• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Am now, I won't be buying anything else with their logo on it and I started that thread.

Unfortunate for me, hopefully near suicidal for Carharrt. I'd love to see them reverse course on this.
    And where does it stop? If I do a search I bet most of the tools you use, equipment you use, probably gun and accessories have a similar edict. I have just given up try to enforce purity on the compaies I buy from…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was thinking it'll reverse flow soon because conditions in Mexico will be significantly better than here thanks to the demof***s.

I've spent a lot of time working there, the idea that the US would get that way is sickening. That said I think Mexico is the long term model. Most Mexicans are a close fit to that "you will own nothing and be happy" saying.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Me, for one.
    Are you checking each vendor you buy from to be certain they are not violating the purity standards?

What do you do when your power company enforces vaccine edicts?

How does one choose, buy American made but the company requires a vaccine or made in China?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are you checking each vendor you buy from to be certain they are not violating the purity standards?

What do you do when your power company enforces vaccine edicts?

How does one choose, buy American made but the company requires a vaccine or made in China?
    How does this square with your view of not buying from Walmart because of all the Chinese crap that they sell? Aren't you doing the same thing? It's okay to "buy American" even if they're implementing CCP-like policies?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How does this square with your view of not buying from Walmart because of all the Chinese crap that they sell? Aren't you doing the same thing? It's okay to "buy American" even if they're implementing CCP-like policies?
    I don’t like WM. So I don’t shop there. I certainly like to let folks know what WM is and does, particularly after all they spent convincing us they have American products, but I’m beyond the whole boycott BS.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don’t like WM. So I don’t shop there. I certainly like to let folks know what WM is and does, particularly after all they spent convincing us they have American products, but I’m beyond the whole boycott BS.
    I don't "like" Walmart per se, but I do like my money. If they're selling the same thing cheaper than I can get it elsewhere (Chinese or not) then that's where I buy it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So does INGO only boycott after a member posts about the scoundrel? So are you all searching to see if a company has a mandatory vaccination policy?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So does INGO only boycott after a member posts about the scoundrel? So are you all searching to see if a company has a mandatory vaccination policy?
    No, I'm not. If I hear about it I'll act but I'm not going to spend my time looking for businesses I don't agree with. I'd much rather we go back to a time where businesses weren't expected to put their political leanings on front street. I like Nathan's hot dogs and especially their pickles. If they're not anxious to announce their politics I'm just fine remaining ignorant of them. If they draw attention to their politics and I don't agree I'll be done with them.

This is not a request to look and I would very much appreciate remaining ignorant of Nathan's political leanings. Please.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My favorite shirts are Dickies.
    I liked their jeans. I also remember these (which I didn't like). Different kind of dickie I know. :):

iu

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, I'm not. If I hear about it I'll act but I'm not going to spend my time looking for businesses I don't agree with. I'd much rather we go back to a time where businesses weren't expected to put their political leanings on front street. I like Nathan's hot dogs and especially their pickles. If they're not anxious to announce their politics I'm just fine remaining ignorant of them. If they draw attention to their politics and I don't agree I'll be done with them.

This is not a request to look and I would very much appreciate remaining ignorant of Nathan's political leanings. Please.

I get it but then I got the futility of the boycotts. No one cares. And this is not 2A or the like, it is a company mandating a vaccine to employees, that you and I disagree with. So now are you buying no name Chinese knock offs made by slaves?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Kroger isn`t "mandating" the vaccine for their employees, they`re simply adding a $50/pay period surcharge on the unvaxed, as well as doing away with paid time off if they get Covid. Kroger will not see another dime of my money and I let them know that. Now...on to contact Carhartt...

Top Bottom