Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I dont have anything insightful or witty to say, just a question.

Delaware county has closed businesses and restricted travel to all non essential persons.

Is that why everyone got their permission slips?

This thread grows too fast for me to keep up

Please and thank you
    Shred
    A few on here have mentioned them or a spouse getting a “permission slip”. I am of the belief that they are the product of someone overthinking things from a high up swivel seat position. What I mean is, the national guard is not coming to close the roads, IMO. There is a lot of hyped up talk out there about that, by people who think they are sure of what they are talking about, but many of those same people were caught flat footed without preps and didn’t see this coming at all. So unless we really misbehave as a society, I believe we will be free to go to work, go to the grocery, go check on people in our care. Your county may be more stringent, but I still believe if you keep your head down you can do what is necessary.
    Got a printer? Print your own permission.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Got laid off for two weeks, thankfully was able to burn my vacation time to not have to file for unemployment. First time my company has had a situation like this in 40+ years.

Wife and myself are doing fine, no curfews or lockdowns in Carmel went to the Kroger just fine yesterday to get groceries.

Hope everyone is able to pull through this relatively unscathed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We get paid for what we do. We have five levels of charges based on complexity of the complaint and what we do for the workup. More tests and prescriptions/meds is more complex and higher charge. Then there's a critical care charge. We add on things like EKG charge, bedside ultrasound, splinting, sutures, etc.

See above. I get paid to do stuff. More people equals more stuff.

We have not changed our staffing in case there's a surge. 40% lower volume likely wipes my bonus and doesn't allow for standard salary. We will pay PAs and office staff full rate and just eat the difference in our checks

I had no idea how this works and it explains many things. Thanks!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ER doc's get paid by headcount?

So you will only lose 10% of your salary, while others are losing MUCH more

Uh.... why do you say 10%? My expenses are fixed and my revenue will be down 40%. We do not have a 40% profit margin. I may not HAVE a paycheck, despite working. We have employees and costs like any other business. However we cannot reduce staffing because we have agreed to provide certain provider hours of coverage per day. It's slow now but it may explode at any day.

But thanks for blowing off my concerns for my family as I go in to take care of yours :cheers:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Uh.... why do you say 10%? My expenses are fixed and my revenue will be down 40%. We do not have a 40% profit margin. I may not HAVE a paycheck, despite working. We have employees and costs like any other business. However we cannot reduce staffing because we have agreed to provide certain provider hours of coverage per day. It's slow now but it may explode at any day.

But thanks for blowing off my concerns for my family as I go in to take care of yours :cheers:

You said "decimated".

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    What exactly does a “shelter in Place” or any of these “orders” mean? What’s the difference to most of us that are just going back and forth to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    What exactly does a “shelter in Place” or any of these “orders” mean? What’s the difference to most of us that are just going back and forth to work?

Mostly nothing. Go to work, go home. Go to the grocery store if you think you can find food. Go outside and take a walk. Just don't go gather in a large group with others.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Mostly nothing. Go to work, go home. Go to the grocery store if you think you can find food. Go outside and take a walk. Just don't go gather in a large group with others.
    6AB79C77-B98E-4C51-A01D-B5AAEBA996A6.jpeg

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    [FONT=&quot]Successful use of “serum” to treat critical patients. Serum is filtered blood plasma from people who’ve had COVID-19 and recovered.[/FONT]

https://www.scirp.org/html/1-2390082_98735.htm

And then there was this in there:
    [FONT=&quot]quote:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The death toll is subsiding. There is a rumor that it was the on-coming warm weather that killed the coronavirus. The rumor claimed that the virus would perish at temperature over 25 deg. C, ignoring the fact that the same viruses usually claimed the human body at 42 deg. C. It is the ultra-violet sun wave that kills the viruses. The loss of destructive potency came after the coronaviruses had proliferated though certain number of generations; the number still awaited to be determined. This is a direct evidence that the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19 was engineered or man-made. “Transduced” viruses always revert to their wild type, losing their insertions of transduced DNA that conveyed fatality to humans. This is analogous to a soldier like Rambo losing an arm or two after many battles overseas. In time, all “transduced” viruses will lose the killing capacity that they were engineered for, just like soldiers turning to become civilians. The common cold virus never disappears like the MERS and the SARS viruses because the cold viruses are natural products of evolution through tens of millions of years.[/FONT]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know, if China would have taken this virus seriously and shut their doors right away this thing would only be in China where it belongs.

I dont thrust the chinese but give them credit as they did take extreme measure of burning people alive in houses who had it, mass killing others, etc.

The problem with a biological weapon is US. When the chinese did the lock down in wuhah everyone and their mamma tried to get out. No way in hell you can stop everyone from escaping. All it takes is one infected to get out and boom you have a new spread of the infectiontion. Which is exaclty what occured.

Other counties failed as well by showing compassion and allowed "non infected" in or their own citizens back in.

Yes we are now looking at this with 20/20 hindsight but look at zombie movies or terror movies. YOU DO NOT LET ANY NORMAL HUMAN INTO THE GROUP UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN IN ISOLATION FOR A WHILE.

But whatever that boat sailed already.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I’ve been seeing lots of rumors about lockdowns, and National Guard, and ISP, and who knows what else. There simply aren’t enough bodies to enforce any large scale lockdown. And what would they even do about people who are still out anyway? We are already trying to limit putting people in jail because of this outbreak, so where will they go? The rumors are more dangerous than the virus right now.

well according to INGO the prisoners should be lumped in with the old peo people. Give the c-virus to the prison population and allow them to infect the entire prison and then they all die. No need for longer prison terms or waiting on death row. Let mature do the cleaning for us and clean up society as well.

Not sure if that should be in purple??

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So you will only lose 10% of your salary, while others are losing MUCH more

Doctors who are exposed to contagious patients all day can lose much more than money. :rolleyes:

Health care professionals are not paid enough, some work 24hrs shifts away from their families, they take huge risks especially now.

They don't do it for the money as most doctors can afford to stay safe at home with their loved ones.Yet they don't.

They decide to come in contact with dozens of highly contagious patients everyday just to serve the community.

They need all of our support right now more than ever.

If you know doctors and nurses, instead of talking about their salary, ask they if they need any help ...

Do they need groceries since they work all day and don't have time to go to the store?
    Help babbystiting kids since schools are closed?
    Do they have enough masks to protect themselves? Maybe you have a few N95 masks in your garage that you don't use.

In France everyday at 8 pm people gather on their balcony to give a round of applaud to show their support to healthcare workers.

[video=youtube;ZLMScYFFsLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMScYFFsLw[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    [FONT="]Successful use of “serum” to treat critical patients. Serum is filtered blood plasma from people who’ve had COVID-19 and recovered.[/FONT][URL="https://www.scirp.org/html/1-2390082_98735.htm"]

https://www.scirp.org/html/1-2390082_98735.htm[/URL]

And then there was this in there:
    [FONT="][B]quote:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT="]The death toll is subsiding. There is a rumor that it was the on-coming warm weather that killed the coronavirus. The rumor claimed that the virus would perish at temperature over 25 deg. C, ignoring the fact that the same viruses usually claimed the human body at 42 deg. C. It is the ultra-violet sun wave that kills the viruses. The loss of destructive potency came after the coronaviruses had proliferated though certain number of generations; the number still awaited to be determined. This is a direct evidence that the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19 was engineered or man-made. “Transduced” viruses always revert to their wild type, losing their insertions of transduced DNA that conveyed fatality to humans. This is analogous to a soldier like Rambo losing an arm or two after many battles overseas. In time, all “transduced” viruses will lose the killing capacity that they were engineered for, just like soldiers turning to become civilians. The common cold virus never disappears like the MERS and the SARS viruses because the cold viruses are natural products of evolution through tens of millions of years.[/FONT]

I don’t know if this is true or not but I will admit that it does scratch that conspiracy itch that I’m prone to get sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom