• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If it happened at my house... we do have castle doctrines for a reason.

I'm pretty confident in saying that many an INGOer would shoot someone smashing their way into their home.
    My home isn’t called the people’s house, filled with elected officials to represent the people. Slightly different.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I bet the outcome for this incident will be much different. I wonder if this shooter will get cancelled, harassed, doxxed, and ultimately charged? You know if this was BLM or Antifa that guys life would be over and DC would be burning by now.
    Looked like this was a black cop, shooting a white protester. It will be interesting to see if and how the aftermath of this incident differs from other police shootings that make national headlines.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Looked like this was a black cop, shooting a white protester. It will be interesting to see if and how the aftermath of this incident differs from other police shootings that make national headlines.
    You mean different than the police investigating themselves, finding no issue with the shooting, and clearing them of all charges?

It WOULD be interesting if this ended up any different. :rolleyes:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You mean different than the police investigating themselves, finding no issue with the shooting, and clearing them of all charges?

It WOULD be interesting if this ended up any different. :rolleyes:

Normally there's a very good reason for that outcome, which wouldn't apply in this case.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Were the actions of the Capitol Police officer any more or less justified than those of Kyle Rittenhouse?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly. Different standards.
    You're exactly right... if you weren't using an "apples to oranges" comparison. If we were to uses an "apples to apples" comparison, noting the location and the agencies involved, then one can help but wonder how/why the comparatively peaceful protest in a DC park, in June, met with significantly less of LE response: compared to a mob of people attempting, and successfully breaching the halls of Congress the other day. Once can't help but wonder, if the first group engaged in doing what the second group was doing, the body could would be higher.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Were the actions of the Capitol Police officer any more or less justified than those of Kyle Rittenhouse?

Yes. Kyle Rittenhouse was in fear for his life, legitimately. No cops or other help around. Whoever shot and killed this lady had other armed personnel with him and could see other armed officers behind the lady. Those make very different situations.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Comparatively peaceful"... :rolleyes:
    I was going to simply say "peaceful," as I was not aware of any aggression on the part of the protesters back in June... but I'm smart enough to know that there are others with superior Google-Fu; so I'll simply say I personally was not aware of ANY violence on the part of the June protesters that approached anything near what we saw the other day. Feel free to contradict.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes. Kyle Rittenhouse was in fear for his life, legitimately. No cops or other help around. Whoever shot and killed this lady had other armed personnel with him and could see other armed officers behind the lady. Those make very different situations.
    Were there more officers than protesters? It didn't look that way. And obviously there seems to be a heck of a lot more protesters, on deck.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    d
    While there were other officers around there were a lot more people on the other side of the door to overwhelm all of them.

It appeared to be some sort of "last line of defense." If they let her (or anyone through) without using extreme force then others could and would follow. There comes a point where you back up and say, "NO MORE." Having a lawful duty to protect the people and property behind you it eventually becomes reasonable to use all force necessary to put down the mob.

Regards,

Doug

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    d

While there were other officers around there were a lot more people on the other side of the door to overwhelm all of them.

It appeared to be some sort of "last line of defense." If they let her (or anyone through) without using extreme force then others could and would follow. There comes a point where you back up and say, "NO MORE." Having a lawful duty to protect the people and property behind you it eventually becomes reasonable to use all force necessary to put down the mob.

Regards,

Doug
    Shooting an unarmed female in the neck definitely sent a message!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, I'm reading a few posts that claim that Antifa infiltrated the group who stormed Congress. If that's the case, why are we upset over an obvious Antifa agent provocateur breaching security and getting capped in the process?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom