Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My guess as to why the market tanked is probably to due to Musk blasting ESG scores and Tesla being removed from the S&P 500:

They’re “fortifying” the stock market the same way they “fortified” the election.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now the New York Post has this headline; "Audit finds half of Joe Biden’s Twitter followers are fake". From the article "At least half of President Biden’s 22.2 million Twitter followers are bogus, a new audit revealed." Even better, "SparkToro used the same audit on Musk himself and found that nearly 70.2% of Musk’s 93.3 million Twitter followers were fake."

Most votes ever my a**!

Twitter increasingly looks more like a pyramid scheme every day, as does most of the "Social Media" platforms. Since Twitter has made SEC filings purporting to have very low numbers of fake accounts, shouldn't a finding like this trigger a fraud investigation by the SEC / FBI?

How many American's are spending far too much of their time in an echo chamber of propagandists?

The more that comes out, the more the movie "The Social Dilemma" looks like it understated the problem.
    Well, I guess a lot of folks think half his voters were fake too, so...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now that the takeover is on hold, back to "normal"...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Somewhere pages back a graphic was posted, I believe by Musk himself, that showed him in line with democrats 20 or so years ago, then less so later, and not so much now. This is not surprising to me. Is it to you guys?
    Sure, everyone has gotten more radical.
    Well, not us of course. Not us. But everyone else.
    While I was only a previously un-aborted gleam in my fathers eye at the time, I probably could have understood where JFK was coming from. But these people now? No way. Left field.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Somewhere pages back a graphic was posted, I believe by Musk himself, that showed him in line with democrats 20 or so years ago, then less so later, and not so much now. This is not surprising to me. Is it to you guys?
    I re read your question and have a different second take on it; while I don’t know much about him, I guess it shows that he is at least thoughtful enough to be open minded, and brave enough to say it. I wouldn’t t expect any less from the richest man in the world (or whatever he is) but it still is refreshing.
    Maybe the pendulum still swings.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I re read your question and have a different second take on it; while I don’t know much about him, I guess it shows that he is at least thoughtful enough to be open minded, and brave enough to say it. I wouldn’t t expect any less from the richest man in the world (or whatever he is) but it still is refreshing.
    Maybe the pendulum still swings.
    I was unclear, that he was anti gun, was not surprising to me, though he has not moved with the left.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Now that the takeover is on hold, back to "normal"...

Since the majority of Twitter users are robots/fake accounts why worry what Twitter says or does why use them at all? Who cares what robots/fake accounts think?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Since the majority of Twitter users are robots/fake accounts why worry what Twitter says or does why use them at all? Who cares what robots/fake accounts think?
    Because they truly do influence? So many get ‘the news’ from there that we kinda have to care. The left will use the data and say things like “most votes ever” and the sheep will follow.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    And we can say fake account means fake news.
    You, we, just don’t have the vocal chords for the reach.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m with you, I pay no attention to it, but know many that do, and depend on it, like they depend on Jon Stewart, the daily show, et.al.

So I’m stuck between not caring about them, probably like you, but also trying to re-influence those that do use it, probably also like you.

Top Bottom