Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

One is an individual citizen, RUNS a business, and has actually been to space.
    The other helps run (supposedly) an entire country, DOESN'T RUN a business, and has NOT been to space.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    One is an individual citizen, RUNS a business, and has actually been to space.
    The other helps run (supposedly) an entire country, DOESN'T RUN a business, and has NOT been to space.

bidet has experience with the vast space between his ears.
    He is reportedly naming hunter as head of nasa because he's far out man.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, like maybe the number of people who can pay over retail for a vehicle is decreasing day by day. I think the demand for new vehicles is gonna drop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, like maybe the number of people who can pay over retail for a vehicle is decreasing day by day. I think the demand for new vehicles is gonna drop.
    The demand is there.
    The ability is not.

My brother has an ANCIENT Saturn.
    It's finally giving up the ghost.
    So, now he needs a vehicle.

Obviously, buying the car a few years ago would have been better.
    But, that ship has sailed.

So, on security guard pay, he gets to find a new/used car, and not wait a year for it.

I would agree, the people buying a car every couple years, will not have "demand" to buy a new one right now.
    But cars are gonna fail and need replacing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The demand is there.
    The ability is not.

My brother has an ANCIENT Saturn.
    It's finally giving up the ghost.
    So, now he needs a vehicle.

Obviously, buying the car a few years ago would have been better.
    But, that ship has sailed.

So, on security guard pay, he gets to find a new/used car, and not wait a year for it.

I would agree, the people buying a car every couple years, will not have "demand" to buy a new one right now.
    But cars are gonna fail and need replacing.

You could probably say "need" there, or "desire". But demand is people willing to pay the price. If the price is too high that they don't want to or can't pay, then the demand for goods at that price drops. It just sucks to be in need when prices are so high. The problem is demand is so high right now because supplies are short that dealers can make well over retail prices for new, and so the demand for used vehicles at those higher prices is increased. But as the price goes up, fewer people can or will pay. So then it corrects itself. Unless uncle sugah is ****ing up the whole works.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You could probably say "need" there, or "desire". But demand is people willing to pay the price. If the price is too high that they don't want to or can't pay, then the demand for goods at that price drops. It just sucks to be in need when prices are so high. The problem is demand is so high right now because supplies are short that dealers can make well over retail prices for new, and so the demand for used vehicles at those higher prices is increased. But as the price goes up, fewer people can or will pay. So then it corrects itself. Unless uncle sugah is ****ing up the whole works.
    I have faith in the present administration's ability to Eff things up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Many posts on INGO are valid news, so yes INGO can be a valid news source. I saw the warehouse fire here first, even been made aware of news that was not covered by other sources, and with the pandemic much of the most valuable news came from INGO.

Your post shows an antiquated definition of news. Virtually all the news CP posts in the Colts thread he gets from twitter. As with most things twitter is now the first draft of news. And don’t even get me started on the liars that claim the mantle of news sources.

All in all twitter is a valuable news source, it is usually the first source of news to publicize a event, it has direct posts from newsmakers, unfiltered by media, and anyone can comment on those posts.

I do not follow it currently, but should…
    I think INGO and Twitter are a conduit to what might be valid news sources, but in and of themselves aren't really. Twitter was designed as a social media platform and nothing else. It was originally limited to 140 characters per post, but it has morphed into something more lax. How people use it is another story.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People will always buy cars, but how many?

In 2019, there were 17 million cars sold.
    2020- 14.5 million (yes, we all know why)
    2021- 15 million.
    for 2022, the annualized rate using May's numbers is under 13 million (but projections also point to the 15 million range again, depending upon who you listen to).

This is with a growing population each year meaning that there should always be growth in sales if the same rate of people buy cars.

A couple of things are going on- 1) the left is finally getting what it wants, people are using ride companies (Uber, etc.) and public transportation, 2) the prices are just too high (limited supply has a lot to do with that). Also, maybe people are finally getting the message that even the lowest end car will reliably last over 100,000 miles and most will reliably get to 200,000.

The number of households with two or more cars has increased substantially, from about 20% in 1960 to close to 60% now. We may start seeing that trend reverse. 90% of households have cars, but the number with multiples could drop. (We currently have 5 at the Houghmstead; my daughter's car and 4 owned by my wife and I; 2 older ones used by the younger kids).

It's not good for the auto industry and how many other industries and companies depend upon the auto industry?

Top Bottom