Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I watched several live feeds yesterday that were not censored.

Twitter is walking a dangerous path by suspending Trump's account, but there are other platforms... Parler (?) or others. Heck, reddit and the #chan ecosystem thrive.
    Oh yes, and let's not forget shortwave radio. That's widely listened to. They could use that to get their messages out to the population! Twitter and Youtube are the defacto platforms available to the public and they have been increasingly censoring conservative content (aka "wrongthink").

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I stand corrected. It looks like she was climbing through the window. But I firmly believe there was NO reason to shoot her! There were several officers LITERALLY within feet of her. THEY should have been able to control the people in that area. They also could have easily been hit by the shot. Hell, the first officer in that line aimed his rifle back through the same window.

Lastly... why do the officers. To immediately start first aid on the woman?
    Original video original source:
    Additional source:

I firmly believe there was NO reason to shoot her!
    From the officer's standpoint the group inside that hallway had barricaded a door with a large mob advancing. They created a line in the sand against an advancing mob. That mob smashed the windows and the woman was the first person to attempt to climb over and thru the barricade. The guard actions did slow down the advancing mob. In the video you can see how the shot caused the crowd to actually retreat and bought more time for what I presume was security evacuating the people within that hallway/offices.

I'm not saying it was right or wrong, just trying to use video evidence to figure out what happened. If the officer didn't shoot her or take some action to stop the influx of people, its my opinion that within a minute there would be more people than officers in that hallway, and therefore the position would have been overrun within 2 minutes (disassemble the barricade, etc)

There were several officers LITERALLY within feet of her. THEY should have been able to control the people in that area. They also could have easily been hit by the shot.
    If you look at this video you can see how just before the woman climbed over the barricaded door, the "swat" team was actually retreating. (My guess would be due to the overwhelming number of people present they realized they would be quickly overrun.) Looks like they changed course and made a decision to tend to the woman after the shot was fired and crowd retreated a little bit.

Crossfire is a valid concern, but putting the two videos together it looks like the angle was 45 degrees up and into the ceiling, with little chance of background casualties.

Lastly... why do the officers. To immediately start first aid on the woman?
    Crowd immediately retreats at the sound. The officers are there, and are able to get the crowd back for a little bit to give themselves some room to work. I doubt it was thought out or even planned, there seemed to be confusion between the front and back of the line of officers and capitol security (suits). It just seems to be how they reacted in the moment

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Had Democrats stormed the Capitol, in the exact same fashion, in January 2017 in attempt to stop the certification of Trump’s election, what would the reaction have been from INGO?
    And how would the media react?

They'd be all over it calling this a mostly peaceful insurrection attempt and 'necessary to our democracy'. The double standard is what's getting overlooked here.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I’m pretty sure the three others died because of their health, not because they attended a rally!
    How could their “attendance “ kill them?
    So making possible assumptions that they are:
    • old(er),
    • out of shape,
    • lack of sleep(long travel with the excitement of the rally),
    • exhausted from walking longer distances than they are used to (remote drop off, every thing in DC is far apart),
    • lack of food/hydration (between travel, crowds, etc. they are out of their normal routine),
    • not used to outdoors (don't recall if the weather was cold compared to their office jobs),
    • underlying conditions (?)

These three will probably be listed as COVID deaths.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And how would the media react?

They'd be all over it calling this a mostly peaceful insurrection attempt and 'necessary to our democracy'. The double standard is what's getting overlooked here.
    I'm not sure that's the double standard getting overlooked "here" on INGO.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm not sure that's the double standard getting overlooked "here" on INGO.
    I think there are multiple double standards about the situation honestly. I see where some are coming from, we should be angry when any group breaks into a government building. Also, at least they went after the people responsible, not random gas station and restaurant owners livelihoods, and when the “other” group invaded a police station and courthouse nobody died in the process. Media portrayed it as peaceful, when buildings were burning and protestors were throwing molotavs and some shooting trump supporters (2 dead from unprovoked actions). We just want our voices heard and our laws followed, eventually when neither are happening what outlet is left? The system is obviously not working for us anymore.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So making possible assumptions that they are:
    • old(er),
    • out of shape,
    • lack of sleep(long travel with the excitement of the rally),
    • exhausted from walking longer distances than they are used to (remote drop off, every thing in DC is far apart),
    • lack of food/hydration (between travel, crowds, etc. they are out of their normal routine),
    • not used to outdoors (don't recall if the weather was cold compared to their office jobs),
    • underlying conditions (?)

These three will probably be listed as COVID deaths.
    I saw a report that one of them fell off a balcony while trying to enter the building through a window.
    That was yesterday, I can't find any details now.

A lot of them did some parkour stuff ...

5ff71d4710fb5.image.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think there are multiple double standards about the situation honestly. I see where some are coming from, we should be angry when any group breaks into a government building. Also, at least they went after the people responsible, not random gas station and restaurant owners livelihoods, and when the “other” group invaded a police station and courthouse nobody died in the process. Media portrayed it as peaceful, when buildings were burning and protestors were throwing molotavs and some shooting trump supporters (2 dead from unprovoked actions). We just want our voices heard and our laws followed, eventually when neither are happening what outlet is left? The system is obviously not working for us anymore.
    They stormed the Capitol, not the White House. ;)

I'm not sure the media was portraying MN riots as peaceful. I remember conservative talking heads telling me the media was portraying it as peaceful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom