• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At the end of the day all this should be ample demonstration that leadership, economic, political, or social, isn't interested in anybody's opinion other than their own. Do the best you can, with what you have, to take care of those close to you, that you're responsible for.

We all collect responsibilities and obligations as we progress through life, how we discharge those is the measure of a man's worth.

Remember Al's advice.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well....... you do you. When a company starts to actively work against my interest. Fxxx em.
    Are you doing them all or just selective? I can’t know what you do in real life but I do know the typical in real life, people threaten a bluster but do not follow through. It is easy when this is one or two companies but in five minutes I made that list, can you imagine if someone worked on it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's possible to make simple choices where you can without hurting yourself.
    This attitude is why we continue to lose to the left. Conservatives say boycotts don't work as a way to hide the fact they are unwilling to introduce the slightest inconvenience to their pampered life.
    If you only do it where you can, you “are unwilling to introduce the slightest inconvenience to their pampered life” Was what I was told…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m going to make my point clear and distinct. If you are boycotting Carhartt, and get in an Uber, paid for with your Citi card, to go to the airport where you have a Big Mac while while waiting to board a southwest flight to Vegas to stay at MGM, you are a hypocrite.

As stated earlier this is about a private company and their vaccine policy, not an attack on our second amendment rights. Most of you don’t run a company and have firsthand knowledge of the pressure that can be put on these companies. It could be as simple as their insurance or legal counsel told them they had too. And to sheep that doesn’t seem a big deal.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Being unable or unwilling to do everything is not a valid excuse to avoid doing anything.
    So we only have principals when it is easy? If you say company A must be boycotted for X, then as soon as you know company B is doing the same thing to not be hypocritical you must do the same. That is why I’m telling you all this is silly in the world we live.

In all of fast food it was easy for the left to single out Chik Fil A, when society at large is doing it how can we realistically believe this is a sound tactic? Or is this just to feel good and like we are fighting back?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I’m going to make my point clear and distinct. If you are boycotting Carhartt, and get in an Uber, paid for with your Citi card, to go to the airport where you have a Big Mac while while waiting to board a southwest flight to Vegas to stay at MGM, you are a hypocrite.

As stated earlier this is about a private company and their vaccine policy, not an attack on our second amendment rights. Most of you don’t run a company and have firsthand knowledge of the pressure that can be put on these companies. It could be as simple as their insurance or legal counsel told them they had too. And to sheep that doesn’t seem a big deal.
    You call people "sheep" for not standing against something, and then you call people "sheep" for standing against something. :scratch:

No one is calling for a boycott. People are saying they have decided to use another companies products.

The reason is simple, they have a choice.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Oy vey, this is devolving into some $*** logic. Like really poor logic.

How about this: if a company participated in some activity that you find particularly offensive, make an informed decision - as an adult is entitled to do - as to whether or not you’re going to start or continue patronizing that company. And entirely disregard the opinions of anyone who thinks it’s their position to judge your decision making.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You call people "sheep" for not standing against something, and then you call people "sheep" for standing against something. :scratch:

No one is calling for a boycott. People are saying they have decided to use another companies products.

The reason is simple, they have a choice.
    You misunderstood me. A company mandating a vaccine in not a big deal to the sheep. Sorry I was unclear.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    So we only have principals when it is easy? If you say company A must be boycotted for X, then as soon as you know company B is doing the same thing to not be hypocritical you must do the same. That is why I’m telling you all this is silly in the world we live.

In all of fast food it was easy for the left to single out Chik Fil A, when society at large is doing it how can we realistically believe this is a sound tactic? Or is this just to feel good and like we are fighting back?
    Should being unwilling to follow your principles in some cases preclude one from following their principles in any case? That's simply putting the ideal of principles ahead of actual principles. That seems more hypocritical to me. Perhaps selectively following principles does absolutely nothing, but doing nothing absolutely does nothing.

All or nothing thinking rarely amounts to more than an excuse to do nothing as far as I can see.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Should being unwilling to follow your principles in some cases preclude one from following their principles in any case? That's simply putting the ideal of principles ahead of actual principles. That seems more hypocritical to me. Perhaps selectively following principles does absolutely nothing, but doing nothing absolutely does nothing.

All or nothing thinking rarely amounts to more than an excuse to do nothing as far as I can see.

Ok, please explain to me why many of these threads are often about companies that supply much needed equipment to many INGO members? Most of the companies in my list have had their policies for months but there was no thread about them. Why?

They are not bedrock principles if selectively followed…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Conservatives say boycotts don't work as a way to hide the fact they are unwilling to introduce the slightest inconvenience to their pampered life.
    I must confess that I am surprised you can even lift a brush that broad, to say nothing of finding a paint can wide-mouthed enough to coat it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If we are going to do this, let’s do it right. Here is a list I came across.

So toss those credit cards, American Express, and Citi, Bank Of America, Capital One…

No shopping at Walmart and TJMaxx…

No Big Macs…

No new F350…

No Yellowstone, Paramount owned by Viacom…

No TV from NBC and Netflix…

No flying commercial, Southwest, Delta, United…

No prescriptions, CVS, Walgreens…

No chicken from Tyson…

No rides from Uber or Lyft…

No healthcare from Anthem…

No dinner from Doordash…

No cell phone from ATT…

No UPS shipments…

Not even some Kraft cheese and Heinz ketchup…

Is this getting ridiculous yet? Why do we want to put those who produce things important to us like tough workwear out of business we sure are not going to make a dent in those listed here and there likely are thousands more. If not boycotting them all which ones do we boycott without being hypocritical? I think it is silly to boycott Carhartt over this…

I'm stunned with how few of these companies I do business with. Most by choice. Some due to circumstances beyond my control, like NBC. Dish and NBC are in a pissing match, as such no NBC for me. Of course that means no BigAwsomeBowl that is Super will be broadcast at my house this year. Bummer. I would like to do business with a new F350, but Ford thinks they're worth more than I think they're worth. It's difficult to adhere to an absolutist boycott. But I do what I can when I can. And I do it for me. McCorporation may continue to serve billions. But they will serve me zero.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Ok, please explain to me why many of these threads are often about companies that supply much needed equipment to many INGO members? Most of the companies in my list have had their policies for months but there was no thread about them. Why?

They are not bedrock principles if selectively followed…
    People start threads or don't for a variety of reasons. Lack of awareness is often enough the reason for not posting. Most of the companies on your list either have no viable alternative OR are not all that relevant to INGO. Neither is the case for Carhartt. A better question would be why should Carhartt be above reproach?

They are not principles at all if they're never followed. Perfection is not a principle, it's a delusion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People start threads or don't for a variety of reasons. Lack of awareness is often enough the reason for not posting. Most of the companies on your list either have no viable alternative OR are not all that relevant to INGO. Neither is the case for Carhartt. A better question would be why should Carhartt be above reproach?

They are not principles at all if they're never followed. Perfection is not a principle, it's a delusion.
    Wishy washy principals are not principals…

McDonalds? No one here eats there? No one here has a Ford truck?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If we are going to do this, let’s do it right. Here is a list I came across.

So toss those credit cards, American Express, and Citi, Bank Of America, Capital One…

No shopping at Walmart and TJMaxx…

No Big Macs…

No new F350…

No Yellowstone, Paramount owned by Viacom…

No TV from NBC and Netflix…

No flying commercial, Southwest, Delta, United…

No prescriptions, CVS, Walgreens…

No chicken from Tyson…

No rides from Uber or Lyft…

No healthcare from Anthem…

No dinner from Doordash…

No cell phone from ATT…

No UPS shipments…

Not even some Kraft cheese and Heinz ketchup…

Is this getting ridiculous yet? Why do we want to put those who produce things important to us like tough workwear out of business we sure are not going to make a dent in those listed here and there likely are thousands more. If not boycotting them all which ones do we boycott without being hypocritical? I think it is silly to boycott Carhartt over this…

I mean most of your list I’m fine with. But I’m still shopping at Walmart.

Top Bottom