different messes.

Personally, I would expect to get shot if I tried to burn down a police station, smash my way into Congress, torch a car lot, etc. If I did those things, then I would do them having decided that accomplishing those actions was more important than my life.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Was she jumping through the window? The video I saw looked like she was a couple feet away from the window, I could be wrong.

Also pictures I saw showed at least three men with fingers ON triggers. What the hell!?
    The video upthread that shows other officers "downrange" shows that she was squeezing herself through the window- maybe even about half-way through.

I think the oft-posted pics of the officers with weapons drawn pointing at a barricaded door window is from a different area. I could be wrong about that, though.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

I stand corrected. It looks like she was climbing through the window. But I firmly believe there was NO reason to shoot her! There were several officers LITERALLY within feet of her. THEY should have been able to control the people in that area. They also could have easily been hit by the shot. Hell, the first officer in that line aimed his rifle back through the same window.

Lastly... why don’t the officers immediately start first aid on the woman?

Edit: fixed do to don’t .

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sad about the woman killed. She shouldn't have been trying to force her way into the Capitol Building. Doing stuff like that creates situations where people get shot. Maybe it was worth it for her, hope it was. That all just sucks.

As to whether other people in other places deserved to get shot or not, those are different messes.

Personally, I would expect to get shot if I tried to burn down a police station, smash my way into Congress, torch a car lot, etc. If I did those things, then I would do them having decided that accomplishing those actions was more important than my life.

That's the point though. Very different responses. Communist scum causing massive property damage, violence and looting is tolerated and encouraged, but some conservatives trespass and get shot. One of these things is not like the other.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It did. And while I find it hard to imagine there weren’t better options, it also seemed to IMMEDIATELY change the minds of anyone else attempting to pass that barrier.

It definitely seems that door and the stairs across from it were where the line in the sand was drawn and the decision made to allow no one further.
    If it's effective why don't we employ this tactic at all our riots and 'mostly peaceful' protests. If the police in Portland had done this then they probably would have kept their police station. If the ROE was anybody that tried to get through that entrance is to be shot then we can't really blame the security guy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If it's effective why don't we employ this tactic at all our riots and 'mostly peaceful' protests. If the police in Portland had done this then they probably would have kept their police station. If the ROE was anybody that tried to get through that entrance is to be shot then we can't really blame the security guy.

Or at the very least we give the same latitude to conservative protestors as other protestors? That would be nice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's the point though. Very different responses. Communist scum causing massive property damage, violence and looting is tolerated and encouraged, but some conservatives trespass and get shot. One of these things is not like the other.
    At the risk of stating the obvious. Federal Government property ain't like any other property.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Any idea why officers (Capitol PD?) have what appear to be reflective white and red tape on the side of their Glock's slide?
    Some of them have that anyway.
    I have a couple thoughts:
    - some analog kind of IFF (Identify Friend or Foe)
    - those guys are more likely IMHO Secret Service or federal marshal; if the latter, I know the federal courts employ "daily" marshals - people that aren't part of the national federal marshal service, but have their police powers when they are at work. Those pistols might be a kind of "daily check-out" kind of thing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    How do you know that the group that breached the Capitol were all conservatives? Did you look under their skirts?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At the risk of stating the obvious. Federal Government property ain't like any other property.
    Come'on they were just trespassing. Just a couple out for a walk that happened to miss the "no trespassing" sign... Just a minor missunderstanding, and, BAM! No warning whatsoever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom