Anyone else tracking the growing # of countries leaving the US Dollar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It seems like my alternative news feeds are a constant news update of new countries making agreements to buy & sell outside of the US dollar. It appears we're on the verge of the world deciding that the US dollar is no longer the global reserve currency. I've only heard nightmares of what that looks like when we hit that tipping point and our US dollar effectively becomes worthless.

Is anyone here tracking this? Am I the only one?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems like my alternative news feeds are a constant news update of new countries making agreements to buy & sell outside of the US dollar. It appears we're on the verge of the world deciding that the US dollar is no longer the global reserve currency. I've only heard nightmares of what that looks like when we hit that tipping point and our US dollar effectively becomes worthless.

Scary times…

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville

Yes, you're the only one Teddy.

Teddy.jpg
    The rest of us are waiting for the government to print our way out of this mess.
    If you find yourself in a hole and need to get out... Keep Digging!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Saudi Arabia has now joined a non-dollar coalition and is cutting production and export to the US.

The dollar is all over but the crying. I hope people enjoyed their covid vacations, that was the last taste of the easy life they're ever going to get.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I've been watching it build for a while now.
    I'm not sure how much of a threat it is yet.....there is no other countries currency that has the clout of the Dollar.... maybe the Basket that BRICS is attempting may be the impetuous to bring out dollar down...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well, the dollar better collapse this time.

I've heard this same old baloney for 40+ years..."But this time it's real!" We'll see.

If we haven't had a financial calamity by 6/30/2023 then I will cease being a conspiract theorist. :):

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I wouldn't say I'm tracking it but am aware of this. Since I don't watch any national news on TV anymore I wonder if this is another situation where it is quietly being suppressed so as not to make the current administration from looking bad. It seems like just another thing to add to the list of accomplishments from the Obiden's takedown of America.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I've heard this same old baloney for 40+ years..."But this time it's real!" We'll see.

If we haven't had a financial calamity by 6/30/2023 then I will cease being a conspiract theorist. :):
    How much was your dollar worth in 1980 vs today?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I agree and understand the skepticism. I've been through a few cycles of fear and speculation to the point where I've grown numb to it. This time does seem different to me in that this effects the worlds economy.

On the one hand, I could see this forcing the US to address it's currency and spending problems and start to behave.

On the other hand, I see this kind of thing disrupting the global supply chain, home values suffer, businesses will get destroyed, life savings will be lost, misinformed ego driven politicians could call it an attack and declare WWIII.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The value of the dollar is dropping like a rock with no end in sight. It could collapse at some point but the only option to be a world currency is the yuan. I don't think that's an attractive choice for many reasons.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    On the one hand, I could see this forcing the US to address it's currency and spending problems and start to behave.

I really want to think it's possible but my lack of faith in the group-thinking of our fellow citizens makes me pessimistic. We want an increasing amount of goodies from the government and if politicians don't deliver they'll be kicked out. Look at what Macron is facing in France.

I'll give the Democrats credit for one thing, they're willing to raise taxes to pay for spending. The Republicans spend damn near as much but simply add it to the debit.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I really want to think it's possible but my lack of faith in the group-thinking of our fellow citizens makes me pessimistic. We want an increasing amount of goodies from the government and if politicians don't deliver they'll be kicked out. Look at what Macron is facing in France.

I'll give the Democrats credit for one thing, they're willing to raise taxes to pay for spending. The Republicans spend damn near as much but simply add it to the debit.

I have very little faith that our dumbed down population can grasp the difference between currency and purchasing power. I have an equal last of confidence that our politicians will do the right thing and get the nations spending in order. It'd require cuts across the board and the military industrial complex would rather see another war than a smaller budget.

It really was nice while it lasted.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    China produces batteries and solar tech and yet forcing this "green new deal."
    China owns so much farmland in the US.
    China influences ads on social media.
    We let china win the steel war all while we were in a "war" with Afghanistan.
    China funding cartels
    China owning tons of US mines and companies in the states.

Not to mention the globe.

At least we are talking about this now but it's way to late.

Top Bottom