• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm in the vehicle being pursued at night, I see a lighted area ahead, I should have turned on my 4way lights but didn't think of it at the time.

I roll down the window as I pull to a stop so I can talk to and hear the policeman who is behind me, he says to me stick both hands out the window so I do, so then he says get out of the car, WHOA THERE, wait a minute, if I reach inside to unfasten my seatbelt he might just shoot at me, hell no, I'm keeping my hands in full sight. He yells at me to get out of the vehicle but I can't without pulling my hands inside, out of view, hell no that's an excuse to shoot me.
    I can't get out and I can't unlock the door, dam crazy cop is gonna shoot me, I'm in a Catch 22 moment.

Finally the cops get close enough to see my hands while I unlock and open the door and take off my seatbelt, then they tell me to get down and lay on the ground. Now you've got me, I have no idea why he wouldn't or possibly couldn't comply.

Clearly the cop was pi**ed and was on an adrenaline high, I too would be afraid he would shoot me just for the he** of it. You read about this quite often anymore.

Put the cop on desk duty until he learns to think like the person he's giving orders to. And yes, it was a bad stop, he had a licence plate displayed in the rear window, I see it all the time.

Except the guy wouldn't initially show BOTH hands out of the window. The cops were already overreacting, but this is the point that it really went south.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I used to travel I-74 between Indianapolis and Batesville every day and saw pickups and Dodge Chargers making traffic stops, it got so that I could spot them a mile away as the saying goes. But yeah, at night how can you be sure.

Back in the 70s, there used to be a Marion County Sheriff who drove on 465 in an early 60s Chevy II, jacked up in back, Crager SS wheels, traction bars, the whole thing.

He would get up next to you and bump the throttle a couple of times, I was within half a second of downshifting and flooring it, when we passed a streetlight and I saw the star on the sleeve of his uniform jacket.

I just smiled and waved.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the 70s, there used to be a Marion County Sheriff who drove on 465 in an early 60s Chevy II, jacked up in back, Crager SS wheels, traction bars, the whole thing.

He would get up next to you and bump the throttle a couple of times, I was within half a second of downshifting and flooring it, when we passed a streetlight and I saw the star on the sleeve of his uniform jacket.

I just smiled and waved.
    He was not the only one. I understand that those butt munchers were driving impounded and personal cars.
    Mid 70's I was west bound Rockville road in my 67 Nova. It was a street killer. Guy in a 70/71 Camaro pulled the same crap. Yeah I took the bait and he saw tail lights. I do believe he was doing his best. Next thing I was lit up by 2 Sheriffs Mercury's and removed from my car and cuffed. I was not the easiest person to deal with when I learned I was baited. Bad JU-JU

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Wow asking for a break is probably not the best route. I did get out of a ticket once that I absolutely deserved. I really believe it was because I was honest with the officer and gave him the respect he deserved. I was 20 over and he should have busted me for sure. But he simply gave me a warning and said have a nice day. Never would have thought a state trooper would let me slide.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Back to the original topic...

This isn't Nazario's first traffic stop. You'd think he get the issue corrected.
    This is from one month previous.

Why's he wearing old woodland camo? I guess it's NG.

Missed this the first time... so 11/7 first stop and 12/5 second stop... on the same 30 day NY temp tags. :rolleyes:

On CBS Sunday Morning they described him as being "respectful" but getting pepper sprayed anyhow.

What a load of :poop:

Top Bottom