• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not the correct question. Has anyone purchased a Ford since they mandated the vaccine and fired people is the question you want. It would be stupid to sell a vehicle you already had.
    I’ve never owned a ford product new. I had a tempo 30+ years ago

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some act as if the members here are screaming for an organized, advertised, national boycott. I haven't seen anyone doing anything like that. No one has claimed that INGO members avoiding a specific company is going to bankrupt them or that we're teaching some great lesson to the evil corporations.
    Maybe we're reading this differently, then:
    Pick the weakest of the herd and separate them. Once you hurt them financially then you pick the next weakest. It’s about gaining steam and continuing to move forward. I don’t care if carhartt goes out of business, there are other clothiers that will still be in business.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ok, please explain to me why many of these threads are often about companies that supply much needed equipment to many INGO members? Most of the companies in my list have had their policies for months but there was no thread about them. Why?

They are not bedrock principles if selectively followed…
    I do my best to make a play on the ball only if it’s on my side of the court. I do not make choices for anyone else on this rock. Doing nothing unless it is pure sounds like a good way to do nothing. All opinions

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In another thread this was said.

I have a some of their stuff. I also used to go to rural king and buy the walls branded stuff that was just as good for half price years ago.
    Walls is owned by the same corporation as Dickies and has the same policy…

Now whose workwear are we buying?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I buy used Korean cars, I shop at Walmart. I haven’t purchased anything on credit in 10 years. I’m not the norm. I’m not pure. I’m a hypocrite and I don’t give two ***** what a keyboard warrior thinks about me and my purity. If I disagree with something then so be it. Like it not not I don’t care. I don’t answer to your purity scale and if you were to tell me in person the answer would be the same: **** off.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lost of folks think they should be boycotted.

For the record again I am against their mandate. A boycott may work here because they are still privately owned. If the boycott doesn’t work it may kill them off.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I’m going to make my point clear and distinct. If you are boycotting Carhartt, and get in an Uber, paid for with your Citi card, to go to the airport where you have a Big Mac while while waiting to board a southwest flight to Vegas to stay at MGM, you are a hypocrite.

As stated earlier this is about a private company and their vaccine policy, not an attack on our second amendment rights. Most of you don’t run a company and have firsthand knowledge of the pressure that can be put on these companies. It could be as simple as their insurance or legal counsel told them they had too. And to sheep that doesn’t seem a big deal.
    I`m sorry, but I disagree with you on this. I don`t think it`s hypocritical ion the least. You yourself said, it`s nearly impossible to boycott everyone whose doing the same thing, or close to the same thing. So then, pick out those that you feel are the most egregious in what they`re doing. Boycott them until you decide it`s time to move onto someone/something else. I feel better about doing something, than doing nothing.

Top Bottom