Indiana
    ETmI1hyXYAA5ZN-

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

That’s been happening for a while now in California, especially in San Francisco. CA lowered the bar on prosecutions for theft and lowered it way down to a low-level misdemeanor with a citation rather than arrest. The urban youts have been having a heyday and flash mobbing stores. The impending apocalypse has exacerbated things I’m sure.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No. If he dies because she drags that into the house, I hope it tortures her soul for the rest of eternity. She's a selfish Bi***!

Truth!

This sounds crass, but it is not intended as such. So we lose 6% of the population, consisting mainly those of retirement age and the infirmed; all of those who are more likely to be a burden on the economy anyway. Will that really be a large loss? On a cultural scale, absolutely. We need the wisdom of those folks to help us be more human. But those dying are not those that will be here in 20 years anyway. I know it sounds cold, but those are the facts. Now if this was a bug that was killing primarily babies and children and we're looking at a legitimate threat to the viability of our species, than that would be a different story and I'd be behind this to keep all of our kids alive. But the kids are the ones that so far are faring well so I think this is doing more harm than good.

We should kill babies whose parents dont have demonstrable means they can care for them and elderly who rely on government services for the sake of the economy. I imagine snuffing out the homeless should help too!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had no idea my ER doctor might get paid on the same basis as a car mechanic. That's pretty terrifying on a number of levels. I figured you guys were straight salary or maybe salary + O/T because of the crazy hours sometimes. Looks like I was wrong...

Damn. Sorry to hear that. On the flip side, if nobody is coming in sick, that's actually good news.
    Have you never paid for an ER visit? Last year I had to take my son to the ER when he had complications from the flu. It wasn’t just one bill. Every department and every doctor that had anything to do with his care, sent us a bill. I’m surprised that the janitor didn’t send us a bill. If there are no patients, there isn’t anyone to bill.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This may sound crass. But, **** old people. Yeah, they’re all expendable. No good to society at all. Hell. They don’t contribute anything. Just a burden. Let ‘em die I say. 6 million boomers taking dirt naps? Meh.

Are you people ****ing serious?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ve been seeing lots of rumors about lockdowns, and National Guard, and ISP, and who knows what else. There simply aren’t enough bodies to enforce any large scale lockdown. And what would they even do about people who are still out anyway? We are already trying to limit putting people in jail because of this outbreak, so where will they go? The rumors are more dangerous than the virus right now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This may sound crass. But, **** old people. Yeah, they’re all expendable. No good to society at all. Hell. They don’t contribute anything. Just a burden. Let ‘em die I say. 6 million boomers taking dirt naps? Meh.

Are you people ****ing serious?

And the very young too! We can always make more. It’s not like it takes any special set of skills.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I’m in auto body which has been left open in most places. Delaware county just ordered all business closed and did not include automotive repair. So I may be screwed now as well. Unless corporate can convince them to let us stay open.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    We should kill babies whose parents dont have demonstrable means they can care for them and elderly who rely on government services for the sake of the economy. I imagine snuffing out the homeless should help too!

why would u kill just the babies. What about the parents that don’t have the means. Why would we spare them.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I work in technology. Specifically, tools used for education (like eLearning). Most of our workforce works "from home" anyway, so moving the whole company remote hasn't been too bad. We do operate some call centers, and moving THEM to remote work has been a challenge, but we are almost there. We are also a global company. Interesting enough, I still meet with my colleagues in India, Australia, and the UK without any issues, even though they are all now remote-remote as well.

Business is insanely busy. Busier than "back to school" in the fall. No idea of how profitable all this work is. We are spending money as fast as we can bring it in right now. Tools, technology, infrastructure, even hiring.

Of course, our business is tied to schools. As long as they stay open and run eLearning, we will get through this. If they start completely shutting down, or even go out of business, this could be baaad. Brick and mortar schools are in a pickle. Digital schools are flying high. A BUNCH are somewhere in the middle. Amazing how many had no plan for anything like this, and are lacking what TODAY we would consider the basics.

Got my daily COVID standup here in a bit. Let's see what happened to our east today, and what the day might bring here in North America.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I work in technology. Specifically, tools used for education (like eLearning). Most of our workforce works "from home" anyway, so moving the whole company remote hasn't been too bad. We do operate some call centers, and moving THEM to remote work has been a challenge, but we are almost there. We are also a global company. Interesting enough, I still meet with my colleagues in India, Australia, and the UK without any issues, even though they are all now remote-remote as well.

Business is insanely busy. Busier than "back to school" in the fall. No idea of how profitable all this work is. We are spending money as fast as we can bring it in right now. Tools, technology, infrastructure, even hiring.

Of course, our business is tied to schools. As long as they stay open and run eLearning, we will get through this. If they start completely shutting down, or even go out of business, this could be baaad. Brick and mortar schools are in a pickle. Digital schools are flying high. A BUNCH are somewhere in the middle. Amazing how many had no plan for anything like this, and are lacking what TODAY we would consider the basics.

Got my daily COVID standup here in a bit. Let's see what happened to our east today, and what the day might bring here in North America.
    My wife is a kindergarten teacher, and loves her kids, troubles and all, with a passion. As a small country school we were one of the first schools in the county to have elearning. She loves everything about it except our slow intervened speed, 5mpbs down, 1 up. She has a lot of trouble uploading videos but the kids love it.
    I don’t think you have to worry about lack of work, if the brick and mortars shut down I would think you’d have even more.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I dont have anything insightful or witty to say, just a question.

Delaware county has closed businesses and restricted travel to all non essential persons.

Is that why everyone got their permission slips?

This thread grows too fast for me to keep up

Please and thank you
    Shred

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Americans Need a Date Certain

We need an immediate answer to three questions: (1) When will we have the tests, masks, ventilators, hospital beds, medicines, personnel, and ability to quarantine in place to manage the virus? (2) What are we going to do to help workers and small businesses bridge the gap for the losses they incur as a result of government-mandated social distancing? (3) When are we going to end government constraint, and adopt testing and quarantine guidelines that give our economy the full green light?

The first two questions have been the focus in recent weeks. On the first, we need to ensure robust hospital capacity and a fully functional supply chain for all necessary items. Assessing these needs is a question for the experts, and we can look at the South Korean model for some guidance.

On the second, Congress unfortunately has wasted almost two weeks passing relatively unhelpful legislation. But hopefully we will soon pass legislation with the right focus: injecting massive capital and liquidity into businesses and workers to help them bridge the gap. We have been too slow, and the measures passed so far will take too long. This is not “stimulus.” Congress needs to take immediate action to offset the harm government action has caused to businesses and the people who work for them.

The most important thing we need to do — right now — is to announce a date to signal our economic restart, get folks back to work, and build the confidence we need to get capital flowing.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020...lear-mission-beat-virus-save-economy/#slide-1

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I updated the spreadsheet with the latest full-day numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...F2nSBMG8kMCK6dQZXk8zxhBvXgyDgjgXJc_K7/pubhtml

As the dataset grows, we can get a better idea of how we are doing overall. I did add on the US/Italy Deaths page the Per Capita death per 1,000,000

With all the activity overnight, I have quoted some info I posted to help everyone here now to give them the best way to beat this if they get it.

Have a great night INGO and please get rest. It is the most valuable thing you can do right now for yourself. 8 hours! There are tremendous peer-reviewed studies supporting sleep and the body's ability to fight a viral infection.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6400544/pdf/JEM_20181169.pdf
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3256323/pdf/424_2011_Article_1044.pdf
    https://journals.lww.com/psychosoma...hances_the_Human_Antibody_Response_to.17.aspx
    For the visual learners like me: https://youtu.be/qqZYEgREuZ8?t=114

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ER doc's get paid by headcount?

I had no idea my ER doctor might get paid on the same basis as a car mechanic. That's pretty terrifying on a number of levels. I figured you guys were straight salary or maybe salary + O/T because of the crazy hours sometimes. Looks like I was wrong...

Damn. Sorry to hear that. On the flip side, if nobody is coming in sick, that's actually good news.

Well it's not fair to charge someone with an ear infection the same amount I charge someone who I ran CPR, intubated, placed a central line, arterial lines, and made five phone calls to consultants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom