Anyone else tracking the growing # of countries leaving the US Dollar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Attacking the U.S. dollar is an easy way to harm the U.S. No tanks, not missiles, just business transactions where the parties involved agree to use currency other than the dollar. A crashed dollar was my first bogeyman that prompted me to consider resource planning, aka prepping. It's happening, right now, albeit slower than I imagined. Without our ownership of the worlds currency, we can no longer use the financial systems we've created, unlimited debt allowed by unlimited money printing. I fear the U.S. response will be the same default response we've always used. War! Although, via our typical manipulative political style, we might be able to come out on equal footing with the rest of the world if we implement CBDC's. Great.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    All kinds of people live in all kinds of countries that don't have the reserve currency. It doesn't move their standard of living back to the stone age. We will just be more like them. Taxes will go waaay up. Medicare will basically reduce to a socialized HC system that denies you care and lets you die in a hallway, just like England.

I can't see that Wall Street will give a sh.t. They already live in a different world than us. Hell, the smarter critters are probably already hedging for this, and positioning to profit from it.

Uncle Sam, on the other hand, will have to scale back his ambitions considerably. Our allies who aren't spending anything on their own defense, might want to consider picking up a new language, or two.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I suspect all this buying of politicians, creating chaos, is all a part of the biggest currency manipulation every undertaken in the history of markets.

Would an are collector hob-nob with the most notorious art thief in the world? Why would our politicians curry favor with George Soros? The most successful currency manipulator in the world that I suspect is on the verge of destroying the US financial system.

Some of his past work..

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Seems China is achieving the impossible and brokering peace in the Middle East while America is nowhere to be found (except occupying and stealing Syria's oil). Embassies are reopening. These are two countries who have been fighting an ungodly bloody and destructive proxy war in Yemen, fueled by American weapons, for nearly a decade. Where was the American-led peace process? There wasn't one. We dumped weapons into the war, then got a weak stomach and tried to yank them back from the Saudis. Now they've abandoned us for a more stable and sensible partner, having finally tired of American fecklessness and pendulum-swinging.

We're watching a damn break. First the trickles from a few holes, then some gushers that are too big to be plugged, then pieces start falling off the top, then it breaks all at once and the water sweeps through and makes it like the dam was never there. The political and financial routes around American influence and control were the trickles. Now they're getting bigger and bigger past all hope of plugging.

In less than ten years, America will be paying unfavorable exchange rates to buy foreign currency to buy Saudi oil because it refuses to pump its own.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I don’t feel like the world would move away from the dollar as a reserve currency as the replacement would need to be “trusted” more than the dollar. The Yuan is run by a country with even more corruption than the U.S. i think they are definitely try though, with the large amounts of gold they have been purchasing.

At the same time, I don’t see a way out of our debt predicament without either a world war or a collapse/hyperinflation. If we move off of the dollar, our current trade deficit would mean really bad news for us.

I’ve been focusing on acquiring assets and durable goods

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In 1980 a Ford Bronco was $8,885.
    2023 Bronco's start at $34,595.
    While I don't disagree with your point, CPI calcs show current value of $8,885 in 2023 to be $$33,480. Which to me says cars have gotten cheaper cause you are getting a lot more with a modern Bronco (drove an '83 Bronco II, it was crap).

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t feel like the world would move away from the dollar as a reserve currency as the replacement would need to be “trusted” more than the dollar.
    When the Saudi’s “trust” the Yuan the rest will follow. If one the richest entities in the world will take it most will fall in line. The US is a wash rag that is about rung out...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When the Saudi’s “trust” the Yuan the rest will follow. If one the richest entities in the world will take it most will fall in line. The US is a wash rag that is about rung out...
    Exactly. Follow the money, plane and simple. Especially if your nation would like to purchase some oil.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Anyone that votes for the Democrats are crazy. Except, of course, those looking for handouts, er, vote buying by the Democrats!
    SWMBO voted for Bidet to get better health care. I recently asked her how that was working out. Her answer - "Not at all." But the damage is done.

CPI LOL. When they keep changing what's included and to what amount, they can get the result they want. "Torture the data long enough and it will confess to anything."

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill

Latin America is the region of the world with the largest amount of lithium. Its so-called Lithium Triangle will inevitably become the nexus for the coveted mineral, which is often referred to as “white gold.” The Lithium Triangle is a lithium-rich region in the Andean southwest corner of South America, spanning the borders of Argentina, Bolivia, and Chile and forming a geographic triangle of lithium resources underneath their salt flats. Approximately 58 percent of the world’s lithium resources are found in these three countries, according to the 2021 USGS Mineral Commodity Summary.

It is from this article: South America's Lithium Triangle

The YouTube video is not related to the article. In short, they don't like us.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom