Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I guess Twitter will continue to suck. That's a shame.

I do find it hilarious that the board was originally looking at what actions they could take to keep him from acquiring the company. Now they plan to sue him if he doesn't.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The discovery phase of the trial should be interesting. Surprised that Twitter is willing to let all it's secrets be known. Or, maybe they're just bluffing?

Wonder if they are thinking their liberal friends in media and government will protect them, like always?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seems to me like it would be very dumb of Twitter to go to court with Musk and expose themselves to discovery when the entire reason for tanking the deal was Twitter being unwilling to admit what a massive percentage of their platform is bots.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just published on CNN Business. Musk in a tweet said: "Now they have to disclose bot information in court"

Absolutely beautiful! I foresee a negotiated out of court settlement at a reduced price, and possibly investor lawsuits against the Board.
    Not just law suits. If Twitter execs lied on the sec filings, it might be fines and possibly even some jail time.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I do not have a twitter account. I decided to give it a try and signed up only to find that my email had already been used. Contacted them about it and got the runaround.

Then, even tho they didn't resolve anything, I got an email wanting me to fill out a survey saying how happy I was with the service. I did fill it out but not with the happy clause.

Doubt that Elon will car and get this straightened out so I will just watch for info drops on INGO instead.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't help but think the latest song and dance might be a ploy to somehow use Twitter's
    legal action to force him to complete the sale to reset the purchase price closer to market.
    Twitter currently has a share price below $40 and the original deal was for $54.20 per share, so current market price would be a 27.5% savings or about $12 billion cheaper. Assuming he would offer a premium over market price, a savings of $8 to 10 billion. Even if he had to make a billion dollar penalty payment he still comes out way ahead, and if twitter doesn't want to close the new deal I believe they are fatally weakened anyway

Top Bottom