• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some information reported by a person living in Israel, as of 4 hours ago (I removed information that gave specifics of location and identity that were in the original, she can choose to share what she wants, but I choose to be more careful when I share in a different location):

….We have been told that there are no more terrorists, but the Hamas says they have kidnapped more people. Since 6:30AM this morning, I was awoken to the sounds of our Israeli aircraft flying above which we have been hearing throughout the whole day. Furthermore, we are facing a huge threat from our northern borders and people have been evacuated from their homes. This is where ______ went to serve and protect our people in the north. The death toll continues to rise, we still don't know how many are kidnapped, they suspect 130. Families still haven't heard if their loved ones are still living or kidnapped. Now today, 20 rockets were sent towards Jerusalem, but thankfully, our Iron Dome intercepted them. Some Israelis were injured. Terrorist tried to see how far they could get inside the northern border also injuring civilians but were killed by police.

However, even during these difficult days and horrific terror, there are some testimonies of survivors.

1) from Kibbutz ________, there was a 53 yr old man, army veteran, woke up on Saturday morning, heard explosions, guns shooting, he went to check things out. He decided to take his gun and noticed a group of terrorists trying to get inside the houses. He started to shoot at them, and while he is shooting and protecting the kibbutz on his own, he is talking on the phone with his friends asking for their help. They were just waking up themselves, not aware of the terrifying situation developing around them. This is a group of civilians that have personal weapons and are able to defend their kibbutz in case of attacks. During this intense hour of shooting, 10 kibbutz men joined the heroic 53 yr old and resumed fighting together. …while one was injured in the hand and another lost his leg, they managed to secure the safety of their kibbutz and the terrorists disappeared and left the area. They saved their kibbutz.

2) In another kibbutz, there was a 30 yr old married couple with 10 month old twins. The terrorists were outside their house, so they [hid them in the house]. Then the terrorists entered the home, fought this young couple and murdered them and left. The babies were alone for 14 hours until they were rescued by soldiers…

3) 50 Israeli hostages being held in Kibbutz ________ dining room were rescued after 24 intense hours of captivity.

4) In Kibbutz _________, a family was hiding in their security room, as terrorists were outside their front door. At 4:00pm, after hours of being locked inside their home security room, there was knocking on their window. It was their grandfather/father (62 yr old retired general) knocking on their window. Hours before, with no internet, no power, all the families in the kibbutz were terrified and traumatized by the terrorists trying to enter homes. Now rescued, opening their locked door after a horrible ordeal, the family realized how close death was on their doorstep, 5 dead terrorists lay outside, killed by this brave grandfather and assisted by Israeli soldiers….

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You're really equating Germans in the 30s with all of the World's Muslims today?

We aren't discussing a country or even a region. We are talking about an estimated 2.2+ billion people across the whole World.
    While there is quite a bit of overlap in attitudes toward Jews between a certain group of 1939 Germans and current day radical Muslims, the point that I am making is that it doesn’t take a huge majority to light the fires.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    While there is quite a bit of overlap in attitudes toward Jews between a certain group of 1939 Germans and current day radical Muslims, the point that I am making is that it doesn’t take a huge majority to light the fires.
    It's a common trope that 3% fought and won the Revolutionary War, with an estimated 33% being in support of rebelling from the crown (not that I'm comparing this to our nation founding). It doesn't take a majority to change things.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, as an old-timer with thick skin, I'll go out onto the thin ice...

Anyone been watching the Al Jazeera stream?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which takes us back to the majority of Muslims being militant, which is where we started.
    So drop the 'majority', certainly a MUCH higher percentage of muslims can be radicalized to commit atrocities, murder the innocent , and blow themselves up in order to glorify their god

I do not detect much of a tendency in that direction of Christians or Buddhists or Hindus. There is obviously something wrong with at least a sizable number of adherents to the 'religion of peace' and common sense says their proclivities must be taken into account when making threat assessments

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're really equating Germans in the 30s with all of the World's Muslims today?

We aren't discussing a country or even a region. We are talking about an estimated 2.2+ billion people across the whole World.
    Muslim IS religion, we are not talking about an ethnicity or a nationality when we speak of muslims

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's the thing. I am very willing to acknowledge that the history between Israel and the Palestinians is....complex. So complex that over the years I have had to do a fair amount of reading to try to maintain an understanding of what has been going on. I am not really talking about the specifics of what is going on now, but rather the overall conflict.

However, a fair number (not all) on the far left, particularly the young, seems to kneejerk to "it's Israel's fault 100%" and I doubt they have any understanding of the complexities. They heard that the right/Christians/Conservative or Orthodox Jews support Israel, so clearly Israel is wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's the thing. I am very willing to acknowledge that the history between Israel and the Palestinians is....complex. So complex that over the years I have had to do a fair amount of reading to try to maintain an understanding of what has been going on. I am not really talking about the specifics of what is going on now, but rather the overall conflict.

However, a fair number (not all) on the far left, particularly the young, seems to kneejerk to "it's Israel's fault 100%" and I doubt they have any understanding of the complexities. They heard that the right/Christians/Conservative or Orthodox Jews support Israel, so clearly Israel is wrong.
    The same type of people think Che Guevera is a hero.

Top Bottom