Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The CDC's VAERS reporting system was set up to track vaccine-related injury, Most patients can expect to experience some kind of adverse reaction, but for the vast majority of patients, symptoms will be relatively mild and clear up within a couple of days. But amid a rush of reports about patient deaths, Berenson points out that the number of patients seeing serious complications per the number of doses distributed is roughly 50x higher(just for the first shot) than the rate of 'adverse' reactions caused by the flu vaccine.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But amid a rush of reports about patient deaths, Berenson points out that the number of patients seeing serious complications per the number of doses distributed is roughly 50x higher(just for the first shot) than the rate of 'adverse' reactions caused by the flu vaccine.
    That kind of data is why I'm in no hurry to get the vaccine, but certainly open to getting it. Just need more information.

I'm also planning/hoping to control which vaccine I get, but we'll see.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seem a bit hypocritical of the state to host this super-spreader event?

I was wondering about this too. I thought Indiana was a bit of a hot spot. And they're bringing everything to the crossroads?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The post holiday new-case counts in Indiana, so far, are encouraging. We likely would have seen a Christmas spike by now and haven't. Within a week, we will know whether there has been a New Year's spike, but I don't expect that much.

We seemed to hit out transmission peak in early December...maybe related to Thanksgiving, maybe not. We had nearly the same numbers the week before Thanksgiving. We hit an average new case rate of about 6,400 per day in mid November, then spiked to an average of 6,800+ in early December. Our current average is about 4,800 with several days around 3,500 in the last week. Hopefully we see this trend continue.

I am going to be tested tonight, but only because I need a recent negative test to step foot on campus when I take my daughter back to college next week. I have no reason to believe it will be positive.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    By now I was about halfway expecting to see fanny pack oxygen concentration tech to be used for portable positive pressurization of plastic bag bubble helmets. Maybe the fear will get cranked up enough yet.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    By now I was about halfway expecting to see fanny pack oxygen concentration tech to be used for portable positive pressurization of plastic bag bubble helmets. Maybe the fear will get cranked up enough yet.

Like so?

03-COVID-Helmet-Airport-Ad.png

Sure it lacks its own oxygen source, but 4 HEPA filters and two fans should get-er-done.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Like so?

03-COVID-Helmet-Airport-Ad.png

Sure it lacks its own oxygen source, but 4 HEPA filters and two fans should get-er-done.

Just submitted to management for approval to buy and put company logos on for all employees

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The post holiday new-case counts in Indiana, so far, are encouraging. We likely would have seen a Christmas spike by now and haven't. Within a week, we will know whether there has been a New Year's spike, but I don't expect that much.

We seemed to hit out transmission peak in early December...maybe related to Thanksgiving, maybe not. We had nearly the same numbers the week before Thanksgiving. We hit an average new case rate of about 6,400 per day in mid November, then spiked to an average of 6,800+ in early December. Our current average is about 4,800 with several days around 3,500 in the last week. Hopefully we see this trend continue.

I am going to be tested tonight, but only because I need a recent negative test to step foot on campus when I take my daughter back to college next week. I have no reason to believe it will be positive.
    About 6,200 new cases today. Over the next couple of days we'll see if this a trend or simply a daily result.

Good news on the ICU bed front- we have over 27% open with is more than 7% more than we had a few weeks ago.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    About 6,200 new cases today. Over the next couple of days we'll see if this a trend or simply a daily result.

Good news on the ICU bed front- we have over 27% open with is more than 7% more than we had a few weeks ago.
    Hey HM,

When I just checked the ISDH it had ICU availability at 22%, within a couple percent of the recent average. Were you maybe looking at the ICU-COVID beds in use (27%)?

Generally speaking, though, to follow up on your optimism, there are some good signals here in Indiana. Although many of the counties are now in red (whatever that means), our daily deaths and daily positives appear to be decreasing. Our positivity rate looks like it is increasing, but that could be a function of testing more sick people.

And as long as the ICU capacity is around 20%, I think that's pretty good.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, it has fluctuated between 20-25% now since the beginning of November, IIRC. There was one day when it dropped to like 15% but that turned out to be a data entry problem.

Of course, higher is better! But this load seems pretty sustainable, especially since I'm not aware of any of the emergency overflow contingencies being implemented. So we actually have more capacity than what that metric shows.

Well, that's structural capacity. I'm not sure about manpower.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like 4 people died in the Capitol building takeover yesterday.

But about 4,000 died from COVID yesterday.

More than 15,000 people died in the first week of 2021. I believe the first recorded COVID death was on Feb. 29, 2020, in the US. From that date, it took about 40 days to hit 15k deaths.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Looks like 4 people died in the Capitol building takeover yesterday.

But about 4,000 died from COVID yesterday.

More than 15,000 people died in the first week of 2021. I believe the first recorded COVID death was on Feb. 29, 2020, in the US. From that date, it took about 40 days to hit 15k deaths.
    7700 people die every day in the USA from what every

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom